Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Haven’t others written that the suites won’t be ready until March?
See the other posts above. Suites are available when calling in, they are just loaded in the general inventory from March onward.

Did the usual HUCA and talked to a supervisor who called the hotel and figured out that until then suites are only bookable when coordinating with in house reservations. When I called it was 7pm in Bali and apparently their reservations teams only work 9am-4:30pm.

Update: After investing almost 3 hours into this the hotel finally got back to me giving me the all clear for "any date in February" which I then reserved and the hotel coordinates the upgrade through the Global Service Center. Not impressed with the efficiency of this place but they were never known for that (I stayed at the ex Bali Hyatt ~ 160 nights).

The new management appears to be good though. F&B Manager comes from PH BKK and the EAM used to work at Andaz SD/LAX and PH SGN. They urgently need to whip the local staff into shape.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Jan 19, 2019 at 2:50 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Aventine
Could be high season and inventory is gone?
Nah it ain't high season at the moment. Quite the opposite.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond
GM email is [email protected]
Got a prompt reply and upgraded to a suite next week
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Called Hyatt and the agent wasn't able to see anything. Basically the entire month of January or February. Either the agent didn't know how to search or the hotel has hidden inventory somehow.
My stay is in May so that is likely why I didn't have issues when calling. Regency Suites for cash showed fine, but of course for points nothing was shown yet hence the need to call Hyatt Global Reservations. YMMV.

Glad it worked out in the end.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:04 pm

I can confirm that suites are available on points in April. I have just booked a Regency Suite with club access etc etc for 8k/night. Great deal.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Considering booking 2 rooms there for a family of 5 (2A, 3 teens)
Recommended room types?

Thinking to use points to get Regency Suites (great deal)
Are Regency Suites spread out, or would there be two adjacent?
If not, what room types are adjacent to a Regency Suite?

Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
TSUs confirmed for June into Regency Suite.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Can someone help compare this property to Grand Hyatt Bali? Currently have a cash booking in July at the GH with a TSU applied; does this property offer anything better or different that would make it a better stay (beside being very cheap on points)?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Can someone help compare this property to Grand Hyatt Bali? Currently have a cash booking in July at the GH with a TSU applied; does this property offer anything better or different that would make it a better stay (beside being very cheap on points)?
sanur is by far more interesting as destination than generic and isolated nusa dua.. the latter may be appealing to folks who live for example in some metropolitan asian cities but i would never never travel that far to stay in resort isolation that is near identical to what i can easily find near my LA home... ymmv of course
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Originally Posted by azepine00
sanur is by far more interesting as destination than generic and isolated nusa dua.. the latter may be appealing to folks who live for example in some metropolitan asian cities but i would never never travel that far to stay in resort isolation that is near identical to what i can easily find near my LA home... ymmv of course
Some people want to be relatively isolated. And a newer hotel is usually going to have a better hard product.

Ultimately I think the major attraction at this point in time is the Category 1 award pricing on the HR that with 95% certainty will be adjusted upwards at the next annual change. If we're lucky the GH will drop down to 2...
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Why you expect GH might drop down to 2?
If I compare e.g. with HR Hua Hin or HR Phuket (both 4), I rate GH better than the mentioned...
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tjae
Why you expect GH might drop down to 2?
If I compare e.g. with HR Hua Hin or HR Phuket (both 4), I rate GH better than the mentioned...
Because award categories run off of average rates for the most part, and have very little to do with the actual quality of the hotel. (a crappy HP somewhere expensive is always a higher award category than a PH somewhere cheap)

Since the GH is now cheaper than the HR, at least for the dates I've been checking, it should be the same category or lower than the HR. Perhaps the HR will jump all the way to 3 and the GH will stay there. There are also a whole bunch of 2 Roads hotels in Bali coming soon. All speculation other than to say that a Cat 1 on Bali is unlikely to continue for long...

P.S. Phuket is now a Cat 3...
tjae likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Tokyoite

P.S. Phuket is now a Cat 3...
Is that up or down?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Both Hyatt’s in Bali are owned by the same company. I’m sure they’re starting out Cat1, to get the hotel back in the swing of things.

Anytime a new property opens, the prices tend to be a bit high. I’d bet the GH stays the same category, and if occupancy rates are good, the HRB will move up a category.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Both Hyatt’s in Bali are owned by the same company. I’m sure they’re starting out Cat1, to get the hotel back in the swing of things.
It's starting as 1 because the old, decrepit Hyatt (before shutting down for renovations) was a 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.