Leaked: Fall WOH promotion

Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by sensei
Where do you stay that you can’t use your TSUs? Haven’t had any issues using them. Plus, neither Hilton not Marriott has a comparable elite perk. And the current Hyatt promo is better too. A little lost for words here?

The properties that I attempted to use TSUs at last year were the Hyatt Regency Tokyo, the Park Hyatt NY, the Carmel Highlands Inn and the Grand Hyatt Erawan, Bangkok. These were all for multi-night stays, and I did not attempt to use any for one night stays.

While Hilton has no equivalent perk, a very nice Asian property where I spend around 25 nights a year, has been upgrading me to suites on every stay within the last 24 months. I have also received 3 Marriott suite upgrades this year-this as a Gold (working towards Plat).

Last edited by zombietooth; Aug 31, 2018 at 9:26 pm
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by JackE
Was FFN the only promo people weren't whining about? Or was anyone complaining about that, too?
Dang it, what am I going to do with all these free nights?

Too many of you are using your free nights, and now I cannot get a room at...

That was an insanely good promotion and unlikely to ever be seen again.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I’ll never understand when people complain about a promo. I already have 10 Hyatt nights booked - including 4 as an award night (at 25k/night) that are eligible for the 10% rebate promo. So without changing my travel plans, Hyatt just gave me 17,500 points (10k rebate, 7500 from 10 nights) and I’ll probably add another 5-10 corporate nights to Hyatt as well (I’m staying away from SPG until that mess is fixed - so many missing stays for me...)

So to add some positivity to the thread, thanks Hyatt for all the free points without having to change any part of my travel plans!

And if this promo isn’t as good as others in the past, then don’t switch to hyatt! But some people seem personally offended at this promo.

BTW - what was this legendary FFN promo? I don’t remember it... but one of my favorite promos was an SPG targeted promo to earn a free night after every 2 stays up to 3 free nights. Earned that in about two weeks as I was staying in cities with multiple SPGs 😁
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sensei
Plus, neither Hilton not Marriott has a comparable elite perk.

I would really like to know what elite park we're getting with Glob that Hilton DMs Marriott Plats doesn't have.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:11 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I would really like to know what elite park we're getting with Glob that Hilton DMs Marriott Plats doesn't have.
4 guaranteed suites at time of booking, 7 nights each reservation = up to 28 nights in a suite per year. Big benefit as far I am I concerned, and far more valuable for some trips than "suite upon availability".
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
4 guaranteed suites at time of booking, 7 nights each reservation = up to 28 nights in a suite per year. Big benefit as far I am I concerned, and far more valuable for some trips than "suite upon availability".
This is 100% Why I'm globalist just got back from Park Hyatt Vienna using TSU the difference in price between suite and regular room was $3600. I'm also Platinum with Marriott have never gotten free suite
escape4 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
I’ll never understand when people complain about a promo. I already have 10 Hyatt nights booked - including 4 as an award night (at 25k/night) that are eligible for the 10% rebate promo. So without changing my travel plans, Hyatt just gave me 17,500 points (10k rebate, 7500 from 10 nights) and I’ll probably add another 5-10 corporate nights to Hyatt as well (I’m staying away from SPG until that mess is fixed - so many missing stays for me...)

So to add some positivity to the thread, thanks Hyatt for all the free points without having to change any part of my travel plans!

And if this promo isn’t as good as others in the past, then don’t switch to hyatt! But some people seem personally offended at this promo.

BTW - what was this legendary FFN promo? I don’t remember it... but one of my favorite promos was an SPG targeted promo to earn a free night after every 2 stays up to 3 free nights. Earned that in about two weeks as I was staying in cities with multiple SPGs 😁
I completely agree. I had 10 nights at various Hyatt properties booked before this was announced because they are located where I needed to be and now they are throwing points at me just because. I call that a win.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by escape4
Of all the perks, this is the perk that is most valuable to me. With a family with three young children, booking the big suites for family vacations (using dollars or points) is a huge perk.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
BTW - what was this legendary FFN promo? I don’t remember it...
I remember it but don't recall the exact terms.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by zombietooth

The properties that I attempted to use TSUs at last year were the Hyatt Regency Tokyo, the Park Hyatt NY, the Carmel Highlands Inn and the Grand Hyatt Erawan, Bangkok. These were all for multi-night stays, and I did not attempt to use any for one night stays.

While Hilton has no equivalent perk, a very nice Asian property where I spend around 25 nights a year, has been upgrading me to suites on every stay within the last 24 months. I have also received 3 Marriott suite upgrades this year-this as a Gold (working towards Plat).
I think the major difference is the transparency. You can see at booking if a TSU eligible suite is available and confirm it immediately after booking. This year I’ve used it at Andaz Singapore, GH Tokyo, Andaz Amsterdam and PH Zurich. These are rooms that are 1k/night that I got for the lowest room rate or with points (that was a really nice improvement WOH added)

While with Marriott/SPG, it has always been a crapshoot. Which is fine for biz trips where a suite is a nice little perk/surprise after a long day of travel/meetings, but sucks when on vacation and praying my SNA clears 5 days before the trip) and in 5 years of being plat, I’ve had my SNAs clear once on vacation... in Cancun to a jr suite, while my buddy who didn’t use a SNA and wasn’t plat50 but was LTG and a plat on stays was upgraded to the presidential suite)

And congrats on 3 suite upgrades as a gold - that’s more than I’ve ever gotten in 5 years as a plat! Which to me means some programs work great for some and some don’t work great for others. My work travel habits get me to top tier on both programs (and often have me in the hotel for less than 10 hours total #SalesLife) and I’ll continue to pursue SPG/MR as long as the breakfast benefit continues (most important perk for me when on biz trips, and I’ve found the Hyatt program better due to no up charges at any hyatt I’ve been at)
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I remember it but don't recall the exact terms.
You will earn 1 free night after every 2 eligible stays.
You can earn an unlimited number of Faster Free Nights Award(s) at participating Hyatt hotels or resorts worldwide.
Your Faster Free Nights Award(s) will be posted to your account as you complete the stay qualifications
Redeem your free night(s) at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide.

So, two one-night stays at the Hyatt Place in Tulsa got you a free night anywhere. It happened at a time when you could make Diamond with 25 stays, so conceivably a mattress run that cost you less than $2,000 at a Hyatt Place would land you 12 nights at a Park Hyatt and Diamond status. I did not do that extreme of a mattress run, but I shifted nights to Hyatt and did multiple one-night stays in cities with multiple Hyatts, netting Diamond status for the first time and a couple of vacations worth of free nights in less than two months.

Plus, this was at a time when Hyatt had "G bonuses" (I think it was G), and you picked up an extra 500, 1000, or 2,000 points with every stay (on top of Diamond welcome amenity points), so multiple one-night stays were simply a boondoggle during this promotion.

I am sure that Hyatt Places and Hyatt Houses appreciated the promotion as much as we did.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Plus, this was at a time when Hyatt had "G bonuses" (I think it was G), and you picked up an extra 500, 1000, or 2,000 points with every stay (on top of Diamond welcome amenity points), so multiple one-night stays were simply a boondoggle during this promotion.
Crazily, you'd also get Diamond welcome amenity points on the actual FFN redemption. You'd even get G/GP bonuses occasionally on the FFN redemptions too, even though you weren't supposed to. So you'd stay and get FFNs and points, and then more points (sometimes way more points) from the FFNs.

That's why no one should be surprised that many FT'ers long for the HGP promotions of old (or heck, even just the HGP of old - the diamond amenity bonus alone rivals some of the "promotions" we see these days). Sure, it may be unreasonable to expect promotions now that were as good as those back then, but it's equally unreasonable to expect people not to express some sort of dissatisfaction when promos today feel like a mere shell of what they once were.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

So I guess the promo was pretty much wasted on you as it didn't bring any new business to Hyatt
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:26 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Before this promo was announced, I was already planning to spend 24 nights at Hyatt properties. I might move some stays from another chain to Hyatt during the promo period, to max out at 40 nights. However, I plan to find out what kind of promo the other chains offer during the same period. The days of "Stay at Hyatt and enjoy a promo, or stay elsewhere and get zilch" are over. All the chains have promos all the time.

This promo, to me, appears to be similar to previous promotions: not enough to really encourage more nights, but a nice extra unexpected bonus for nights already planned.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
So I guess the promo was pretty much wasted on you as it didn't bring any new business to Hyatt
As stated in my post, I plan to bring an additional 5-10 corporate stays to Hyatt ... and this promo is a huge factor (SPGs technical issues are the other main reason)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.