Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Small Luxury Hotels (SLH)
Reload this Page >

Hyatt & Small Luxury Hotels Of The World Announce Partnership MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
There is a Hyatt sub-forum for everything related to SLH, benefits, reviews, etc...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/small-luxury-hotels-slh-772/

would be nice if the forum would get a boost Cheers 59Impala

Paid stays are 10%+ cheaper if booked as an SLH member on its website. It, also, includes continental breakfast. (note from @59impala. I paid a 30% premium for The Plymouth Southbeach.) (antonius66 I observed 10-30% premiums for 2 hotels in Portugal over SLH direct, closer to 50% over OTAs)
A limited number of reviews of SLH properties may be found in the Other Hotel Chains Forum.
World of Hyatt members can earn 5 Base Points for every $1 USD spent on qualifying room rates and can redeem points for free nights at participating SLH hotels. It doesn't stop there, members can also enjoy exclusive in-hotel benefits when staying at a participating SLH hotel.
Complimentary continental breakfast for two
Complimentary Wi-Fi
Early check-in 12:00pm (based on availability at check-in)
Late check-out 2:00pm (based on availability at check-in)
One category room upgrade (based on availability at check-in)

Review Master Threads:
HGU New York: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1958701-hgu-new-york-slh-hotel.html
Byblos Art Hotel, Villa Amistà, Verona, Italy: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ing-hotel.html
SINA Centurion Palace - Venice, Italy - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...l#post31441012
Hotel Ranga - Iceland: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1984015-hotel-ranga-iceland-small-luxury-hotel.html#post31442837
137 PIllars House, Chiang Mai, Thailand https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...hiang-mai.html
1906 Lodge Coronado (San Diego), CA: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...sland-slh.html
137 Pillars Suites & Residences Bangkok, Thailand: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2007231-137-pillars-bangkok-small-luxury-hotel.html
Akyra Thonglor Bangkok, Thailand: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smal...er-thread.html
Opus XIV Bergen, Norway : https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1983274-hotel-opus-xvi-small-luxury-hotels-bergen-norway.html
Ambassador Zurich, Switzerland: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smal...er-thread.html
Inverlochy Castle, Scotland UK: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...-scotland.html
Cromlix, Scotland UK: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smal...-scotland.html
Print Wikipost

Hyatt & Small Luxury Hotels Of The World Announce Partnership MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
Originally Posted by skj
What was the price difference between booking via Hyatt and booking direct ?
It's not a direct comparison. I booked 4 nights for me and my wife next April in an Ambassador Superior Room for 1308 CHF

This will include the following per SLH website agreement:

World of Hyatt members receive on-property benefits including complimentary continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, early check-in (based on availability at check-in), late check out (based on availability at check-in), and a one category room upgrade (based on availability at check-in).

Booking direct on SLH Ambassador website the same room quote is

Room only: 1177.20 CHF
Room with breakfast: 1441.20 CHF

They are selling Early checkin for 250.00 CHF and late checkout at 30 CHF per hour

Too me it's not apples to apples comparison, but knowing I get the Hyatt points and a stay towards maintaining Globalist, I'm willing to risk it is at least as good booking through Hyatt, but probably won't know until after the fact.
BTW points would have been 100,000 to for nights, which is clearly the worse deal IMHO.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:52 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by jtc246
I booked 4 nights for me and my wife next April in an Ambassador Superior Room for 1308 CHF

Booking direct on SLH Ambassador website the same room quote is

Room only: 1177.20 CHF
Room with breakfast: 1441.20 CHF
As far as I know, all members of SLH loyalty program get free breakfast, even if you have not had a stay yet. All you have to do is join. I am even surprised that they show a different price with breakfast and a price without breakfast at this particular property. Sounds like it's only to extract more money from people who don't know SLH has a loyalty program.

Therefore if I am correct, the comparison would be 1308 vs 1177, as such you are paying 11% premium for booking on Hyatt.com and in return you get the points. This 11% differential seems quite standard from what I have seen, nothing surprising.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:19 am

Thanks, I am not sure why. But never considered just joining their program. I took a look just now, and I will likely just keep my booking through Hyatt. When I factor in Base point, and Globalist bonus, I will be better off than the 11% differential. Not sure I'd pay much more than that. Looking at SLH reward program, the only benefit I receive through Hyatt that a new SLH member wouldn't get, is the possibility of a 1 category upgrade, I hate to give that a value, because I don't know how often the occur.

I did learn something though, thanks for the info, will be my first stay at a SLH property.

Last edited by jtc246; Aug 2, 2019 at 6:53 am
Old Aug 3, 2019, 6:51 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Not at all. A couple of upcoming SLH bookings using points though.

Could be one of those random "surprise and delight" things...
Definitely the delight category. I previously stayed at a number of the SLH properties in Europe, well before they organized SLH: Eden Au Lac in Zurich, Hotel D'Inghilterra in Rome, Hotel Lungarno in Florence, Le Grand in Cannes, Hotel Belle-Rivas in Juan les Pins, Hotel La Perouse in Nice, and Schlosshotel Kronberg. Of course, back then they were much less expensive. They offered full breakfasts and were a refreshing change from the chain hotels. Probably even better now and some are well priced.
SanDiego1K and Football Fan like this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JetBlue Mosaic
Currently staying at Ovolo The Valley in Brisbane, Australia. Great addition as Hyatt otherwise has no presence here, and it really helps qualify for Globalist again. Will probably have to create a thread for review purposes, but only disappointing aspect so far is just continental breakfast is included. No hot items. Otherwise, no complaints at all!
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:55 am

Where are we supposed to post reviews of SLH if they are not part of Hyatt yet? Since we don't know if these properties will ever join WoH I don't think the reviews should be in the Hyatt forum (at least not yet), but rather somewhere else on FT and if+when they join Hyatt then the reviews can be moved to the Hyatt forum. But right now where do people post SLH reviews, in "other hotel chains" or just in "expert hotel reviews"? I cannot find much of those, perhaps because SLHs properties simply have not been reviewed on FT much. Maybe @59Impala or others have an opinion?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:48 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by escape4
Where are we supposed to post reviews of SLH if they are not part of Hyatt yet? Since we don't know if these properties will ever join WoH I don't think the reviews should be in the Hyatt forum (at least not yet), but rather somewhere else on FT and if+when they join Hyatt then the reviews can be moved to the Hyatt forum. But right now where do people post SLH reviews, in "other hotel chains" or just in "expert hotel reviews"? I cannot find much of those, perhaps because SLHs properties simply have not been reviewed on FT much. Maybe @59Impala or others have an opinion?

As per the Wiki above, there are limited reviews here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains-431/

I agree, if they are not part of Hyatt, then they should be in the other thread, if part of Hyatt start a new thread in the Hyatt forum. I have started referencing the "Hyatt SLH" in this thread's wiki
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:17 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
SLH is making a somewhat significant change to their own loyalty program. Up until now, all members of the program (so basically, anyone who signs up) who booked direct through SLH received complimentary continental breakfast at all properties. Going forward, this will no longer apply to general members. As such, I wonder if we’ll see a similar change to benefits for non-elite WOH members at their properties.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dw
SLH is making a somewhat significant change to their own loyalty program. Up until now, all members of the program (so basically, anyone who signs up) who booked direct through SLH received complimentary continental breakfast at all properties. Going forward, this will no longer apply to general members. As such, I wonder if we’ll see a similar change to benefits for non-elite WOH members at their properties.
OK with that selfishly if it allows them to better recognize WOH status!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Makes a 10% premium easier to swallow - in line with the cost of a couple of pricey breakfast buffets for the most part.

Last edited by beachfan; Aug 16, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Makes a 10% premium easier to swallow - in line with the cost of a couple of pricey breakfast buffets for the most part.
My thoughts exactly
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
If you will only have one SLH stay during the year, then yes indeed I might be willing to push the Hyatt premium I can tolerate from 10% to maybe 15%.

However if you plan to stay 4+ nights at SLH split in 2+ stays, then I would still rather book SLH direct if the differential is over 10%, save money, and on subsequent SLH stays, book SLH direct again and have free breakfast because you are already over the 4 night threshold and Hyatt status is not giving me something above and beyond what I would get with SLH status.

So for people who use SLH moderately, the acceptable differential remains 10% in my opinion, if using SLH rarely then I agree with you that the differential can now be a bit higher than before this change.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
We had a recent 9 night award stay (category 8, 360k points spent) in an SLH hotel on which we spent almost 3k Euro on food and beverage, hotel transfers and kids club. The nights got credited, but it says "qualifying spend zero". Is that correct?

Edit: I guess it is...seems like only the rate itself earns points, but not any incidental charges. Bit annoying.

Members will also earn five (5) Base Points for each whole U.S. dollar or U.S. dollar equivalent paid for an Eligible Rate during his or her stay at a Participating SLH Property (“Eligible SLH Spend”). Members will not earn points on any spend that is not Eligible SLH Spend.Without limiting the preceding sentence, no charges at any SLH property, or any venue or outlet associated with such property, will qualify as Eligible Incidental Charges or Eligible Non-Stay Charges for purposes of the Program nor will any meeting or event hosted at any SLH property count as a Qualifying Event for purposes of the Program.

Last edited by Football Fan; Aug 17, 2019 at 5:55 am
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:12 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Football Fan
We had a recent 9 night award stay (category 8, 360k points spent) in an SLH hotel on which we spent almost 3k Euro on food and beverage, hotel transfers and kids club. The nights got credited, but it says "qualifying spend zero". Is that correct?

Edit: I guess it is...seems like only the rate itself earns points, but not any incidental charges. Bit annoying.
Thats because Hyatt doesn’t get any percentage of that F&B revenue at SLH hotels, so Hyatt doesn’t want to give points for that which ultimately costs Hyatt more in the end.

Makes the SLH partnership a lot less valuable to those who spend a lot on F&B, obviously...but those are the prices you pay when there are no Hyatt options otherwise.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:33 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I just updated the wiki with my review thread on the SLH Sina Centurion Palace:
Sina Centurion Palace (Venice Italy) SLH Hotel- Review Thread

Overall a positive stay, all benefits honored. One thing that did surprise me was Hyatt Twitter told me it takes 6 weeks to post the points, and they won't manually post until 6 weeks have passed. This could be problematic if you were at the end of the year and trying to qualify or hit the next milestone benefit.

Updated: points eventually posted automatically, 5 days after checkout. (not including the day of checkout).
bhrubin and 59Impala like this.

Last edited by ryandc99; Aug 21, 2019 at 3:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.