Best Phoenix/ Scottsdale Hyatt

Old Oct 21, 18, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold; Ex UA 1K & AA EXP
Best Phoenix/ Scottsdale Hyatt

Any thoughts on the best Phoenix/ Scottsdale Hyatt?
Old Oct 21, 18, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I think that is largely dependent on what you are looking for and when. I stayed at the Andaz Scottsdale resort over the summer. The property is quite nice and has a laid back vibe while still managing to be just a bit pretentious. The problem is the rooms are largely made up of outdoor spaces that are hard to enjoy when the temp never drops below 90. This time of year would be absolutely perfect for a stay there.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 18, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold; Ex UA 1K & AA EXP
Originally Posted by Tim_AZ View Post
I think that is largely dependent on what you are looking for and when. I stayed at the Andaz Scottsdale resort over the summer. The property is quite nice and has a laid back vibe while still managing to be just a bit pretentious. The problem is the rooms are largely made up of outdoor spaces that are hard to enjoy when the temp never drops below 90. This time of year would be absolutely perfect for a stay there.
Thanks! My stay would be in the winter with 2 rooms for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers)
Old Oct 22, 18, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
We have stayed at the Andaz numerous times and we really like it. And we just stayed at the Royal Palms for the first time and enjoyed our stay there as well. The Andaz has more of a lifestyle feel while the Royal Palms is a bit of your traditional luxury property. Your teenagers would definitely like the Andaz.

And if you are doing a paid/cash booking, both properties participate in Hyatt Prive along with the Hyatt Regency Gainey Ranch.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 18, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bcosinteno View Post
We have stayed at the Andaz numerous times and we really like it. And we just stayed at the Royal Palms for the first time and enjoyed our stay there as well. The Andaz has more of a lifestyle feel while the Royal Palms is a bit of your traditional luxury property. Your teenagers would definitely like the Andaz.

And if you are doing a paid/cash booking, both properties participate in Hyatt Prive along with the Hyatt Regency Gainey Ranch.
Thanks! I'm looking at the Hyatt Prive option
Old Oct 24, 18, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Andaz has some connecting rooms that are designed for families. You can see floorplans on the hotel's website.

Otherwise be aware that the property consists of about thirty buildings scattered around the property with about a half dozen rooms per building. You don't want your teens to be staying on the opposite end of the place (although they might like it). Also, don't expect extensive resort facilities like you would find on a big resort complex. There's no golf, I don't recall seeing a tennis court, in the summer the spa didn't seem to have many clients (it looked empty, almost like it was closed, etc.), there's only a single restaurant/bar plus the bar at the pool that's open only in the middle of the day, etc. There's a single strip mall with a few restaurants within walking distance, so of course you need a car here.

It's not Hyatt, but your kids might enjoy the Phoenician (Starwood LC) with its huge iconic swimming pool, cactus garden tours, golf, tennis, multiple restaurants and shops all on the property.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 18, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
The Andaz has some connecting rooms that are designed for families. You can see floorplans on the hotel's website.

Otherwise be aware that the property consists of about thirty buildings scattered around the property with about a half dozen rooms per building. You don't want your teens to be staying on the opposite end of the place (although they might like it). Also, don't expect extensive resort facilities like you would find on a big resort complex. There's no golf, I don't recall seeing a tennis court, in the summer the spa didn't seem to have many clients (it looked empty, almost like it was closed, etc.), there's only a single restaurant/bar plus the bar at the pool that's open only in the middle of the day, etc. There's a single strip mall with a few restaurants within walking distance, so of course you need a car here.

It's not Hyatt, but your kids might enjoy the Phoenician (Starwood LC) with its huge iconic swimming pool, cactus garden tours, golf, tennis, multiple restaurants and shops all on the property.
Thanks. I think my kids would LOVE that
Old Oct 25, 18, 3:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
As others have said the best Hyatt in Phoenix is the Gainey Ranch. Beautiful outdoor areas. If you are a globalist they have a good lounge - if not globalist I would say a good use to upgrade with points or certificate to the lounge.

Biggest weakness with the resort is the actual hotel rooms are small.
MarkP24 likes this.