Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt v. Grand Hyatt in DC - Teen Friendly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Several...

Is one more teen friendly than the other? I know people say PH is more upscale and I see now they have two rooms available. Previously they did not for our dates. We've already booked at Grand Hyatt. But, might be willing to switch if there's a good reason to do so. Your thoughts? We'd be using points to book this stay if it matters.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Teen friendly how? PH is fancier. GH has a club lounge, which gives them a place to escape if they want to be left alone or have space. Also has a much larger lobby for that purpose as well. There's also more to do in the neighborhood around GH. I would strongly lean towards GH.
soliloquy likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Several...
Originally Posted by steveholt
Teen friendly how? PH is fancier. GH has a club lounge, which gives them a place to escape if they want to be left alone or have space. Also has a much larger lobby for that purpose as well. There's also more to do in the neighborhood around GH. I would strongly lean towards GH.
What you wrote was more or less the information I was looking for. Thanks!
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by soliloquy
What you wrote was more or less the information I was looking for. Thanks!
I would add that although I haven't stayed at the GH, we did stay at the PH with our teenagers, and had one of the most wonderful stays ever! The PH is a boutique hotel vs. the GH which is much larger. We did have a very nice suite at the PH so everyone had their room. The lack of a lounge at the PH is certainly something to factor in, and the GH location is slightly better, but we thought the PH location was just great, and as a family of 4, we were able to easily Uber/ Lyft anywhere we needed quite quickly. It was a wonderful upscale experience that we won't forget.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:38 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The GH is very convention friendly, to the extent that they didn't seem to care much for elites over convention-goers. At least that's my experience and why I won't stay there again.
MarkP24 and Aventine like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
FHR Rate

We got a FHR rate at the PH, so it may be worth looking into that to see if one is available.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The GH is very convention friendly, to the extent that they didn't seem to care much for elites over convention-goers. At least that's my experience and why I won't stay there again.
I've had this experience too. I realize corporate events are hotel moneymakers but a brand should also care about its highest tier members.
MarkP24 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.