Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/in...ncy-bali/dpsbl
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Better make some plans for 2019 quickly, before somebody decides that this hotel shouldn't be Category 1 now that it's been renovated...
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Better make some plans for 2019 quickly, before somebody decides that this hotel shouldn't be Category 1 now that it's been renovated...
No kidding! Currently at 5,000 points/night or 2,500 plus $50 Cash & Points, this will be compelling for a lot of folks. I can't believe that will last very long.
Markie and lovtofly3 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I posted in the shared thread last week about the 7k club rooms here, too. The cash prices for a few dates I checked were higher than at the GH.

This was my favorite hotel in Bali before it closed. I hope the great staff they had here before is returning.
lovtofly3 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
How is the beach here? Is it swimmable? I've got a trip scheduled to Bali next summer and if the beach is nice I think this is too tempting to pass up...thx!
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davidsc111
How is the beach here? Is it swimmable? I've got a trip scheduled to Bali next summer and if the beach is nice I think this is too tempting to pass up...thx!
The beach is so-so. It is swimmable, as I recall, but not very picturesque. I recall there always being fisherman there.

I do enjoy the beach view. I also enjoy the neighborhood much more than the GH.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Any idea what is a standard suite at this location? None of the three categories state that. 8000 points for a suite is very appealing
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Did they completely tear down the old resort? Also, isn't this where someone got killed by a huge snake?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Also, isn't this where someone got killed by a huge snake?
This one?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:10 pm

FYI — was able to make points + cash reservation but couldn’t apply Club Award (from having Explorist status) at this point yet.

Quick question — any idea what the meal prices in hotel restaurants are going to be here? I know generally outside of the hotels meals are cheap by US standards but no clue how that translates to hotels. Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rusdude
FYI — was able to make points + cash reservation but couldn’t apply Club Award (from having Explorist status) at this point yet.

Quick question — any idea what the meal prices in hotel restaurants are going to be here? I know generally outside of the hotels meals are cheap by US standards but no clue how that translates to hotels. Thanks in advance!
Previously, this hotel offered most elite members a discount on F&B, 20% if I recall right. The hotel meals were pretty reasonable. Most plates $10 or under.

There are many outside restaurants. My favorite Italian restaurant in all of Indonesia, Massimo’s, is just down the road. Most meals there are under $15, including beverage, entree, dessert and tax/service. Pretty good gelato, too.
lovtofly3 and Rusdude like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Did they completely tear down the old resort? Also, isn't this where someone got killed by a huge snake?

No don"t think so

they left the shell of the old buildings

Grounds pretty much intact
Rusdude likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by lovtofly3
No don"t think so

they left the shell of the old buildings

Grounds pretty much intact
I’ve read about plans to build an Andaz next door (announced way back in 2014 and nothing since then).

Are there any signs of Andaz being built? Would suck to arrive at the Hyatt only to deal with construction noise nearby.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Rusdude
I booked award nights and tried to apply a Club Access Award . I knew that the T&Cs state "Club Access Awards are not redeemable when making a reservation at hotels or resorts that have not yet opened." However, I saw that they had Club rooms available for award nights, so I thought I would give it a try, but the agent could not process it. Keeping my fingers crossed that Club Access will be available for my nights once they are officially open.
Rusdude likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
Is the club access worth booking for extra 2k points per night? probably wont have status for upgrade at check in, so best to lock in now, right?

also, cancellation says "full prepay/cancel 4-7d one night room/cancel 0-3d all nights"
that means cancelling at least 7 days out would mean points back, right??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.