Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
IMHO the GH beach is still the nicest hotel beach next to the Ritz Carlton with the best tide allowing for both swimming and surfing.
Going a bit OT, but I stayed at GH and can't find the beach that pleasing personally. I would still prefer the grounds and beach at the IC in Jimbaran though it has other issues aside from that. YMMV.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Staying here now and was upgraded to a suite as a Globalist with an "ocean view" (see posts upthread about what constitutes as ocean view). Main bathroom toilet had some bad sewage smell that we didn't really notice until a few hours after check in. We let it be, thinking it would be manageable just by keeping the door closed and using the living room bathroom. However, later towards the night it got worse, and starting stinking up the bathroom and the bedroom.

Next morning we told the front desk about the issue on our way out. When we got back, we were told engineering had fixed an issue with a pipe. We went back to the room and it still smelt bad. I called again and they sent up someone from engineering. He took a look and indicated that they had fixed some pipe and put some sealant around the toilet earlier in the morning and that is what the smell was (I don't think it was because it was the same smell). He said it would take a few hours for the sealant to fully dry and the smell to go away.

Came back another 2-3 hours later, and the smell was worse again. Guest services wanted to send the engineer up again, but I just demanded to switch to another room. Switched to another suite in the Hibiscus building (closer to the pool and lobby, so actually preferred). Suite was one with a larger balcony, like the pictures posted earlier. Thinking about speaking with a manager to ensure they actually look at the smell issue in that room instead of brushing it off.

Lots of pools and chairs available on the grounds as well as a bank currency exchange if you're concerned about the legitimacy of the street exchangers. Haven't seen any issues with stray dogs or poop lying around. Ground crew always seem to be tending to the ponds, trimming trees, or mopping floors. Also haven't heard any construction noise from next door.

Overall, a pleasant stay so far, despite the room issue. Expect insects in the room (spiders/ants), but that is standard for a region such as Bali. Good value for 5k points but not quite top tier. Room decor looks a bit rushed with paint marks all over the place and wooden furniture looks and feels a bit cheap

PS: I did see a frog/toad in one of the ponds, and a few fish

Last edited by awu25; Feb 21, 2019 at 4:04 am
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:19 pm

Wanted to give the property a try before the cat change, as I’ve never been to Bali, but flights from the east coast are a challenge at best. Qatar is only two flights, but requires a nine hour layover in Doha both directions. Adding in an additional connection on other airlines doesn’t bode much better.

Rather disappointed, but may scrap the trip.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TTT103
Wanted to give the property a try before the cat change, as I’ve never been to Bali, but flights from the east coast are a challenge at best. Qatar is only two flights, but requires a nine hour layover in Doha both directions. Adding in an additional connection on other airlines doesn’t bode much better.

Rather disappointed, but may scrap the trip.
Try Korean Air. It would be one transfer at ICN only.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TTT103
I'm not sure where on the East coast you are from, but there was a recent blog post about getting to Bali with one stop that may help. See this: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/bali-...nts-and-miles/
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:15 pm

Aventine and Richard, I appreciate the insight. Korean Air may be an option, but requires three segments. I’m not even trying to use miles on this trip, but am still not having much success. I haven’t entirely given up yet.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Flying IAD HKG DPS CX J / 50K AS miles for my stay in the next few weeks, pretty easy
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:40 pm

Can somebody comment on the quality of the lounge ? Especially evening food and drinks- how is the alcohol? I stayed at Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta, and you would order alcoholic drinks with the host. Is it the same here and how about the quality of the food?

thanks a lot ! My stay is next week!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Enjoy your stay.If you don't mind report back on the construction noise situation. Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:51 am

Which regency suite location

Hi

I’ve been told there is no regency suites on the top floor (4) only level 2/3 is this correct? are all the regency suites facing the ocean or are there some facing the internal courtyard,

Also which building do you recommend to stay in frangipani in the middle I’m thinking away from andaz noise and also away from main restaurant etc thanks
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Can somebody comment on the quality of the lounge ? Especially evening food and drinks- how is the alcohol? I stayed at Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta, and you would order alcoholic drinks with the host. Is it the same here and how about the quality of the food?

thanks a lot ! My stay is next week!
For breakfast, they have a two make to order stations (noodles and eggs) and then 4 hot options (I believe 2 veg and 2 non-veg options). 3-4 different juices available and an array of meats, cheeses, breads, etc.
Dinner is similar in that it has 4 hot options (again 2 veg and 2 non-veg). Desserts are stored in the fridge and alcohol is pretty much open bar. Staff will either make you a drink or you can do self service.

Originally Posted by sambo150
Hi

I’ve been told there is no regency suites on the top floor (4) only level 2/3 is this correct? are all the regency suites facing the ocean or are there some facing the internal courtyard,

Also which building do you recommend to stay in frangipani in the middle I’m thinking away from andaz noise and also away from main restaurant etc thanks
I was given a smaller suite on the top floor initially. The room size itself is identical to the regency suite but does not have the large balcony. I was then moved to a Regency suite on the 3rd floor so what you were told made be true. Wife and I enjoyed Hibiscus better just because it was closer to everything. If you are in the room during the afternoon, you will hear the xylophone music from the lobby. No noise complaints from Frangipani but we weren't in the room much
sambo150 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by awu25
For breakfast, they have a two make to order stations (noodles and eggs) and then 4 hot options (I believe 2 veg and 2 non-veg options). 3-4 different juices available and an array of meats, cheeses, breads, etc.
Dinner is similar in that it has 4 hot options (again 2 veg and 2 non-veg). Desserts are stored in the fridge and alcohol is pretty much open bar. Staff will either make you a drink or you can do self service.

I was given a smaller suite on the top floor initially. The room size itself is identical to the regency suite but does not have the large balcony. I was then moved to a Regency suite on the 3rd floor so what you were told made be true. Wife and I enjoyed Hibiscus better just because it was closer to everything. If you are in the room during the afternoon, you will hear the xylophone music from the lobby. No noise complaints from Frangipani but we weren't in the room much
Thanks for that I was worried the restaurant roof would
block our view on level 2 or 3 in regency suite Hibiscus did you notice that at all?

Thanks again
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by sambo150

Thanks for that I was worried the restaurant roof would
block our view on level 2 or 3 in regency suite Hibiscus did you notice that at all?

Thanks again
Yes, your view is basically a large roof, but honestly, we weren't getting much with the "ocean" view in Frangipani from the 4th floor. Just a bunch of trees and a little glimpse of the ocean.
If you can tolerate the heat and are looking to utilize the balcony, the Regency suite is infinitely better (probably 4-5x bigger in terms of balcony space). I've attached pictures of the balcony from 4th floor Frangipani family suite. Sorry for the bad quality, actually took screenshots from the video I took of the suite.

Balcony from living room

Balcony from bedroom
sambo150 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:22 pm

If anybody is interested, Nyepi is Balinese New Year, which falls on March 7 this year. My check in date is March 6 so, this will either be a good thing or annoying lol see below email. I think it will be a cool experience, I love when my travels accidentally fall on holidays!

Warm greetings from Hyatt Resorts Bali!

We are delighted to inform you that Bali will be celebrating what is known as Nyepi, the “ Day of Total Silence” on March 07, 2019.

Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport will be officially closed for all domestic and international routes, except for transit.

However, any overflying flights and emergency landing including medical evacuation will still be permitted. For technical landings, all crew and passengers are restricted to stay within the area of the airport.

Nyepi is Balinese New Year and falls every year on the month of March or April.

This year falls on March 07, 2019, which in the Balinese calender is Isaka Year 1941. On this special day, the Balinese Hindu are requested to perform catur Brata Penyepian (Four Ascetic Practices) consisting of the following :

1. Amati Geni : forbidden to light any fire/lamp which is both symbolic

of mental and physical obstacles.

2. Amati Karya : forbidden to work or do any physical activities,

a pre-conditional to meditation.

3. Amati Lelungan : forbidden to go out of the house compound, it is advised

to stay in and concentrate the mind/meditate

4. Amati Lalanguan : forbidden to hold any entertainment, so that the mind

can stay focused on purifying the mind and soul.

However normal hotel services will be operational on this day with the exception of music and entertainment. We encourage you to reschedule your particular trip either before or after 7 March 2019.

Please feel free to contact us if we can be of any further assistance and We look forward to welcoming you to our resort.

Thank you and best regards,

Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

If anybody is interested, Nyepi is Balinese New Year, which falls on March 7 this year. My check in date is March 6 so, this will either be a good thing or annoying lol see below email. I think it will be a cool experience, I love when my travels accidentally fall on holidays!

Warm greetings from Hyatt Resorts Bali!

We are delighted to inform you that Bali will be celebrating what is known as Nyepi, the “ Day of Total Silence” on March 07, 2019.

Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport will be officially closed for all domestic and international routes, except for transit.

However, any overflying flights and emergency landing including medical evacuation will still be permitted. For technical landings, all crew and passengers are restricted to stay within the area of the airport.

Nyepi is Balinese New Year and falls every year on the month of March or April.

This year falls on March 07, 2019, which in the Balinese calender is Isaka Year 1941. On this special day, the Balinese Hindu are requested to perform catur Brata Penyepian (Four Ascetic Practices) consisting of the following :

1. Amati Geni : forbidden to light any fire/lamp which is both symbolic

of mental and physical obstacles.

2. Amati Karya : forbidden to work or do any physical activities,

a pre-conditional to meditation.

3. Amati Lelungan : forbidden to go out of the house compound, it is advised

to stay in and concentrate the mind/meditate

4. Amati Lalanguan : forbidden to hold any entertainment, so that the mind

can stay focused on purifying the mind and soul.

However normal hotel services will be operational on this day with the exception of music and entertainment. We encourage you to reschedule your particular trip either before or after 7 March 2019.

Please feel free to contact us if we can be of any further assistance and We look forward to welcoming you to our resort.

Thank you and best regards,

One of my tour guides had mentioned this. He said it's a cool experience for tourists but then proceeded to explain how everyone stays in doors and everything will be closed. Hotel staff have to stay at the hotel for the whole day but are given hotel rooms and then another two days off after the holiday. Actually sounds very inconvenient as a tourist and I'm not surprised they're telling you to rebook. You'll probably have to be confined to the hotel grounds for the day and enjoy the pool/gym/spa/restaurants.
Mauibaby2008 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.