Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
As promised some pictures of an Ocean View Regency Suite in Building 3 (Bougainvillea). Originally I was put in Building 1 towards the back but asked for a change as I'm not flying all the way here to look into some back alley. Keep that in mind - you mind end up with a rather nasty location of your suite (same problem as Grand Hyatt Bali). Best to let the hotel know in advance about your preference to have a decent ocean view and see what's possible.

As one of you mentioned below I don't think any of the rooms or suites here offers a ‘spectacular ocean view' as described in the room description especially those of the Regency Suite. The room doesn't have an actual stocked mini bar which (at least for myself) is annoying. There is an empty fridge which you can use but the only thing in there is the free bottled water. It's not a problem to take a can of soda or a small bottle of sparkling water (ONE) from the club but don't overdo it.

I have also included the map of the hotel below. Currently it runs 70% occupancy of 270 opened rooms which is small for Bali (especially compared to the GH).

The pool area is decent and spacious with ample options for chair shopping in case of noisy guests. Even though there are plenty of chairs on the beach itself as well I find that to be the weakest link of this hotel. There is plenty of foot traffic via the public walkway right behind the chairs. Relatively narrow water and overall low tide compared to Nusa Dua. As far as the beach and sand goes GH would be the clear winner here.

The new club lounge is HUGE and the spread generous with four hot dishes each evening (Usually 2x Meat, 2x Vegetarian). Fridges full with cheese, cold cut, salads and desserts are available and well stocked. The hotel has excellent cakes every day and I assume this is the influence of the Swiss Executive Chef. What I especially like: You can self serve yourself on drinks unlike the GH where it takes forever to hail down service and get a beverage. At the moment the construction noise from the Andaz is extremely annoying at the Club Lounge. They also play a weird mix of western music instead of having the Balinese music from the xylophone.

The ponds at the Club doesn't have any fishes right now (in fact none of the ponds an the entire hotel has a single fish at this present time. Didn't see one of the monitor lizards either. There are however plenty of stray dogs in the hotel itself including at the Club Lounge and the courtyards. I know it's Bali and there are sometimes dogs at the beaches but on the hotel grounds itself? Big NO GO IMHO! There are also dog feces all over the place and that's totally disgusting. Saw three dog turds on the public grass areas already plus one by the pool.

I noted the construction noise. It can be loud and annoying in the back where the club lounge is as well as the buildings that include guest rooms.The only way to escape this is probably forward facing rooms of block 1&2.

Went to the Pizza Ria by the beach today for lunch and was disappointed. Pizza here used to be good but now it has transformed into a stone hard frisbee. I'll try the main restaurant this week as well.

Resort itself is quiet at the moment (Early Feb 2018) despite the busy Chinese New Year season. I was expecting the worst but it's not all that bad though those guests of 'the usual demographic displays abhorrent behavior. Don't be afraid to put them in their place regarding screaming, littering and misbehaving of their children.

Resume: At Cat 1 - 5k Hyatt points - (or respective Suite pricing/upgrades) per night an absolute no brainer - try it. If you were to pay cash then no. The price at the GH or other hotels is on the same level and as long as the construction is ongoing I think there is no reason to pay retail here. Also if you want Ocean View or a nice beach then pass as well because you won't get that here.

Will edit this with a more detailed review after my stay or continuously throughout.

Living Room

Bedroom

Suite Terrace (Couch)

Bathroom Double Sink

Bathroom (Tub)

Regency Suite Foyer

Walkway

Garden

Beach with Sunbeds

HR Bali Map

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Feb 6, 2019 at 11:19 am Reason: Review Edit
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:29 am

hello, isn't the room next to the construction site (Andaz) noisy because of construction noise?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by clublevel15
hello, isn't the room next to the construction site (Andaz) noisy because of construction noise?
Right now it's not too bad. Yesterday there was some drilling going on however that was inside this building not next door at Andaz. The patio is redundant due to the construction - yes!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Thanks for the pics Skywalker. I’m a bit confused though since the King Suite description on their website describes the suite as having ‘living and dining area overlooking spectacular ocean and lush garden landscape.’ Your pics and description don’t appear to show any such ‘spectacular ocean’ view. We shouldn’t have to ask to be moved to a better room that we already booked. This is really poor.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gold_Member
Thanks for the pics Skywalker. I’m a bit confused though since the King Suite description on their website describes the suite as having ‘living and dining area overlooking spectacular ocean and lush garden landscape.’ Your pics and description don’t appear to show any such ‘spectacular ocean’ view. We shouldn’t have to ask to be moved to a better room that we already booked. This is really poor.
I haven't seen the description but I find it hard to believe that ANY suite here has a ‘spectacular ocean view' as the architecture of the building and the thick vegetation prevents that. Mine is the one closest to the beach and you can hardly see it (3rd floor). If you want ocean view then maybe the GH is a better pick for you. Again, email the hotel and tell them that is what you want otherwise you end up with a garden view.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gold_Member
Wouldn't be the first hotel room description to take liberties with the truth.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:43 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I don't think you'll find a "spectacular ocean view" here. Three quarters of rooms face away from the ocean, and those that face the right direction have significant obstructions (the "spectacular ... lush garden landscape" referred to in the description). The Frangipani building had a handful of rooms with relatively unobstructed ocean views (see pic below of the view from our patio), Hibiscus had practically none, and Bougainvillea wasn't open when we stayed. I've also attached a picture of the lush garden landscape as seen from the beach walkway -- you'll notice that the Hibiscus building is barely visible, and consequently there can't be more than small slivers of ocean visible from the building. To be fair, this is an issue at most Bali hotels -- IC/Conrad/Westin/GH have only a handful of ocean facing rooms (and FWIW none of our suites at the GH were anywhere near the ocean).

"Lush garden landscape" as seen from beach walkway

"Spectacular ocean view" from premier whatever room
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The construction noise at the club and garden is totally insane. I'll cancel the last three days of my stay and move to another hotel. This has nothing to do with relaxation and to not put a construction notice on the website is borderline criminal.

Don't waste your time and points here for the foreseeable future if you're looking to relax.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:26 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:32 am
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The construction noise at the club and garden is totally insane. I'll cancel the last three days of my stay and move to another hotel. This has nothing to do with relaxation and to not put a construction notice on the website is borderline criminal.

Don't waste your time and points here for the foreseeable future if you're looking to relax.
Did they offer any sort of service recovery for the noise?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sorry to hear about the noise. Concerning for sure.

Is it coming from next door (Andaz)? Did it happen during certain periods of time or all day from early morning to late evening? No notice even in the room?

They should definitely compensate you and post info on the website though for the latter I'm not holding my breath. Sadly. I have a stay in May and will look at reports here plus arrange for a backup.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
Did they offer any sort of service recovery for the noise?
I was moved to the GH apparently (as per Hyatt US Hotline) without extra charge. Reservation was a bit like a clusterf... and couldn't even get internet to work because somehow the guest name wasn't properly in the system. It's the same owner so I guess they can balance it somehow but still...

Didn't ask for actual compensation just told them refund and if applicable price differential between the new and old hotel.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
Sorry to hear about the noise. Concerning for sure.

Is it coming from next door (Andaz)? Did it happen during certain periods of time or all day from early morning to late evening? No notice even in the room?

They should definitely compensate you and post info on the website though for the latter I'm not holding my breath. Sadly. I have a stay in May and will look at reports here plus arrange for a backup.
It's definitely coming from Andaz, the renovation of the little hut next to the temple and some facility behind the club where the mini golf / volleyball used to be. It's crazy during both breakfast and evening cocktail hour. Definitely nothing on the website about this and I didn't look in the room. Just wanted to get out of there.

Ok nice it's cheap but I'm not flying to Bali to save money until the last penny. You can stay pretty comfortable for well under $100 a night and even half that if you forego brand hotels. No need to suffer through a week of jackhammering just because it's a cheap Hyatt stay at 5k.

Hard to say when this will improve. I was firm but friendly about it and told them I'd contact the hotel some point in the future to see if the noise and construction has ceased. Then again being at the GH now the difference in beach is night and day, the club has also upgraded their service (speed) and spread IMHO.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Feb 7, 2019 at 7:01 am
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
It's crazy during both breakfast and evening cocktail hour.
What time were you there for breakfast? I have tours picking me up at 8:00 AM , so I would go to breakfast as early as possible. Similarly, did the noise continue all through the entire 2 hours for the evening cocktails or just maybe for the first hour. My reservation is not until mid-April and maybe the jack hammering will be finished my then, but I would just like to know if I should have a backup plan.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richard1148
What time were you there for breakfast? I have tours picking me up at 8:00 AM , so I would go to breakfast as early as possible. Similarly, did the noise continue all through the entire 2 hours for the evening cocktails or just maybe for the first hour. My reservation is not until mid-April and maybe the jack hammering will be finished my then, but I would just like to know if I should have a backup plan.
Around 10am. I'm on holiday. The workers start at 8:30am (at least that's what I was told). In the evening throughout the cocktail hour it's CRAZY throughout.

IMHO right now the HR Bali is only a solution for folks who want or have to do Bali in the cheapest way possible. Considering the effort and cost to fly to DPS I rather pay a bit more for my hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.