Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Leaked: Fall WOH promotion

Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First line quotes the source as LL
https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/08/28/world-of-hyatt-promotion-for-up-to-60000-bonus-points-september-1-november-30-2018
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by azepine00
Especially since Gary isn't very good at math.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:31 am

Sweet, currently on a stay until mid September. Hopefully my nights from 9/1 counts.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
WOH Fall promotion Registration Live

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...el-add-up.html
solewalker likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fangtl
Sweet, currently on a stay until mid September. Hopefully my nights from 9/1 counts.
Most likely (as long as it isn't a specially negotiated extended stay) all nights of your stay will count towards the 40 nights of the promotion.

For example, historically a stay from 12/28-1/1 would count as four nights for the new year. Hyatt IT seems to attribute all of the nights from your stay to your checkout date. So as long as you check out 9/1 or later, you should be ok. Now, it's not what the T&C say, but it's how their IT has historically worked in practice
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Nice to get a decent promo.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:33 am

I don't know how decent it really is...I mean, 40 nights in 90 days for 60k? That is absurdly steep...even 20 nights which is a lot only nets 17,500 points. Unless you are already at 20 or 30 nights and are a night or two from hitting one of the high tiers like 30 or 40, I don't see how this would really drive any business.
clublevel15 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by antonius66
I don't know how decent it really is...I mean, 40 nights in 90 days for 60k? That is absurdly steep...even 20 nights which is a lot only nets 17,500 points. Unless you are already at 20 or 30 nights and are a night or two from hitting one of the high tiers like 30 or 40, I don't see how this would really drive any business.
At the lower end, I would get an extra 500 pts per night *if* I stay five nights. Not particularly motivating for me. I will register, of course, but the gavel I have booked so far isn’t going to shift to Hyatt (in some cases it would be impossible due to lack of properties anyway). Oh well, not really surprising.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I also don't find this too appealing but hey, free points.

I don't have to go rebook all my travel, right? Didn't see it in the conditions...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:52 am

No you usually never have to rebook. And yeah, I agree...free points but it isn't going to drive any extra business from me. I should have 20 nights during the time so I won't turn down the points. If I got 28 or 29 then I might mattress run the last 1 or 2 but otherwise, no.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I find it rather on par with their other fairly weak promos during the last 2 years. I have 15 nights planned under the promo period and getting 7500 bonus points only amounts to 500 pts per night. I'd actually be better off under just about any of their other promos they've run. On the upper end though, it isn't all that bad a bonus rate (1500 pts a night). 40 nights during three months in the Fall is quite a bit of travel though,-- even during my busiest of travel times it is quite unreasonably high. But that is on purpose to capture those out there are road warriors. This is designed well in my opinion to increase business (unlike most of their promos). If you have a lot of nights that you can swing to Hyatt, this promo may make it worth-your-while.

In my situation, if I travel 5 more nights than already planned, I get 10,000 more bonus pts. I have numerous evenings this Fall where I am attending events in Tulsa where I can stay at the HR (a cat 1) vs driving home late at night. I wasn't planning on staying all that much this fall, but this may make me reconsider. The promo makes it to where I can stay 5 extra nights at the price of 3. Well, actually that 5 nights will be enough to get me over the 90 night bonus mark where I can get another 10,000 bonus points too, so I already have the 5 nights for the price of 3 without the promo, and with the promo, those 5 nights now only come at the price of 1.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Well, considering that Marwood is too busy imploding from the IT-mess of a merger to offer anything and IHG's Accelerate is nowhere to be seen, Hyatt seems to be a pretty good choice right now.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by solewalker
Well, considering that Marwood is too busy imploding from the IT-mess of a merger to offer anything and IHG's Accelerate is nowhere to be seen, Hyatt seems to be a pretty good choice right now.
And Marriott/SPG isn't offering anything yet either, so 17500 bonus Hyatt points for 20 nights is better than a sharp stick in the eye.

I'm sitting at 35 YTD with 8 nights already planned, so this is enough for me to make sure I get the other 12 to renew Glob.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I have an Andaz stay that ends on 9/1. I won’t get the double Andaz stay credit since my checkout is past 8/31, but would be great to have at least one night count towards the promo as I currently have 9 nights booked with hyatt after it and can switch over more stays.

SPG is losing any extra stays as this promo is better than praying SPG actually counts my stays (which it hasn’t since the merger)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.