Leaked: Fall WOH promotion

Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Rare situation here but wish there were more tiers ;(
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I'm at 56 nights YTD and debating whether to try for 70 and the bonus 10K or TSU. This promotion actually adds incentive. I have a trip to Asia coming up, so this makes GH Shanghai more attractive than JW Marriott Tomorrow Square.

Last edited by CIT85; Aug 30, 2018 at 11:39 am Reason: Clarification on bonus for 70 nights
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:17 pm

^ if you are going to stay in Pudong then PH/GH is a no brainer, but if you prefer the location of the JWM, then you also have the andaz which is a 15 min walk from the Marriott.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by antonius66
I don't know how decent it really is...I mean, 40 nights in 90 days for 60k? That is absurdly steep...even 20 nights which is a lot only nets 17,500 points. Unless you are already at 20 or 30 nights and are a night or two from hitting one of the high tiers like 30 or 40, I don't see how this would really drive any business.
If not 40, how many nights do you believe would be reasonable to yield 60,000 bonus points worth up to 12 free nights?

EDIT: Not trying to beat you up here, but with hotel occupancies very high and with so much variance within Hyatt's brand, this seems like a great promo to me. I suppose it might be underwhelming if you're spending 20 nights at PH, but these promos aren't geared toward such people.

Last edited by joe_miami; Aug 31, 2018 at 9:47 am
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:06 am

I would rather see something like:

5= 5k
10 = +5k (10)
15 = +7.5K (17.5)
20 = +7.5k (25)
25 = +10K (35)
30 = +10k (45)
35 = +10k (55)
40 = +15k (70)

I mean I get they don't need to run promos at all. It is their choice and I won't say no to the free points, but in my particular case, I would get about 17.5 from normal travel I already planned and this won't move the needle at all for me. I would wager there are many like me and some who are actually going to move business because of it. Now obviously they feel the value of business that will get moved from this promo exceeds the value of the free points they are giving out to people who won't move an extra dime.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Delta PM
Does anyone know if award nights are included? I don't see anything spelled out in the terms and conditions breaking out paid versus award stays so not sure if anyone might know?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by johnbaby
Does anyone know if award nights are included? I don't see anything spelled out in the terms and conditions breaking out paid versus award stays so not sure if anyone might know?
Yes.

7. What is considered an Eligible Night?

For the purpose of this offer, an Eligible Night is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay. Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this promotion. This offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program. For program terms and conditions, visit worldofhyatt.com/terms.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...re-points.html
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by antonius66
I mean I get they don't need to run promos at all. It is their choice and I won't say no to the free points, but in my particular case, I would get about 17.5 from normal travel I already planned and this won't move the needle at all for me. I would wager there are many like me and some who are actually going to move business because of it. Now obviously they feel the value of business that will get moved from this promo exceeds the value of the free points they are giving out to people who won't move an extra dime.
Hyatt hotels don't need promos because they are full, full of guests coming in from Priceline and Expedia. If Hyatt wants to bring back their lost elites so that they don't have to pay Priceline/Expedia commissions, then they need a promo that does that. This one does not.

Hyatt has already tried promos like the 500/1000/night promo, and they haven't been successful enough. Moving 40 nights to Hyatt in a 90 day promo period is a LOT of lost opportunity at other chains. A payoff of 60k, or "2 nights at any Hyatt" as the email I got stated it, is not nearly enough of a payoff for moving all that business.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jn in ca
Hyatt hotels don't need promos because they are full, full of guests coming in from Priceline and Expedia. If Hyatt wants to bring back their lost elites so that they don't have to pay Priceline/Expedia commissions, then they need a promo that does that. This one does not.
Not this again.

Hyatt has already tried promos like the 500/1000/night promo, and they haven't been successful enough. Moving 40 nights to Hyatt in a 90 day promo period is a LOT of lost opportunity at other chains. A payoff of 60k, or "2 nights at any Hyatt" as the email I got stated it, is not nearly enough of a payoff for moving all that business.
Haven't been successful enough? Says who? And why do people look at this promo as essentially requiring 40 nights? That's just nutty.
JackE and MarkOK like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.

1. If Hyatt doesn't need promos because they are full, why complain about how the promo isn't enough to capture your business? Like you said, they don't really need it.
2. Where is the data on these Priceline/Expedia groups?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Was FFN the only promo people weren't whining about? Or was anyone complaining about that, too?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

The battle is lost to Priceline / Expedia. Between the billions they spend on marketing and the ease of booking flights and/or hotels for the one-holiday-a-year, no business travel crowd, no hotel chain promo is going to change that.

Bring back lost elites? People who care about elite status rarely, if ever, book OTAs. They move to a different chain. So promos try to attract business away from the other chains.

40 nights is a bit ridiculous, but if you're on the fence about achieving / requalifying Globalist, this promo might move the needle for you in a way that Hilton's boring "double points" won't.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
Was FFN the only promo people weren't whining about? Or was anyone complaining about that, too?
God I miss FFN. *pours out a 40*
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The battle is lost to Priceline / Expedia. Between the billions they spend on marketing and the ease of booking flights and/or hotels for the one-holiday-a-year, no business travel crowd, no hotel chain promo is going to change that.

Bring back lost elites? People who care about elite status rarely, if ever, book OTAs. They move to a different chain. So promos try to attract business away from the other chains.

40 nights is a bit ridiculous, but if you're on the fence about achieving / requalifying Globalist, this promo might move the needle for you in a way that Hilton's boring "double points" won't.
So true. I was a 15+ year Glob and, last year, I was unable to use any of my TSUs, so I went all-in with Hilton and Marriott (only 1 Hyatt night this year, and that was an IRROPS situation).
I was tempted by this offer because I have over well over 50 nights booked within this promotion period that could easily be shifted to nearby Hyatts for my trade shows but, after doing the math and comparing the properties (price and quality), it really wasn't attractive at all.

And you're right about OTAs; I only use them when booking stays for my contractors because, in that instance, I care only about one thing-price.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Where do you stay that you cant use your TSUs? Havent had any issues using them. Plus, neither Hilton not Marriott has a comparable elite perk. And the current Hyatt promo is better too. A little lost for words here?

Originally Posted by zombietooth
So true. I was a 15+ year Glob and, last year, I was unable to use any of my TSUs, so I went all-in with Hilton and Marriott (only 1 Hyatt night this year, and that was an IRROPS situation).
I was tempted by this offer because I have over well over 50 nights booked within this promotion period that could easily be shifted to nearby Hyatts for my trade shows but, after doing the math and comparing the properties (price and quality), it really wasn't attractive at all.

And you're right about OTAs; I only use them when booking stays for my contractors because, in that instance, I care only about one thing-price.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.