Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aesch
I do look out for an exclusive/relaxing and upscale stay to end our trip. Do I understand correctly that the Andaz would be the better choice?
Andaz is neither exclusive nor upscale. You'll have to up the price point to achieve those criteria.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 3:05 am

Anyone know or suggest any superb restaurants near the hotel similar to quality and excellence as Honey and Smoke and Nusantara in ubud?
Old Apr 21, 2024, 5:30 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by antonius66
Anyone know or suggest any superb restaurants near the hotel similar to quality and excellence as Honey and Smoke and Nusantara in ubud?
A short walk from the hotel is Pescado. You won't be disappointed.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by UAuhoh
A short walk from the hotel is Pescado. You won't be disappointed.
Se hablan espanol?
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:06 pm

Nice hotel for the price but definitely a mass consumer tourism type place. Italian restaurant on property was very good. Spa prices were absurd especially given that a 10 minute walk or less gives you a half dozen places that charge 1/5th of the price. I never understand that kind of pricing...if you smash me on pricing, I just avoid you completely. Compared to the HR Yogya, where the spa and restaurants were very reasonable and that drew us to get 4 spa treatments, 1 room service meal, several drinks in lounge and lunch in restaurant over a 3 night stay. 80 USD for a 60 minute massage is insane in Bali even at a hotel. Room was a family suite with dsu and was fine. Staff are friendly and breakfast in lounge was far superior to the restaurant (which was allowed as glob. I asked at check in after reading online and they said it was absolutely possible as an option). Did restaurant first day and while it had a slightly bigger selection than the club, it was overrun with your typical selection of the same tourists all acting like they've never seen food before. Club was far less crowded but still filled with the same types, just in smaller amounts. Food was good and had a couple hot stations to order and other items. No complaints and you can make a good breakfast and a solid dinner at the club, plus plenty of free cheap booze at the cocktail happy hour, as many of the bottom feeder "of my god free cheap wine!" types here will attest to. Overall a solid enough choice and several places to eat etc nearby. Beach was not exactly great though and had a dead pig washed up on shore one morning (the entire staff seemed to come and take a look so it just have been just as strange to them as it was to us).
Old Jun 21, 2024, 11:19 am

No availability for August point redemptions

August seemed “block out “ at all properties.
i am Looking about 10-12 days starting around August 11 ish

I can understand 1 property or even two properties.

But the whole market?
Old Jun 21, 2024, 12:16 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Spoiler

High tourist season with European School holidays

And also IACCP:
https://www.iaccp.org/inspire_events...p-conferences/

And also Hospital management
https://www.hospitalmanagementasia.com/hma-2024/

And Elsa
https://elsa2024.com/at-glance/

Indonesian Independence day is 17 August.
Domestic + International visitors together =
So could be a reason why August 2024 awards are drying up,

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 21, 2024 at 12:35 pm
Old Jun 21, 2024, 10:40 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by writetorich
August seemed “block out “ at all properties.
i am Looking about 10-12 days starting around August 11 ish

I can understand 1 property or even two properties.

But the whole market?
Definitely late to the game, especially expecting to use points. Aug is peak holiday season as HadesNL mentioned already. I booked my my Aug stay many, many months ago. Surely you'll be able to find a hotel still, but cash prices may be a bit on the higher side.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Why the hotel has $80 massages

I think most of the hotel spa and massage businesses are there to take advantage of wealthy country customers. They know that when they charge $80 a session they will get 20 customers per day. They can then upsell another 20 services to these same customers. If they priced them at $20 a session, they would probably only get 40 customers per day, and have much less success at upselling. They would also need more staff, and since tips are often based on the final bill, the staff will make much less in tips.

20 x $80=$1600. Plus 20 add on services, 20 x $50=$1000. Tips/svc charge, $2600 x .20=$540. 3 therapists working. $180 in tips per therapist.

40 x $20=$800. Plus 10 add on services, 10 x $20=$200. Tips/svc charge, $1000 x .20=$200. 5 or 6 therapists working. $30-40 in tips per therapist.

The value shopper type customer will still go down the street to pay $8 or $10 an hour. By pricing themselves higher, the hotel makes itself seem more exclusive. They need less staff, and make a much higher profit. A staff member would rather do 6-7 massages a day, and make big tips, than be run ragged all day for $2-5 tips per massage.

The wealthy visitors, ooh and aww, about how it’s only $80, so much cheaper than the $200 or $250 it costs in Sydney. Likely the Balinese massage is better, too.

Myself, I have gone to the cheaper places when I first came to Bali over 20 years ago. Nothing wrong with them, but perhaps humble massage rooms, and tired ladies. For the last 15 years, I usually call a service that has very professional staff. Many hotels will allow them to come to the hotel, but the security staff always seems to request a “tip” of at least 50k.

In my home city of Bandung, I’ve had the same nice lady giving me 2 hour deep muscle massages for over a decade. Costs $13 USD, including tip.
Old Jul 1, 2024, 2:28 am

Programs: I like them all
cold plunge in men’s area is currently under renovation..

Old Jul 14, 2024, 1:58 am

Anyone staying at HR. If you get bored by breakfast you can walk-in to Andaz. Is around ~350k + tax (847k for 2). Highly recommend. Is a-la-carte buffet. There is a link on website to make the booking (email booking they reject). HR - I remember the breakfast had sourdough slice bread with avocado (guacamole) or chickpeas. This has disappeared. But they did provide it upon asking. It's an off menu item. When I asked about salmon, the reply was there is "no demand". Lounge serves cocktails.

There is a new sea turtle pavilion that I haven't seen 1-2 years ago.

I had issues to make a continuous booking on points. So I did 2 individual bookings (july, low peak, same king room) and threw guest of honor certificate (as an explorist). I asked helpdesk to merge the booking - unable but they left a note for hotel. I emailed hotel about it as well and they acknowledged it. When I arrived - they only seen individual bookings and asked me to move on second day (first night premium room on the lowest floor, second night just twin view). Had to solve it with manager on duty as this was clearly their fault.

Late checkout only 1PM (resort). But they can move to lower category room. (need to ask for it).

The rooms have beens reclassified:
- family suite is the standard suite (same room size as premium suites, premium suites only have bigger balcony).
- premium rooms all located on lowest floor as they have access to garden. I recommend to ask building 3, front ocean view ~3127.
- there is no way of booking front view ocean room (throughout my stay I faced this issue a lot - "generator of satisfying words without directly saying" cannot do etc.). Mind there is a garden but still can hear ocean.

The new shopping mall in Sanur creates jam.

Resort activities: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HyV...7Rfyf2S6X/view
https://linktr.ee/HyattRegencyBali_
https://linktr.ee/fishermansclub
https://linktr.ee/hyattsanurdining

Andaz Breakfast: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lId...a2VcE8pNN/view
Andaz Breakfast pics: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10sC...ew?usp=sharing

https://hyatt.uniguest.com/DPSBLHRwe...e_hyattregency
bjk497 likes this.

Last edited by xhruso00; Jul 14, 2024 at 3:11 am
Old Jul 14, 2024, 4:31 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thank you for this updated info and tip!
Wanted to like tremendously .... but i cant anymore on this thread .... so *like*.
It is always interesting if people share insitu menu/activities/pricing so we can plan ahead to prepare and gain an insight in cost vs opportunity vs satisfaction.
Old Jul 14, 2024, 11:31 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by xhruso00
The rooms have beens reclassified:
- family suite is the standard suite (same room size as premium suites, premium suites only have bigger balcony).
This has already been the case for about 1 year now as reported in post #370 in this thread.

What I noticed now is that of late, they seem to categorize more nights as peak vs. standard or low. Especially for next year, say in Jul 25, many more nights are peak rates now while previously it was more Sun-Thu standard and Thu-Sun peak. That adds another 1.5k to some nights. YMMV.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.