Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by clublevel15
which building would you recommend? I asked for b3 because of the ocean view. How far away is the lounge? Thanks
Not having stayed at the other buildings, I can't comment. I did enjoy my stay in building three because it's remote and quiet. The lounge is probably 5-10 min walk. The longer walk is to the beach/pool/Italian restaurant (~12 min). As a youngish mobile adult, I actually enjoyed the walk.

A slight nuisance to consider is rain. The buildings aren't exactly covered, and depending on the direction of the rain, you might find yourself hunting for the most dry path. It only rained once during my week-long trip, though.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire
I just checked in last night and will be staying for 5 nights. The resort is beautiful and service is great so far. Italian restaurant for dinner last night was very good and prices are very affordable. Club lounge this morning is amazing.

Really looking forward to my next few days here.

Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tkelsay
I just checked in last night and will be staying for 5 nights. The resort is beautiful and service is great so far. Italian restaurant for dinner last night was very good and prices are very affordable. Club lounge this morning is amazing.

Really looking forward to my next few days here.

Glad to hear it I have a stay coming up.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I just checked in last night and will be staying for 5 nights. The resort is beautiful and service is great so far.
I haven't read much about construction noise lately. Have you heard any noise?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I haven't read much about construction noise lately. Have you heard any noise?
I haven’t heard anything. We’re even staying in the 3rd building which is supposed to be closest to the construction but again, haven’t heard anything here.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:59 pm

Does anyone know what the different between a family suite and a regency suite here? Are these suites connectable to standard room? If we have a big group, what is the best way to get them all ideally in the same building and same floor if we have multiple regency suites and one family suite reserved. Was thinking of converting a regency suite or family suite to a connecting room but need to get it with club access (which is included with the regency suites at not a big premium).
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:41 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:30 am
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold

I haven’t heard anything. We’re even staying in the 3rd building which is supposed to be closest to the construction but again, haven’t heard anything here.
Thanks. That's good to hear. Or should I say not hear? I hope that it is still quiet in a couple of weeks when I arrive.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by mster
Thanks for the lounge photos - they're extremely helpful!

Would it be possible to share a photo of the fruit spread in the lounge? And some photos of the restaurant breakfast as well (for comparison)?
Here’s a photo of the fruit spread from today’s breakfast. There’s pineapple, melon, passion fruit, papaya and oranges. It does change a bit from day to day.. yesterday they didn’t have melon but they had watermelon instead.

i haven’t made it over to the main restaurant breakfast yet but if I do I will snap some photos.

Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:50 pm

We did have some noise with the stray dogs howling on the beach last night... not too loud but somewhat annoying. We’re in the 3rd building closest to the beach. If you’re a light sleeper, I’d recommend the 2nd building, or the 3rd building but not beach side. My girlfriend slept through it all but I’m a light sleeper and it woke me up a couple times.

Last edited by tkelsay; Apr 1, 2019 at 7:12 pm
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver
Great stay

just a quick note before we head back, will post a full review when we are back home

Dog Poop
Didn’t see any dog poop when we were there
there are a LOT of stray dogs on the Sanur beach area so can’t do anything about it
They don’t seem to bother you though if you leave them alone

construction noise
none that we noticed at all
we were in the second building and actually did see the ocean in slivers from our room - but a lot of foliage as mentioned so it’s not exactly a sweeping vista

overall we had a great stay, it was a lovely jumping off point and now after moving down to Nusa Dua we actually realize how much harder it is to get anywhere from here - staff were without exception great

not the most happening area but there are many options around, ie a lunch Nasi Campur at Warung Kecil less than five minutes away which was very clean and tasty (for like three bucks to boot)

They were also very kid friendly, provided a crib and a stroller to borrow for the duration of our stay. All I can say is if one doesn’t like kids and are scared of them then one should probably book an adults only hotel, there are a lot of families on vacation here including my own and we (hopefully) kept reasonable control of them. A side note is they probably don’t have the most extravagant kids pool facilities so if that’s a priority then maybe consider a bigger resort. However it’s much closer than most hotels to the safari park, bird park, etc
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Having checked out a few days ago
Only negative for me was the loud French jazz that was played in the morning during breakfast and to a lesser extent between 5-6PM
At evening HH music changed at 6pm to live gamlin which was fine

I heard no construction noise, saw no dog pop,and only once heard dogs bark.

I was in building 3
Staff went out of there way to please.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something

Here’s a photo of the fruit spread from today’s breakfast. There’s pineapple, melon, passion fruit, papaya and oranges. It does change a bit from day to day.. yesterday they didn’t have melon but they had watermelon instead.

i haven’t made it over to the main restaurant breakfast yet but if I do I will snap some photos.

Ah, yummy Rambutan at the top.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
Does anyone know what the different between a family suite and a regency suite here? Are these suites connectable to standard room? If we have a big group, what is the best way to get them all ideally in the same building and same floor if we have multiple regency suites and one family suite reserved. Was thinking of converting a regency suite or family suite to a connecting room but need to get it with club access (which is included with the regency suites at not a big premium).
has anyone actually stayed in a family suite here and can give a little detail on it (compared to a regency)? I see lots of reviews of the regency suites but non on family suites.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver
Originally Posted by myperks

has anyone actually stayed in a family suite here and can give a little detail on it (compared to a regency)? I see lots of reviews of the regency suites but non on family suites.
We stayed in a family suite, top floor of the second building. It was plenty of room for us (family of four with a 1 and a 3 year old). You enter and there is a full bathroom with shower on the Left. Then comes a small table with two chairs, then the sitting area with a large (full size bed equivalent) daybed/sofa with coffee table and a huge TV. Not exactly expansive but more than adequate and nice to have some extra room.

Then on to the bedroom and between the two rooms there's a huge walk in closet where you can store your luggage - lot of space here, we really appreciated this feature. Then is the bedroom with good space - they provided a crib which tucked into the side of the bed area. The bathroom is quite large, with double vanities/toilet/shower/tub. Two balconies total. I don't know what we would have done with more space, it was more than enough for us.

Still haven't gotten around to uploading photos, sorry... if you have any specific questions happy to try to answer also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.