Leaked: Fall WOH promotion

Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by uppereastsider

As stated in my post, I plan to bring an additional 5-10 corporate stays to Hyatt ... and this promo is a huge factor (SPGs technical issues are the other main reason)
I saw that, but you stated “without having to change any part of my travel plans” and it sounded to me that you would booked those anyway given the Marriott issues. Didn’t see this promo mentioned as a huge factor for that. Sorry if I misread you.
uppereastsider likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CloudCoder

This promo, to me, appears to be similar to previous promotions: not enough to really encourage more nights, but a nice extra unexpected bonus for nights already planned.
If I were at 39 nights, I would certainly redeem 5,000 points in order to get the 25,000 bonus.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
Crazily, you'd also get Diamond welcome amenity points on the actual FFN redemption. You'd even get G/GP bonuses occasionally on the FFN redemptions too, even though you weren't supposed to. So you'd stay and get FFNs and points, and then more points (sometimes way more points) from the FFNs.

That's why no one should be surprised that many FT'ers long for the HGP promotions of old (or heck, even just the HGP of old - the diamond amenity bonus alone rivals some of the "promotions" we see these days). Sure, it may be unreasonable to expect promotions now that were as good as those back then, but it's equally unreasonable to expect people not to express some sort of dissatisfaction when promos today feel like a mere shell of what they once were.
I remember one particular stay that was under a Benny out the door and netted something like 11K points, in addition to half an FFN.

A big part of that was the bed guarantee; 5K points as I recall. Sometimes the good old days are even better than we remember them.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by JackE
A big part of that was the bed guarantee; 5K points as I recall. Sometimes the good old days are even better than we remember them.
Yes, 5k points - although IIRC I never once failed to get my requested bed type.

Don't forget the 2.5k pts for lounge being closed and 50% "retroactive bonus" credit if diamond amenity / G / GP bonuses failed to automatically post and we had to call in to get them credited. These could really add up especially on one-night stays.

Yikes, we really are giving lots of ammunition to those complaining about how bad the promos these days are!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Of all the perks, this is the perk that is most valuable to me. With a family with three young children, booking the big suites for family vacations (using dollars or points) is a huge perk.
They should let members sell/transfer them. They are of almost no value to me, but since "almost" is more than "no", I'll go ahead and use them. But would gladly sell them for points; needless to say, I'm choosing points over suites for the 70/80/90/100.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by JackE
They should let members sell/transfer them. They are of almost no value to me, but since "almost" is more than "no", I'll go ahead and use them. But would gladly sell them for points; needless to say, I'm choosing points over suites for the 70/80/90/100.
This is the major reason that I left Hyatt. I was unable to use 6 TSUs over 2 years (net, I could only use 2). My personal belief is that the program changes allowed the properties to be more stingy in allocating rooms for TSUs for long stays. 80% percent of my yearly hotel nights are for long stays (>5 nights). Almost all of my short stays were in locations where a suite upgrade meant nothing.

If Hyatt had offered to give me 10K points per unused upgrade, I would've considered staying.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:32 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by zombietooth
This is the major reason that I left Hyatt. I was unable to use 6 TSUs over 2 years (net, I could only use 2). My personal belief is that the program changes allowed the properties to be more stingy in allocating rooms for TSUs for long stays. 80% percent of my yearly hotel nights are for long stays (>5 nights). Almost all of my short stays were in locations where a suite upgrade meant nothing.

If Hyatt had offered to give me 10K points per unused upgrade, I would've considered staying.
I think it's highly dependent on where you try to use the TSUs. Some hotels have very few suites and if you have limited travel flexibility you will be disappointed with TSUs. If you are flexible with travel destinations and dates, TSUs are great.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Quick posting promo, this one. I already got an extra 2500 points from a stay. So, instant posted points as you progress through the tiers.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:50 pm

Curious if anyone has gotten the 5 nights from the new card and if they counted towards the promo.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by caliform
Quick posting promo, this one. I already got an extra 2500 points from a stay. So, instant posted points as you progress through the tiers.
Same - bonus points posted same day as the hotel stay points posted. And can confirm award nights count - first 4 nights of the promo was on award nights
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: A bunch
Datapoint:

Stayed 8/31-9/10 at 3 different Hyatt’s so 10 nights total. Received the 2500 points on 9/9. Have yet to receive the additional 5000 points. 9 of 10 nights were awards.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Do you guys have experience with the WOH new credit card elite nights counting towards this? I am asking because they count for the cat1-4 and cat1-7 awards for 30 and 60 nights and also for the Suite upgrades at 70 80 90 and 100 nights.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:30 am

I checked out from a 3 night stay on 9/1, did a night on 9/2 and 9/23. I was/am hoping my first three nights would count for this promotion but I have not received any bonus points yet. I also had 4 credit card nights post and that has not resulted in triggering the current bonus. Maybe it will post in the coming days.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by slm9555
I checked out from a 3 night stay on 9/1, did a night on 9/2 and 9/23. I was/am hoping my first three nights would count for this promotion but I have not received any bonus points yet. I also had 4 credit card nights post and that has not resulted in triggering the current bonus. Maybe it will post in the coming days.
i checked out from a 1 night stay on 9/1 and was told that night doesn’t count for this promotion as the night was for 8/31 they said.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Do you guys have experience with the WOH new credit card elite nights counting towards this? I am asking because they count for the cat1-4 and cat1-7 awards for 30 and 60 nights and also for the Suite upgrades at 70 80 90 and 100 nights.
they dont appear to count for this promotion. I have 9 nights in September and then had 2 nights post for the $5k spend and have not received any additional points yet for crossing 10 nights. If this changes or points do post later i will update this post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.