Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Cancun Zilara vs Ziva

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2021, 3:52 pm

does Hyatt still allow hopping for day visit betw. two resorts?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by danhouston
I don't think so. But, they offer day passes for purchase. I would actually probably book a room if I was going to get a full viewpoint of the property. I "think" based on what I have read that you might be able to eat dinner at another property, but then some people online said they don't do that any longer. Really don't know, maybe somebody will stop by with some updated information.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 4:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
Not now during COVID, no.
I was in TT and they didn't allow a visit to Zilara. I was very unhappy about that. I only wanted to eat there once and check the out the property and pool.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ezak
I was Explorist when I went, and both times we were upgraded into an ocean front room. Not 100% positive on this, but my impression is that club/turquoise rooms are not likely to be available through a comp upgrade, at least for Explorist. For me, I spend most of my time outside in the pools and restaurants, so I didn't even ask about paying for an upgrade, and the front desk didn't offer one either.
When I went, I was Explorist and had Turquoize booked for part of the time. When I asked about upgrading the rest of the time, they wanted to charge more than the price online.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Busymann
When I went, I was Explorist and had Turquoize booked for part of the time. When I asked about upgrading the rest of the time, they wanted to charge more than the price online.
just curious that Globalist may get a comp upgrade to turquoise tower? or still need to pay? friend said an upgrade could be gifted by a Globalist...
Old Mar 22, 2021, 4:16 pm

just curious that Globalist may get an comp upgrade to turquoise tower? or still pay for upgrade?
I've heard of Globalists getting the upgrade comped.

I hated that when I asked, they talked to a manager and then acted like I was getting such a great deal. It was a little insulting, tbh. However, I talked to someone else and got a better deal.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've heard of Globalists getting the upgrade comped.

I hated that when I asked, they talked to a manager and then acted like I was getting such a great deal. It was a little insulting, tbh. However, I talked to someone else and got a better deal.
“deal” as in a cash pay up from the room you booked to a Turquoise room?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
“deal” as in a cash pay up from the room you booked to a Turquoise room?
Yes.

The first offer at the regular front desk was complete BS. I could have booked online cheaper. I remember the Hyatt Ziva Cancun fan page admin saying you get a muuuch better deal at check in but they were flat out wrong.

Their Ziva fan page is a great resource for info but they are also shills for Playa resorts. I mean, the same folks admin fan pages for Hyatt Ziva/Zilara but ALSO Hilton La Romana, Hilton Playa Del Carmen, and Sanctuary. Not a coincidence and they only want cheerleading for the resorts. They were tested and failed but that's another story.

With that said, cheerleading aside, they are a great resource. Just wade through all the "yay"s. I'm part of ALL the Playa groups because I plan on going to all the resorts (maybe besides Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta).
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:43 pm

Yes.

The first offer at the regular front desk was complete BS. I could have booked online cheaper. I remember the Hyatt Ziva Cancun fan page admin saying you get a muuuch better deal at check in but they were flat out wrong.

Their Ziva fan page is a great resource for info but they are also shills for Playa resorts. I mean, the same folks admin fan pages for Hyatt Ziva/Zilara but ALSO Hilton La Romana, Hilton Playa Del Carmen, and Sanctuary. Not a coincidence and they only want cheerleading for the resorts. They were tested and failed but that's another story.

With that said, cheerleading aside, they are a great resource. Just wade through all the "yay"s. I'm part of ALL the Playa groups because I plan on going to all the resorts (maybe besides Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta).
Did you get an email with upgrade offers about a week before check-in? I got one but didn't pay much attention. Wonder if those are better than what you got at front desk.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:49 pm

Did you get an email with upgrade offers about a week before check-in? I got one but didn't pay much attention. Wonder if those are better than what you got at front desk.
No I didn't.

I know they are trying to make money but I don't think I would advise trying to upgrade when getting there if the price difference online is not bad.

If you are Globalist, I'd try for the upgrade. Hyatt seems to treat their top tiers better than any other hotel chain.

I can't wait to see Hyatt Ziva Barbados and potentially a new Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:23 am

Has any folks tried the vegas-style tip for an upgrade to a suite & worked? if not, personally no need to pay $100 xtra a day, as folks likely spend most of time outdoors, right?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Has any folks tried the vegas-style tip for an upgrade to a suite & worked? if not, personally no need to pay $100 xtra a day, as folks likely spend most of time outdoors, right?
The only way I would ever pay for an upgrade anywhere is that it comes with something worth the upgrade cost. For instance at the Zilara the price the Ocean Front King closely to the price of the Luxury Ocean Front Suite. The Luxury one comes with a cabana and the Luxury is often a corner suite with a wrap around balcony. So, for folks that want a cabana everyday, I think the upgrade is worth it. But, for me I have no desire to use one, so not worth the little extra. I always believe whatever room you really really want, is the one you should book in the long run. Because, many times an upgrade onsite will not be worth it because the prices either go up, or the room isn't available because the last one was given out an hour before you arrived. Most of the time I book the lowest rated rooms at a regular hotel, but for a special occasion, I book what I would really want so I won't be kicking myself after the fact.
strickerj and danhouston like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 11:04 am

I wouldn't try that here. Bear in mind that Vegas front desk has way more "flexibility" because they have so many rooms, but at a small resort like this, I doubt the check-in agent can give you any significant upgrade without manager approval. Plus, because you're already getting an upgrade from the elite status, so most likely your tip will be seen as an appreciation for that, and isn't going to gain you anything extra. If you're fine with the basic room, I'd just go and ask what they want for upgrading at check-in, and only take the offer when the price is right. You'll see in this thread that some people (like me) care more about public amenities here, and some people are more concerned about a better private space. It's all personal preference, so you'd have to decide based on how you like to vacation.
danhouston likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:56 pm

wow, Ziva now shows no room left for 3rd wknd in May from 20th - 23rd even for cash booking; friend said that had just booked with pts earlier today & variety was plentiful for cash booking, but none is now available for those dates to book for another couple; lots more folks that want to book in May as air & hotel rates are still lower than summer months
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
wow, Ziva now shows no room left for 3rd wknd in May from 20th - 23rd even for cash booking; friend said that had just booked with pts earlier today & variety was available for cash booking was also available, but none is available for those dates; lots more folks that want to book in May as air & hotel rates are still lower than summer months
Its only sold out on the 21st.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.