Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Questions about Hyatt Ka'anapali, Maui "Package"

Old Aug 5, 18, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)

I have several questions about a 5 night package in Ka'anapali, Maui, which I signed up for in May. It is a reduced price package, where one has to attend a timeshare presentation for 90 min.

1) Which Hyatt property will the accommodation be in!? - The hotel, or the timeshare? I misplaced the original invitation card, and the email confirmation is very unclear.

2) My wife and I are unable to travel his year, but want to take advantage of this in March, 2019. After signing up, I was astonished to be told that inventory for 2019 had still not been released, but would be in early June. Well, it is now early August, and still has not been released!! 2019 is only 4 months away!! Is this some sort of scam, where availability never becomes available?

3) What is availability typically like, assuming it ever becomes available, that is?

Thanks
Old Aug 5, 18, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium/LTP (+UA Silver), National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Not a scam, but I think they've actually been successful in selling a bunch of the timeshares. I wrote to inquire about one of these deals and they wrote back to ask what month I'd be interested in seeing a 1-bedroom. I replied and then learned that they had sold out all their 1-bedrooms for at least a few months of the year. Good for them I guess.
Old Aug 6, 18, 2:11 pm

I also bought it in May and am still waiting on the 2019 dates. Was told the same thing...every few weeks I call and am told a few more weeks.
Old Aug 7, 18, 9:10 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
We did one of these timeshare sales pitch stays last month. We booked the trip in February and had no issues getting the dates we wanted in July - we had already planned the trip to Maui, and this just saved us a bunch of $$ on the room. The accommodations were in the Hyatt hotel. The 90 minute sales pitch was pretty low-key. We made it clear we weren't buying a timeshare and just wanted to take advantage of the deal. The only time they got even a little pushy was when they offered us a return visit at an even better price, which we had to politely decline multiple times.
Old Aug 7, 18, 12:17 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Did the same thing in March this year. Bought package in Sept / Oct 2017 (can't remember exactly when). Did the presentation. The sales guy wasn't too pushy. We told him upfront that we are in the for the points, so he only talked for 45 min or so. The lady who finished the sales was pushy. Kept selling us a return visit for $2500 for 5 nights. Which to me is not a good deal.

1. We stayed at the Time Share building 2 bedroom. Was able to use the hotel facilities.

2. They have very limited 1 bedroom available (confirmed during presentation). We're 2 adults + 1 child and had to book a 2 bedroom ocean view (aka more $$$ less # of days when I confirmed the room). We went during mid March which is not spring break or other peak time. I would be fine with a no-view 1 bedroom, but ocean view 2 / 3 bedrooms are the only one available.

3. They are usually booked solid during holidays including school off days. You probably will need to be flexible.

We almost missed our trip due to the Northeaster. I called and asked what their cancellation policy is (normally not cancellable). They offered a fee (couple hundred bucks) to rebook the rooms within a month (or something like that). Luckily we didn't have to cancel.
Old Aug 7, 18, 8:22 pm

i did the trip last August--I needed to shift the dates once and had no problem doing it
the timeshare building was exceptional--if you have the choice between the hotel and the timeshare building, def choose the timeshare side. It was really, really nice.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: