Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:54 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Online check out hotels?

i thought that Hyatt had a list on their website that showed hotels that had online check in and check out. I can’t find it anymore.

Is there any list for this?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Back when Online checkin/checkout was new, I remember that they used to have it (it was a pretty small/short rollout list). Nowadays, I don't recall being to a hotel in the last year or so that didn't have online check-in or check-out.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Online check-in is nearly worthless, since you still have to go to the front desk for your key, etc.

Online check-out is unnecessary since you will be checked out automatically once housekeeping finds an empty room.

To be honest, I'd rather have fewer spam emails inviting me to check in online and to check out online, neither of which I find necessary to do. I suppose that online checkout might result in an emailed invoice but that's about it...

Like @jameswes I seem to get the emails for every stay
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Online check-out is unnecessary since you will be checked out automatically once housekeeping finds an empty room.
Yes, this is true. Keep in mind that a hotel can't clean a room until they know it's vacant. If you've ever checked in early after a sold out night, it's probably due to the fact that the previous guest took the time to check out. You don't even need to go to the Front Desk. Just pick up the phone, dial "0", and tell whoever answers that you're leaving. It should only take 30-60 seconds. (If no one answers right away, just leave knowing that you tried to help out the next person staying in that room.)

I worked for years in hotels. Honestly, it doesn't really help the hotel out much. It really is just a simple way to possibly help out a stranger.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Yes, this is true. Keep in mind that a hotel can't clean a room until they know it's vacant.
I'd be a rich man if f I had a dollar for every time housekeeping ignored the "do not disturb" sign and walked in on me on check-out day, with or without late check-out due to elite status.

Of course you make a fair point about considering others, but I rarely see any restraint at all in "determining whether it's vacant" and many hotels have a drop-the-key express check-out box which informs nobody at all about your departure.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Of course you make a fair point about considering others, but I rarely see any restraint at all in "determining whether it's vacant" and many hotels have a drop-the-key express check-out box which informs nobody at all about your departure.
You seem to be assuming that the only time those boxes are checked is after the official check-out time. In the hotel that had that option, we checked the box multiple times every morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.