Hyatt Cancun Zilara vs Ziva

Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
undisciplined kids running around.
Undisciplined kids vs. undisciplined (drunk) adults. Quite the dilemma
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Undisciplined kids vs. undisciplined (drunk) adults. Quite the dilemma
True so true!
Old Mar 8, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I have since made two reservations for the Zilara. Total of 17 nights. It seems most people like the Ziva, but I'm just afraid that my time there would be totally ruin by undisciplined kids running around.
When are you going to the Zilara? I'm having the same thoughts as you. If you are going when the kids are in school, it probably won't be bad at all. I'm going in July, so I'm anticipating many kids at the Ziva...
Old Mar 8, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
When are you going to the Zilara? I'm having the same thoughts as you. If you are going when the kids are in school, it probably won't be bad at all. I'm going in July, so I'm anticipating many kids at the Ziva...
I'm going the First week of May and then again the first two weeks of October. I may reconsider Ziva, just to check it out and maybe instead of doing two weeks at Zilara, spend a week at each location. If I do, I'll certainly come back and give my two cents and comparison for others on the fence.
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 4:47 pm

I'm going the First week of May and then again the first two weeks of October. I may reconsider Ziva, just to check it out and maybe instead of doing two weeks at Zilara, spend a week at each location. If I do, I'll certainly come back and give my two cents and comparison for others on the fence.
I just booked 3 days in a Club Ocean Front King room at the Ziva to check it out after I leave the Zilara in May. No turquoise rooms were available. I think for only three days I can tolerate drunk adults and rowdy kids. LOL
Old Mar 8, 2021, 4:58 pm

I just booked 3 days in a Club Ocean Front King room at the Ziva to check it out after I leave the Zilara in May. No turquoise rooms were available. I think for only three days I can tolerate drunk adults and rowdy kids. LOL
Now the turquoise room shows up. That's weird.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Now the turquoise room shows up. That's weird.
The Turquoise rooms are quirky when booking via the Hyatt app or Hyatt.com. If you book via ResortsByHyatt.com instead then you'll see the Turquoise rooms (when they're available).
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
I have since made two reservations for the Zilara. Total of 17 nights. It seems most people like the Ziva, but I'm just afraid that my time there would be totally ruin by undisciplined kids running around.
I think you might be overrating the kid problem there. They stayed on the north side entirely when I was there.

Again, I haven't been to Zilara but the property is too small. It basically has 1 big pool and 2 hot tubs.
Ziva has multiple huge pools and the main ones are greatly separated. Add in the TT pool and the choices are crazy. The hot tubs near the pools are large.

Anyway, the only time we used the north pool was near Dips N' Sips pool bar and there were no kids in that immediate area either. Otherwise, we loved the south pools and hot tub and Punta Vista adults only.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Busymann
I think you might be overrating the kid problem there. They stayed on the north side entirely when I was there.

Again, I haven't been to Zilara but the property is too small. It basically has 1 big pool and 2 hot tubs.
Ziva has multiple huge pools and the main ones are greatly separated. Add in the TT pool and the choices are crazy. The hot tubs near the pools are large.

Anyway, the only time we used the north pool was near Dips N' Sips pool bar and there were no kids in that immediate area either. Otherwise, we loved the south pools and hot tub and Punta Vista adults only.
You might be able to make me to decide to go ahead and book the tourquoise room as I had planned. But, after booking the Club room, I noticed it doesn't come with a hot tub AND my question is this, the Club rooms come with the club of course....but is the club entirely inside? Is there a patio or something where you can go outside to drink or eat? If not, I'm booking the tourquoise (sp) to be able to eat outside. I don't like eating inside restuarants without good ventilation, especially now, and the hot tub would be a bonus too. It's just so hard to choose, when so many people in online reviews say that the Club room tower is better than the tourquoise tower.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:50 pm

I have spent approximately a month at this resort over the past couple of years. I can't think of a single incident that is likely to annoy anyone involving children, with the possible exception of the noise level in the sweet shop, very rarely. Even during the night time entertainment, they tend to be fairly well behaved. The Ziva isn't incredibly expensive, but it seems to charge enough to keep the riff raff out. Now if simply seeing kids in the background is going to annoy you, yes choose the zilara.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:53 pm

You might be able to make me to decide to go ahead and book the tourquoise room as I had planned. But, after booking the Club room, I noticed it doesn't come with a hot tub AND my question is this, the Club rooms come with the club of course....but is the club entirely inside? Is there a patio or something where you can go outside to drink or eat? If not, I'm booking the tourquoise (sp) to be able to eat outside. I don't like eating inside restuarants without good ventilation, especially now, and the hot tub would be a bonus too. It's just so hard to choose, when so many people in online reviews say that the Club room tower is better than the tourquoise tower.
Is the food/drink club benefit worth paying a premium for? I assumed it was more of a gimmick than anything else... any idea what the "premium" drinks are vs. the standard stuff?
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
I have spent approximately a month at this resort over the past couple of years. I can't think of a single incident that is likely to annoy anyone involving children, with the possible exception of the noise level in the sweet shop, very rarely. Even during the night time entertainment, they tend to be fairly well behaved. The Ziva isn't incredibly expensive, but it seems to charge enough to keep the riff raff out. Now if simply seeing kids in the background is going to annoy you, yes choose the zilara.
Thanks, that helps a lot. I already booked, now just deciding between the club tower or the turquoize tower. Any input? I'm leaning toward the turquoize because of the hot tub and the roof top outdoor bar.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Is the food/drink club benefit worth paying a premium for? I assumed it was more of a gimmick than anything else... any idea what the "premium" drinks are vs. the standard stuff?
It sounds like a gimmick with no hot tub But, at least the turquoize tower has only adults which would probably suit me better. But, it's a lot more than an average oceanview king room. decisions
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:01 pm

It sounds like a gimmick with no hot tub But, at least the turquoize tower has only adults which would probably suit me better. But, it's a lot more than an average oceanview king room. decisions
Personally, I find the marginal rate of return on paying for rooms over the base level gets very difficult to justify very quickly. But if you have money to burn, then why not
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
The Club Tower does have a little outdoor area just outside of it but it's not just for club guests. The club itself is entirely inside.
The TT has no special eating area, inside or out. It has a hot tub on the balcony, separate bar and pool on a rooftop, and I like the proximity to the spa free access, Tradewinds (right around the corner from the TT lobby), and the south pool and beach (hang a right from TT lobby also).

I liked being able to just hit -1 on the elevator and I was in the spa.
I liked walking out lobby then down the steps and I was at the pool.

I think that may have something partly to do with why kids weren't over there as much. Maybe parents book the pyramid more and the other pool is closer. The Club and TT have the south pool right out back. Ironically, the adults only pool and bar has a bit of a walk. It's over top the MAIN lobby. It was a minor annoyance to have to walk well away from the TT to get to it's pool and bar. TT has it's own check in yet here I have to walk as far as the OTHER check in to hit the adult's only section.

When we were there, we could eat outside at Lorenzo's (Italian), Chevy's (American), El Mercado (main buffet), Tres Cerveza's (sports),,and Tradewinds (our favorite).
Habanero's is open air but we didn't see an outside option for Moongate (Asian) or La Bastille (French).
Saasil Bar has a nice outdoor seating area and Juana Margarita is open air in a breezeway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.