Wiki Posts
Search

New Ways to Use Your Points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
New Ways to Use Your Points

Today's email highlights new premium suites for double the standard rate as well as room upgrades for 3000 points for Regency Club, 6000 points for standard suites and 9000 points for premium suites per day. Changes effective November 1. No changes to categories that I can see with just a quick look.

See: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-upgrades.html
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Today's email highlights new premium suites for double the standard rate as well as room upgrades for 3000 points for Regency Club, 6000 points for standard suites and 9000 points for premium suites per day. Changes effective November 1. No changes to categories that I can see with just a quick look.

See: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-upgrades.html
It's been all over a bunch of blogs for the past few days: https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...ades-and-more/

You missed the other major headline is that for Cash & Points, the CASH portion has now increased to 50% of the cash rate of the room (instead of the curren fixed co-pay by category).

All changes are effective on November 1. Just slightly more than a week notice of the devaluation!

Also note that Globalists will no longer be receiving 2 United Club vouchers starting with next year's qualification.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know the general sentiment is that these changes suck, but I have to say that with my relatively low valuation of Hyatt points, the C+P hasn't made sense to me for quite a while, so these changes aren't so bad. I think I might get some use out of the suite flexibility.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by josephstern
I know the general sentiment is that these changes suck, but I have to say that with my relatively low valuation of Hyatt points, the C+P hasn't made sense to me for quite a while, so these changes aren't so bad. I think I might get some use out of the suite flexibility.
Depending greatly on what each hotel classifies as a standard or premium suite. The terms and conditions now specifically exclude specialty, premier, presidential or diplomatic suites. So there are plenty of categories for hotels to conveniently move suites into to exclude them from award inventory.
milehound and dw like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Depending greatly on what each hotel classifies as a standard or premium suite. The terms and conditions now specifically exclude specialty, premier, presidential or diplomatic suites. So there are plenty of categories for hotels to conveniently move suites into to exclude them from award inventory.
Yup - too bad you can't browse these options online. Calling is always a bit painful.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:31 pm

I don't care about the points and cash. I'm actually not sure what people who would. Members who stay at Hyatt usually have enough that P&C doesn't make financial sense (globalist get free parking only on pure point stays). M&S should have enough points either so they don't care about using P&C.

Giving premium suite availability with points is good, a very positive change.

United vouchers? What vouchers? Never got any these past few years.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:57 pm

I'm definitely looking forward to the premium suite upgrades. Hopefully they implement it well.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt GP Platinum, *wood Gold
GRRR!

I always got a sweet C+P deal at the Park Hyatt Vienna for Thanksgiving trips: good thing I booked my C+P stay for 2018 months in advance. At least we still have the free 1-4 certificate, which I use for an annual visit to Boston (which would be prohibitively expensive otherwise).
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In a few days, and before 11/1, you might be able to book your dates for Thanksgiving 2019 at current C+P prices.
lalala likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by milehound
GRRR!

I always got a sweet C+P deal at the Park Hyatt Vienna for Thanksgiving trips: good thing I booked my C+P stay for 2018 months in advance. At least we still have the free 1-4 certificate, which I use for an annual visit to Boston (which would be prohibitively expensive otherwise).
I would use that soon. Hotels in Boston proper aren't likely to remain category 4 for much longer given increases other chains have already implemented coupled with generally high cash prices. Plus you never know when you will get the one/no week notice for the 2019 category creeps list.
dw likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
United vouchers? What vouchers? Never got any these past few years.
I don’t believe I ever received these as a Globalist - assuming United Club was meant. Was that a published benefit?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B

I don’t believe I ever received these as a Globalist - assuming United Club was meant. Was that a published benefit?
Yes, Globalist benefit and they came with the welcome pack. In 2017 I never got a welcome pack at all. For 2018 I asked my concierge 2x (long after I requalified) and both times she said she would have them resent. The packet eventually showed up but it was probably 3 months after my second note to her. I don't know why it was so difficult..
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
I am so happy that I burned all my points @ PH Maldives during my last year as a Globalist.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've gotten my club vouchers each year, pretty sure.

Given United clubs, you aren't missing a lot.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I don't care about the points and cash. I'm actually not sure what people who would. .
It's great that someone else pays your way and you collect points. Good for you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.