FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Centric Boston Faneuil Hall - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1927975-hyatt-centric-boston-faneuil-hall-review-master-thread.html)

dw Aug 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Hyatt Centric Boston Faneuil Hall - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

This property is now taking reservations as of March 15, 2019:

https://faneuilhallboston.centric.hy...otel/home.html

Seems like a lot of lead time so perhaps they are expecting that it will actually open earlier.

Not surprisingly, given the room rates in Boston these days, it’s been loaded as a Cat 5.

Single_Flyer Aug 30, 2018 1:20 pm

Accessible location for sure. Looks like renovation of an old office building?

speedytimmy Aug 30, 2018 8:40 pm

The hotel is part of the Congress Squard project:

http://www.congress-square.com/

Part of the hotel is in a newly constructed tower, but I think some has to be in renovated former office space given the room count (supposedly 163 rooms). The location is right in the middle of the financial district but I wouldn’t expect many of the rooms to have any sort of view. This could be off, but I don’t see the property being more than 12 or so floors - see the picture here:

http://gdscompanies.com/projects/hyatt-centric/

Many of the nearby buildings are 30+ floors tall.

cottonpatch Feb 24, 2019 6:14 am

It appears that this property has opened. I've got a stay booked here for early May so I'm looking forward to reading reviews and/or comments.

UA-NYC Jun 9, 2019 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by cottonpatch (Post 30815501)
It appears that this property has opened. I've got a stay booked here for early May so I'm looking forward to reading reviews and/or comments.

Any stay report? I’m going in Aug, will be a Globalist then, so curious.

UA-NYC Aug 10, 2019 6:08 am

Couple weeks away from my stay...looking online, not seeing any suites at this property? Just a Delxue room that may be a tad bigger and on a higher floor.

Regardless, looking forward to the bennies.

afmiami Aug 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Being there last week, I don't think they have suites. I was "upgraded" to a high floor room (booked with free night award). Decent room. Globalist breakfast in the lobby restaurant, pretty good. Good location, a no frills hotel more than adequate for the price point.

UA-NYC Aug 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Good to know, thanks. Trying to be a bit closer to the North End otherwise might have done the HR. Will go in with decently low expectations overall and see.

Wonder if Boston will ever see something a bit higher end from Hyatt...

UA-NYC Aug 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Good stay this weekend - reminds me a lot in spirit of the Aloft River North (Chicago). Right in the center of everything in Boston, 10 or so minute walk to just about anywhere you want to go.

No suites as noted, ended up on the 12th floor, in an x09 room, which with this hotel's quirky layout, was kind of like a 90 degree-rotated Aloft room (see below for the map, every room will be a bit different). Kept the bathroom away from the bed which is always appreciated. Cozy room but great bed/sheets made for a good sleep. Nice details, outlets everywhere, classy subway tile in the bathroom.

Gym was quality for the size, had everything I needed. Free valet parking ($49) was appreciated, did an in and out yesterday too, no problem. Very nice and accommodating staff.

Breakfast in Bar Mercato was quite good - high quality, decent sized menu, even had a full breakfast for 5 people fully comped this AM (don't think that's happening w/Marriott!)

It's not luxury, but good overall, and a better location vs. the HR if you want to go to the North End, Seaport, etc.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...12536c022f.jpg

UA-NYC Aug 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Separately, I'm still trying to think of the Centric positioning w/in WOH...Aloft is always thought to be the W's younger (cheaper) sibling, and I guess that relationship may also exist between Centric and Andaz. But both of my US Centric stays so far (Boston and Chicago Mag Mile), I'd say your standard Centric is a lot nicer / a bit less "try too hard" than an Aloft, which you can also say the same w/Andaz vs. W.

Need to do a few more stays elsewhere, but I like the vibe, and since lounges aren't important and I'm now a Glob, I think I would take a Centric generally over an HR (though curious what the suite % is at other Centrics).

Flyertalker1 Aug 25, 2019 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 31456119)
Separately, I'm still trying to think of the Centric positioning w/in WOH...Aloft is always thought to be the W's younger (cheaper) sibling, and I guess that relationship may also exist between Centric and Andaz. But both of my US Centric stays so far (Boston and Chicago Mag Mile), I'd say your standard Centric is a lot nicer / a bit less "try too hard" than an Aloft, which you can also say the same w/Andaz vs. W.

Need to do a few more stays elsewhere, but I like the vibe, and since lounges aren't important and I'm now a Glob, I think I would take a Centric generally over an HR (though curious what the suite % is at other Centrics).

was wondering the same. I’d say tastefully between a Westin and a W to put it on Marriott terms

AALoyalNYC Sep 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Stayed here two weeks ago and ended up in what must be the smallest room, the king bed barely fit and the shower was literally next to the door when you walk in. There was no partition, let alone a sliding or closing door to the "bathroom." Truly a micro-unit type of situation. For the rate, this place is TINY! Some of the rooms are larger, from what I was told after checking with the front desk (they also had plenty of room and I was NOT upgraded at all. I'm a couple of stays away from Explorist, which i know doesn't mean much, but as Discoverist I'm nearly always upgraded in some way or another at other Hyatt's when occupancy is modest).

Anyway, cool hotel, what I would expect from a Centric in a historic office/commercial space, but man, Tokyo-sized rooms.

Fly Me To The Moon Feb 7, 2020 8:22 pm

Can someone please reconfirm that valet (or self-) parking is included free for Globalists staying on Award nights at this hotel? With in-out privileges?

UA-NYC Feb 7, 2020 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon (Post 32046370)
Can someone please reconfirm that valet (or self-) parking is included free for Globalists staying on Award nights at this hotel? With in-out privileges?

can confirm was there with car last Aug

Fly Me To The Moon Feb 8, 2020 5:56 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 32046711)
can confirm was there with car last Aug

Great, thanks very much.