Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
For those complaining about the quality of the alcohol, do you know in Indonesia 750ml Smirnoff vodka was like $50. The import duties are so high for alcohol. That $hits expensive there !
Old May 27, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
That's the same situation for every other hotel in Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam ... you name it. There are plenty of of properties at the same (price) levels than what Hyatt Regency Bali is charging for a Club room or Club suite (our Regency Suite was 476 USD before taxes and service) and they manage to offer better wine and spirits. YMMV.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by demue
That's the same situation for every other hotel in Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam ... you name it. There are plenty of of properties at the same (price) levels than what Hyatt Regency Bali is charging for a Club room or Club suite (our Regency Suite was 476 USD before taxes and service) and they manage to offer better wine and spirits. YMMV.
not sure a lot of people will pay for regency suites at that price unless it’s upgraded rooms or point redemption (which compared to paid rate is an amazing value). Have a stay later this year pre category change which is even a better value.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by 168
We used our suite upgrade in March of this year. As diamonds, we had our choice to have breakfast at the club or at the main restaurant.
really? The GM wrote me just bf in the club lounge for globalists
Old May 29, 2019, 11:22 am

We were globalist Jan and we were able to choose restaurant or club.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by lorribarnes
We were globalist Jan and we were able to choose restaurant or club.
Staying here now as a Globalist. Also able to choose breakfast in restaurant or club.

Has anyone stayed here and not been provided with this option?
Old May 30, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by clublevel15
really? The GM wrote me just bf in the club lounge for globalists
Really. . I believe the official rule is what the GM told you via email. If I were the GM, I wouldn’t want any paper trail out there saying something different.

knowing the official rule, I don’t expect hotel would offer full breakfast at the restaurant if the lounge is open but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Every now and then, we get lucky at some of the Asian properties.

For data point, our son is 15 years old and he is consider as an adult at this property. By rule, we would have to pay for his meal but hotel COMP us 3 breakfasts daily during our stay.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by 168

Really. . I believe the official rule is what the GM told you via email. If I were the GM, I wouldn’t want any paper trail out there saying something different.

knowing the official rule, I don’t expect hotel would offer full breakfast at the restaurant if the lounge is open but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Every now and then, we get lucky at some of the Asian properties.

For data point, our son is 15 years old and he is consider as an adult at this property. By rule, we would have to pay for his meal but hotel COMP us 3 breakfasts daily during our stay.
This hotel always offered breakfast in the restaurant to top status members before the renovation.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
And funnily, when I was reading the rate descriptions a few days ago, a normal room on a flex rate incl. breakfast did spell out that you could have breakfast in the restaurant (expected) as well as via room service (interesting, if true).

On the other hand, for a Regency Club room breakfast is only at the lounge. I would have expected the in room dining option rather for a Club room than a regular one like at places like InterCon Bali where a Club guest can eat in lounge, any restaurant, room. YMMV.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:42 am

Staying at the HR Bali now and high season seems to have already begun. Property is a bit less peaceful with the crowds but still excellent - especially for Globalists.

If anyone is checking in over the next few weeks shoot me a PM and let's grab a drink in the lounge 👍
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:49 am

Stayed there from 2nd to 17th of June. Great property (nice suite), great club lounge, wonderful staff. I will come back!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by clublevel15
Stayed there from 2nd to 17th of June. Great property (nice suite), great club lounge, wonderful staff. I will come back!
We're headed there in a couple of weeks (Suite & adjoining room) with the whole family. Any update on the construction next door? How busy is the pool? Anything noticeably different at the lounge vs what is upthread? We're getting excited. Whats the best way to get from the airport? Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by davidsc111
We're headed there in a couple of weeks (Suite & adjoining room) with the whole family. Any update on the construction next door? How busy is the pool? Anything noticeably different at the lounge vs what is upthread? We're getting excited. Whats the best way to get from the airport? Thanks!
No construction noise at all.

Pool is not busy. Perhaps 40-50% of sun loungers are occupied.

There isn't a huge difference between what the Bali airport taxi mafia will try to charge and the 400k that the hotel quotes for a pick-up. It depends on how much you want to relax vs. deal with the masses of hawkers trying to get a lower price. (next time I'm just going to do a one-nighter at the Hilton Garden Inn at the airport and then sort out a regular taxi or Grab the next day...)

I was told on check-in that breakfast is only in the lounge. Since the lounge is far more relaxing and has everything I tend to eat for breakfast, I haven't pushed back. But it's a data point that might be useful to some...
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
You can easily book Golden Bird car service to the hotel directly, and I’d guess it will be substantially less than 400k. A few years ago I paid 250k or so, and I’ve seen them have some deals for certain credit cards.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
You can easily book Golden Bird car service to the hotel directly, and I’d guess it will be substantially less than 400k. A few years ago I paid 250k or so, and I’ve seen them have some deals for certain credit cards.
I ended up using Golden Bird myself. An initial quote of 300 something was quickly discounted to 250k when I started moving onwards... It simply comes down IMO to whether you prefer to pay $10 more to have somebody waiting for you or whether you don't mind dealing with the various hawkers shouting "taxi" at you. (especially if it's your first time in Bali)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.