Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for 2019 Globalist Status-Where are most inexpensive properties?

Old Aug 25, 18, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

No longer traveling for work and without a mattress run I will be about 20 nights short of Globalist. I am planning an RTW trip for September-October and would like to make up the 20 nights during that time. It looks like my best bet would be to do a combination of cash, cash and and points, and straight points,at category 1 hotels in India and China. Last year there were Hyatt Places in India at $37 a night. Right now I can find hardly anything under $60. Any suggestions about the best way to go about this and where to stay?
Old Aug 25, 18, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Fun challenge!

Picking a random week in September (9/15-9/22), Hyatt Place Sanya City Center is $43/nt
Hyatt Raipur is $51/nt
HR Lucknow is $58/nt.
Old Aug 25, 18, 11:09 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jameswes View Post
Fun challenge!

Picking a random week in September (9/15-9/22), Hyatt Place Sanya City Center is $43/nt
Hyatt Raipur is $51/nt
HR Lucknow is $58/nt.
I think Hyatt Place Sanya is a very new property, great choice.

Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 18, 11:14 pm

HR Jogjakarta
Old Aug 26, 18, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Don't forget Oasis apartments as an option.
Old Aug 26, 18, 4:52 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Hyatt Place Heathrow - 14 night plus rate about 58-65
Old Aug 26, 18, 7:30 am

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SW A-list, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Here's a great blog post that has a map of all Hyatt Cat 1, 2, &3 properties worldwide:
https://screwtheaverage.com/blog/bud...iott-spg-hyatt
Old Aug 26, 18, 8:27 am

Getting there might be a challenge but the two, very nice looking, Hyatt Places in Armenia are showing rates in the $40 usd range for random dates in October. I'll bet the food would be pretty good.

If you go this way please be sure to come back here and let us know what you did in Jermuk for 20 nights, I will be curious.
Old Aug 26, 18, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Have you consider the Hyatt credit card?

if you spend $5,000 using a payment service that charges you 3% it will cost you $150 for 2 nights or $75 a night. But you will get 2,500 points per night and save on trip related expenses (such as food and air ticket).

20 nights = $50,000 x 3% = $1,500 = 50,000 Hyatt Points.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 26, 18, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WoH Glob, HHonors (faux) Diamond
+1 on credit card.

Maybe it's just me, but if I didn't have the credit card (and for some reason didn't want to or couldn't get it), and I lived in VT, I'd book Mon-Th (4 nights) at Andaz Wall Street at $214/night (+ tax, to be sure), and knock out 8 of the nights that way. (Andaz 2x bonus expires 31 Aug, right?) Manhattan at airport HP prices, at least in terms of mattress running for night credits (about $125/night-credit all-in). Seems to me to beat doing the time in Armenia, etc.
Old Aug 26, 18, 12:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
FWIW, I've seen the HP Reno go as low as $59.
Old Aug 26, 18, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Keep the comments coming. I liked the oasis idea but couldn't find anything in Europe under $100 a night. Right now I'm looking at the Chennai Park Hyatt on cash and points. Any other Cat1 Park Hyatts?
Old Aug 26, 18, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Brattflyer View Post
Keep the comments coming. I liked the oasis idea but couldn't find anything in Europe under $100 a night. Right now I'm looking at the Chennai Park Hyatt on cash and points. Any other Cat1 Park Hyatts?
well if that PH uses Aesop amenities then you could resell them LOL. They are very expensive online: https://www.aesop.com/us/p/kits-travel/travel/jet-set-kit/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwn4ncBRCaARIsAFD5-gUoF5Qo6lRahawHunrEnQAc-_HY6iumnMd8h1lazvsSbJqRE8l2TyIaAp-kEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&siteName=Aesop United States
caliform likes this.
Old Aug 26, 18, 5:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
ah yes, I love to buy my aesop toiletries from random strangers
xmzzn123 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 18, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by caliform View Post
ah yes, I love to buy my aesop toiletries from random strangers
LOL, I am just providing OP with info to make it the most inexpensive. And a lot of people sell and buy Aesop of ebay. I buy for instance.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: