Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leaked: Fall WOH promotion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pointspinnacle

they dont appear to count for this promotion. I have 9 nights in September and then had 2 nights post for the $5k spend and have not received any additional points yet for crossing 10 nights. If this changes or points do post later i will update this post.
Ditto. The 2 nights from CC didn't count towards the promotion for me as well.
lotrbfme likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:37 pm

i checked out from a 1 night stay on 9/1 and was told that night doesn’t count for this promotion as the night was for 8/31 they said.
if that’s the case then maybe I will get 2x credit since I was at the andaz but I doubt it since that said for stays through 8/31.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

i checked out from a 1 night stay on 9/1 and was told that night doesn’t count for this promotion as the night was for 8/31 they said.
Originally Posted by slm9555

if that’s the case then maybe I will get 2x credit since I was at the andaz but I doubt it since that said for stays through 8/31.
Yeah. Seems a bit unfair. I had an Andaz night on August 31st that may not count for both promos.

(unfortunately I don't have my autumn stays lined up properly to provide a data point as to whether that August 31st night counts or not.)
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yeah. Seems a bit unfair. I had an Andaz night on August 31st that may not count for both promos.

(unfortunately I don't have my autumn stays lined up properly to provide a data point as to whether that August 31st night counts or not.)
I had a 4 night Andaz stay that ended on 9/1 that didn’t qualify for either promo. Odd that Hyatt would make checking out on 9/1 a penalty
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Is it really a penalty, or do the promo terms say the stay had to begin on or after 9/1?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:55 pm

Well historically for pretty much most all qualifying events, Hyatt nights have counted on the check out day, so it's odd that suddenly in this one case, they wouldn't.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Is it really a penalty, or do the promo terms say the stay had to begin on or after 9/1?
it is a penalty because it does not qualify for the promo that requires a check out by 8/31 (andaz 2x) and the current promo that starts 9/1. My andaz stay 8/30 to 9/2 got neither promo.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by slm9555

it is a penalty because it does not qualify for the promo that requires a check out by 8/31 (andaz 2x) and the current promo that starts 9/1. My andaz stay 8/30 to 9/2 got neither promo.
Not sure how the first one could be seen as a penalty, as the terms explicitly warn that checkouts must occur by 8/31. The 8/30 to 9/2 one is odd; historically, the whole stay would qualify for the bonus. Perhaps Hyatt has tightened up their IT recently.

Does the latter promo require a check-in on or after 9/1?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
"For the purpose of this offer, an Eligible Night is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay."

Offer FAQ's

The wording is confusing there:

"Eligible nights completed September 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018."

Going by what has posted, a night on Nov 30 with check out on or after Dec 1 should count.

The T&C's are somewhat clearer:

"All Eligible Nights under this offer must occur from September 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018 (“Offer Period”)."
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I’m trying to max our this promo and may hit 40N by the skin of my teeth. Two questions:

1. I know award stays count, I assume promo nights using a cert is the same thing?

2. Stays from Nov 30 - Dec 1 count right?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to clarify something that was asked upthread -- for a stay that straddles the beginning of the offer period, only nights during the offer period count. I had a stay Aug 31-Sep 3 and it counted two nights towards the promo.

I know this because after that I had a 3 night stay ("Stay #2") 2500 pts posted, and then after that I had a 4 night stay ("Stay #3") and nothing posted. Then I got my additional 5k after my following stay.

If 0 or 1 of the nights of Aug31 - Sep 3 counted, I would not have gotten the first 2500 pts after stay #2 . If all 3 nights had counted, I would have gotten 5k points after stay #3 (as my total would have been 10). Therefore I can conclude that exactly 2 nights were credited from my Aug31 - Sep3 stay.

Last edited by VegasGambler; Nov 15, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Looks like Hyatt has upgraded their systems. Wonder if stays overlapping Jan. 1 will now be fixed, too.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Deleted.

Last edited by craigthemif; Nov 16, 2018 at 2:52 am Reason: mistake
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
No. You have to check-out on 30 November or before. In fact, if you stay from 15 November - 1 December without checking out and moving to another hotel, you theoretically get zero credit.
Where did you read that? There's nothing like that in the terms and conditions. It only says
All Eligible Nights under this offer must occur from September 1, 2018 through November 30, 2018 ("Offer Period").
and
Under this promotion you will earn Bonus Points as set forth in the chart above for Eligible Nights during the Offer Period.
You should get credit for all nights up to and including Nov 30.

We know that it automatically counts night correctly for stays that straddle the start of the promo; there's no reason to think that that would not be the case for the end of the promo. Even if it doesn't, you have 6 months to request the credit after Nov 30.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Where did you read that? There's nothing like that in the terms and conditions. It only says and

You should get credit for all nights up to and including Nov 30.

We know that it automatically counts night correctly for stays that straddle the start of the promo; there's no reason to think that that would not be the case for the end of the promo. Even if it doesn't, you have 6 months to request the credit after Nov 30.
My bad. Must have been thinking about a previous Hyatt promo where you had to check out before the end of the promo period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.