Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Re-qualification email doesn't mention TSUs, free night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat

After 55 nights, the re-qualification email from Hyatt never mentioned the 4 TSUs, Cat 1-7 free night, or Concierge. At first I thought that, after all the early ambiguity, those benefits really are only avail at 60 nights, so I went back through all the threads here just to confirm. And I now do see the TSUs and free nights in my account. I just don't understand why they wouldn't mention those in the email. Hyatt just seems to make some simple things more difficult than needed.

Dear NJNY, We're excited to welcome you to another year as a World of Hyatt Globalist. The same care, rewards, and experiences will continue to be at your fingertips.Here’s a highlight of the luxuries and services you’ll enjoy for another year:Travel in luxuryGet comfortable with room upgrades, up to standard suites; Club lounge access, including breakfast; and free parking on all your free nights, where parking can be charged to your room.Forget the resort feesEnjoy waived resort fees on free night awards and eligible rates.More Ways to Be RewardedChoose a suite upgrade award or 10,000 Bonus Points after staying 70, 80, 90 and 100 qualifying nights in a calendar year.Earn pointsEarn points on qualifying nights, dining, spa experiences and more. Plus, receive 30% Bonus Points on those purchases.
Use points with easeSpend points on free nights (with no blackout dates at Hyatt hotels and resorts), airline miles or car rental awards and share points with other World of Hyatt members.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NJNY
After 55 nights, the re-qualification email from Hyatt never mentioned the 4 TSUs, Cat 1-7 free night, or Concierge. At first I thought that, after all the early ambiguity, those benefits really are only avail at 60 nights, so I went back through all the threads here just to confirm. And I now do see the TSUs and free nights in my account. I just don't understand why they wouldn't mention those in the email. Hyatt just seems to make some simple things more difficult than needed.
Thanks for the data point.

I have two questions:

1. When you only need 55 night to qualify, does the counter on the app / web site show this correctly?

2. If you re-qualify with 55 (and don't make it to 60) nights this year, can you re-qualify with 55 next year (a strict reading of the terms suggests not, but the website says "each subsequent year")
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
1. When you only need 55 night to qualify, does the counter on the app / web site show this correctly?
YES it did show that I'd qualify at 55. I was just cautious because I remember some concern that Globalist status would happen at 55 but TSUs and the free night at 60. That is not the case - all benefits seem to be there at 55.

2. If you re-qualify with 55 (and don't make it to 60) nights this year, can you re-qualify with 55 next year (a strict reading of the terms suggests not, but the website says "each subsequent year")
I have assumed the latter, that each subsequent year (after 60) would re-qualify at 55, but that's a great question.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
As soon as I requalified when 55th night posted, 4 TSU and Cat 1-7 free night cert showed up in my account.

Have you checked you account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.