FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Grand Hyatt Barcelona (formerly Hotel Sofia) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1939199-grand-hyatt-barcelona-formerly-hotel-sofia-review-master-thread.html)

coggie Nov 6, 2018 6:29 am

Grand Hyatt Barcelona (formerly Hotel Sofia) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

First Hyatt in Barcelona this winter!

Hotel Sofia Barcelona joins Hyatt’s Unbound Collection

cruisingmickey Nov 6, 2018 9:01 am

I can't wait! I wonder when we can start booking.

Oh wow, according to the wiki, this hotel used to be an Intercontinental way back in 1996. Looks like it was recently renovated so we'll have a practically brand new hotel. Very nice.

From wiki, "The Hotel Sofia Barcelona is a skyscraper hotel near Avinguda Diagonal (Diagonal Avenue) in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. It has 22 floors and rises 79 meters.[1] The hotel was completed in 1975 as the Hotel Princesa Sofia. It was renamed InterContinental Princesa Sofia in 1996, then the Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia in 2004. It was completely renovated in 2017 and renamed Hotel Sofia Barcelona.[2]"

craigthemif Nov 6, 2018 9:10 am

With luck in 2019 we'll have Barcelona's 7 Small Luxury Hotels to choose from as well...

Flythemiles21 Nov 29, 2018 4:41 am

coggie Dec 11, 2018 1:00 am

Bookable

Now bookable on Hyatt.com. Category 5 hotel.

cruisingmickey Dec 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Woohoo! Super excited for this. I wonder what the suite the tsu books into. I hope it's not the first wish one. That one is more of a junior suite and not a true suite.

Aventine Dec 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Everybody is going to want a Wish Granted. :p

creativeguess1 Jan 8, 2019 10:01 am

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey (Post 30525810)
Woohoo! Super excited for this. I wonder what the suite the tsu books into. I hope it's not the first wish one. That one is more of a junior suite and not a true suite.

Booked 2 nights in May. Used a TSU for the GREAT WISH SUITE.

craigthemif Jan 8, 2019 11:07 am

I can't wait for the complaints that this hotel is too far away from the main tourist attractions. :D

igoncrazy Mar 24, 2019 6:51 am

Does anyone have experience with the Wish Lounge? If so, how does it compare with the average Hyatt Regency lounge? Thanks!

christianj Mar 24, 2019 7:29 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 30627869)
I can't wait for the complaints that this hotel is too far away from the main tourist attractions. :D

i just noticed the addition and looking at the details I thought the same thing. Not an optimal location for tourists but at least an addition.

coggie Mar 24, 2019 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by christianj (Post 30923427)

i just noticed the addition and looking at the details I thought the same thing. Not an optimal location for tourists but at least an addition.

the hotel gorgeous and the metro is just down the street. worth a stay here.

cruisingmickey Mar 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Thanks @coggie that's comforting to know the metro is down the street. I was afraid the hotel would be too far from everything too. I have a stay coming up as well.

luvFclass Mar 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Anyone that stayed here have any feedback on the lounges or the Globalist suites upgrades at this property? Planning a summer stay here in late August.

TIA

LFC

Football Fan Mar 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by luvFclass (Post 30929027)
Anyone that stayed here have any feedback on the lounges or the Globalist suites upgrades at this property? Planning a summer stay here in late August.

TIA

LFC

I got what they called a suite and I would call it a junior suite. Nice room. Didn't know about lounges. Points haven't posted after two weeks or so. I have some pictures of the room which I'll post later.