Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:28 pm

Hotel is blocking all club access awards so far. Claims lounge has occupancy limits. Perhaps need to wait until after the hotel opens to actually get any awards to stick.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You can't really compare the GH with a hotel that isn't even open yet. The HR could have all of the old staff from the prior incarnation, or it could be all new staff with the teething problems that entails.

The GH is somewhat maligned for being poorly located down at the south end of the island. But when I was there a couple of years ago the hard and soft product were certainly better than a $120 per night hotel IMO...
The GH regularly sells for ~$120 as well (in low season).
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olouie
Hotel is blocking all club access awards so far. Claims lounge has occupancy limits. Perhaps need to wait until after the hotel opens to actually get any awards to stick.
What awards? you can book RC room or a suite directly with points and IIRC for hyatts cert upgrades are never available until hotels opes
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:10 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:34 am
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mster
No hope of applying club access or tier suite upgrade awards at the new Bali HR for another month then?
Upgrades usually involve WoH contacting the hotel to confirm.

Hotel not operating --> no staff to call ---> no upgrades can be confirmed.

This may seem frustrating considering that you can pay full price for any room category, but it seems (IME at least) that the complimentary upgrades require some hotel involvement...
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Yes, you will have to wait until the hotel opens as per the terms & conditions of Club Access Awards which state:

Club Access Awards are not redeemable when making a reservation at hotels or resorts that have not yet opened. (A member making such a reservation will need to contact Hyatt after the applicable hotel or resort has opened (but before check-in for the underlying reservation) in order to determine whether (s)he may redeem a Club Lounge Access Award at that hotel or resort.)
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Yes, you will have to wait until the hotel opens as per the terms & conditions of Club Access Awards which state:

Club Access Awards are not redeemable when making a reservation at hotels or resorts that have not yet opened. (A member making such a reservation will need to contact Hyatt after the applicable hotel or resort has opened (but before check-in for the underlying reservation) in order to determine whether (s)he may redeem a Club Lounge Access Award at that hotel or resort.)
Yep just annoying that Hyatt doesn't know to tell people that. Instead they claim its due to occupancy limit of lounge, which causes confusion.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Yep just annoying that Hyatt doesn't know to tell people that. Instead they claim its due to occupancy limit of lounge, which causes confusion.
Miscommunication from Hyatt and inconvenience to use an issued award. What else is new?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
seems opening date has been brought up to december 20th. great opportunity for year's end redemptions
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Suites are not ready for 12/20 opening time and i am having very hard time communicating with an incompetent hotel reservation rep over accommodation for a family. Not a pleasant start...

edit: got things resolved after reaching out to higher up manager who was vety friendly and helpful - just another reminder that if you have anything requiring human intervention in that part of the world you need to reach out to someone empowered to do so...

Last edited by azepine00; Dec 11, 2018 at 10:00 am
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
seems opening date has been brought up to december 20th. great opportunity for year's end redemptions
Don't forget to check about the mandatory Christmas and NYE dinners that they always used to have (at totally insane prices that is).
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by azepine00
Suites are not ready for 12/20 opening time and i am having very hard time communicating with an incompetent hotel reservation rep over accommodation for a family. Not a pleasant start...
I can only imagine the "joy" if they opened on NYE.
Mauibaby2008 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Has anyone tried to use a Club Access Award now that they are open? I called and was told that none of my nights had availability.

Update: I called Hyatt again and the system still showed no availability. The agent put me on hold and called the hotel, and was advised that Club Access awards were not set up yet, but should be ready in a couple of days. I am supposed to get an email when it is ready to go, and I will post again when I get the news.

Update #2 : I received an email from the Reservation Manager of the Hyatt Regency Bali confirming that my Club Access award has been applied and also an email from Hyatt with the reservation change. Apparently they are now able to process Club Access awards.
italdesign likes this.

Last edited by Richard1148; Dec 21, 2018 at 8:25 am Reason: New info
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Has anyone tried to use a Club Access Award now that they are open? I called and was told that none of my nights had availability.
You probably could just show up and ask to apply it.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The GH is somewhat maligned for being poorly located down at the south end of the island. But when I was there a couple of years ago the hard and soft product were certainly better than a $120 per night hotel IMO...
I am assuming that you are not a fan of the Nusa Dua area generally speaking. I think lots of people actually like that area - several good choices such as St.Regis, Luxury Collection, Westin, Sofitel, in addition to GH. As you said GH has very competitive prices and at that price I was quite happy with the product so I do not think I would bother trying the Hyatt Regency, at least not unless I saw several glowing reviews of that property which would lead me to believe that HR>GH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.