Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for all the info / feedback. So if one wanted to try for a quite(ish) room location (Regency Suite), any thoughts on best building to ask for?

Hibiscus or Frangipani building facing towards the waterfront (don't care if I can see the ocean)?

Will look at alternatives too. We have some business mtgs and need to be closer towards Ubud / Gianyar area so our usual IC Bali is a bit painful traffic wise. Nusa Dua with GH would be even worse and Ubud taxi / Grab situation is atrocious.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The workers start at 8:30am (at least that's what I was told). In the evening throughout the cocktail hour it's CRAZY throughout..
Thanks. I should be gone before they start in the morning. If it's still crazy in the evening when I am there in April, maybe I will bring my noise canceling headphones to the Regency Club.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Thanks. I should be gone before they start in the morning. If it's still crazy in the evening when I am there in April, maybe I will bring my noise canceling headphones to the Regency Club.
Funny enough that's exactly what the guy on the table next to me did.

As I said the Regency Club and evening spread is very nice but the construction noise paired with the horrible music is a blow.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:32 pm

Hi did they offer you a suite at there GH? or standard room

thanks

Sam
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sambo150
Hi did they offer you a suite at there GH? or standard room

thanks

Sam
I was on a suite upgrade for 7 nights at HR so they offered me a suite at GH as well.

That being said I always have the same suite here in the South Village (away from the craziness - I don't mind the walk).
sambo150 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
As promised some pictures of an Ocean View Regency Suite in Building 3 (Bougainvillea).
Thanks for the pictures and describing some of the issues. The bathroom looks great! Did they install Japanese toilet seats?
The patio, I remember, was a great place to hang swimsuits. Between mosquitoes and now the noise, it's probably not a place to hang out.
The stray dog/poop situation should be addressed by management.

Hyatt describes Regency Suite as "...overlooking spectacular ocean and lush garden landscape". So technically they did not say it's ocean view. Good word choices.

I don't see any updates on the Andaz next door. This probably means we should expect the construction to be ongoing for at least a year or two given this is Bali and how long it took this hotel to finally reopen. So I would go with the anticipation of hearing some construction noise. For the least noise, it looks like it's best to request a room/suite in the ocean facing or south sides.

Anyone know if the walking path behind the hotel buildings leading to the 2nd entrance to the main road open/usable?
Also, is the hotel offering its own airport shuttle service? I remember the service was great and reasonable.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Category Change

It's official. The hotel is moving up from Category 1 to Category 2 effective 3/18. Book now if you plan to use points!
My upcoming Regency Suite booking for 7 nights is 56,000 points (8,000 per night). It would be 104,000 points (13,000 per night) after 3/18. That's a lot of additional (Chase Ultimate) points!
sambo150 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yoonny
Thanks for the pictures and describing some of the issues. The bathroom looks great! Did they install Japanese toilet seats?
The patio, I remember, was a great place to hang swimsuits. Between mosquitoes and now the noise, it's probably not a place to hang out.
The stray dog/poop situation should be addressed by management.

Hyatt describes Regency Suite as "...overlooking spectacular ocean and lush garden landscape". So technically they did not say it's ocean view. Good word choices.

I don't see any updates on the Andaz next door. This probably means we should expect the construction to be ongoing for at least a year or two given this is Bali and how long it took this hotel to finally reopen. So I would go with the anticipation of hearing some construction noise. For the least noise, it looks like it's best to request a room/suite in the ocean facing or south sides.

Anyone know if the walking path behind the hotel buildings leading to the 2nd entrance to the main road open/usable?
Also, is the hotel offering its own airport shuttle service? I remember the service was great and reasonable.
No TOTO toilets in the washrooms. Can't remember any Bali hotel having those including the villas at W so would definitely not expect them at a HR.

The hotel offers airport transfer service for 400,000 IDR even though it says US$20 at the e-concierge. The car that was waiting for me (Innova Van) was boiling hot and pretty far away. Considering that I'd probably go with GRAB again next time.

With the category changes to Cat 2 and the alignment of GH Bali to Cat 2 at the same time I can honestly not see any reason to stay at the Regency unless you want to lock in a reservation under Cat 1 for the future. And even then the 3k difference are probably well worth to be invested for the Grand Hyatt.
tjae and sambo150 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif

Ultimately I think the major attraction at this point in time is the Category 1 award pricing on the HR that with 95% certainty will be adjusted upwards at the next annual change. If we're lucky the GH will drop down to 2...
Now about those lottery numbers...
skywalkerLAX and solewalker like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With the category changes to Cat 2 and the alignment of GH Bali to Cat 2 at the same time I can honestly not see any reason to stay at the Regency unless you want to lock in a reservation under Cat 1 for the future. And even then the 3k difference are probably well worth to be invested for the Grand Hyatt.
8k is aligned with or better than what other chains charge - marriott mid range full service are all 25-35k, ic is 40 iirc...

Wrt hr vs gh - traveling to bali to stay in nusa dua is a waste of vacation time but ymmv...
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Booked for this weekend!
Any idea for transportation from DPS to HR Bali? Someone suggested Klook which cost about IDR150k
Has anyone rented a scooter?
Any restaurants/pub/beach recommendations?

Lastly, heading to Canggu after 5 days in Sanur. Any suggestions where to stay?
If there is a really good hostel, I don't mind....
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ws8n
Booked for this weekend!
Any idea for transportation from DPS to HR Bali? Someone suggested Klook which cost about IDR150k

Lastly, heading to Canggu after 5 days in Sanur. Any suggestions where to stay?
If there is a really good hostel, I don't mind....
Most hotels use Goldenbird for transport. You can book them directly, for less than the hotel. Maybe 250-300k.

Otherwise, Grab has a meeting place for pickups. The airport taxis are a big rip off.

We’ve always liked Massimo’s Italian quite a bit. Good gelato, pizza, and a huge menu.
ws8n likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
8k is aligned with or better than what other chains charge - marriott mid range full service are all 25-35k, ic is 40 iirc...

Wrt hr vs gh - traveling to bali to stay in nusa dua is a waste of vacation time but ymmv...
Honestly I don't give a damn about Sanur vs Nusa Dua because I usually stay on property or have a driver / use Grab to go to nicer places rather than walking along local roads. IMHO the GH beach is still the nicest hotel beach next to the Ritz Carlton with the best tide allowing for both swimming and surfing.

I found new love for the "private" Grand Club Pool this time which was really relaxing.

Agree with the comparison to other properties even though I hate the beach at all of the ones in the mid tier section.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ws8n
Booked for this weekend!
Book the transfer through e-concierge at $20 and if they charge you 400k just show the price per confirmation email (take a screenshot).
ws8n and sambo150 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by azepine00

Some people on their 10th trip to Bali might consider it a waste of vacation time to wander around Ubud or the temples for the 10th time.

I think we're all just thrilled to have more options on Bali, especially when the 2Roads and SLH hotels come fully online. No need to be judgmental about which is "a waste".
skywalkerLAX, CIT85 and sambo150 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.