FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Globalist benefits on top of Prive (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1921375-globalist-benefits-top-prive.html)

longmanzz Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Globalist benefits on top of Prive

hi, booking Prive will get me the full breakfast. I wonder if that replaces the globalist benefit or is additional.
E.g., can I order room service in Andaz 5th and then go on to breakfast

antonius66 Jul 23, 2018 2:36 pm

Well if you had club access at a property, you should be able to go in club at your choosing plus have full breakfast. In a non club, I would presume most places would say it replaced the benefit. Although, I could say an argument for both could be made unless the terms forbid.

caliform Jul 23, 2018 4:37 pm

According to PR materials “benefits combine with WoH status - where there is overlap the better benefit applied”. (Paraphrasing)

You won’t get two breakfasts (that’s just silly) but you’ll get the better one. I’d wager the Privé breakfast is usually better than the Glob free one anyway, which has been reigned in significantly, even at some of the best properties.

Cityguy1 Jul 24, 2018 2:11 am

Originally Posted by longmanzz (Post 30004961)
hi, booking Prive will get me the full breakfast. I wonder if that replaces the globalist benefit or is additional.

As a Hyatt Prive travel agent, I can confirm that you'll get the better of the Prive breakfast or the Globalist breakfast. The Prive breakfast is typically better, since as mentioned, if the hotel has a Club Lounge and you book a Prive rate, you won't be obliged to enjoy the breakfast in the Club Lounge, but rather you can enjoy a full breakfast in the main restaurant. The Prive breakfast does not include room service unless the hotel exceptionally permits this.

Feel free to PM me for more information. I have a great relationship with Andaz 5th Avenue and have been very successful with upgrades there!

Thanks.

KristenNix Jul 24, 2018 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Cityguy1 (Post 30006921)
I have a great relationship with Andaz 5th Avenue and have been very successful with upgrades there!

+1. Andaz 5th Avenue is very supportive of the Privé program and is always a pleasure to work with :)

Central90210 Jul 24, 2018 8:12 am

I have a similar question regarding Hyatt Prive - for 4th night free bookings, do I get night credits for the 4th/ free night? My hotel says no..

Cityguy1 Jul 24, 2018 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Central90210 (Post 30007667)
I have a similar question regarding Hyatt Prive - for 4th night free bookings, do I get night credits for the 4th/ free night? My hotel says no..

Correct - you only earn night credit on paid nights, so any "free" nights part of a 3rd/4th/5th night free would not earn any night credit. The only "free" nights that earn night credit are points nights. Hope that helps!

jameswes Jul 24, 2018 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Central90210 (Post 30007667)

Regardless of Prive vs special rates, if HYATT is providing the free night, then you do not get night credit.

If you are using Citi Prestige to get the 4th night free, then Hyatt gets paid and you get night/stay credit.

Kacee Jul 24, 2018 8:44 am

Originally Posted by longmanzz (Post 30004961)

Demand your two breakfasts!!!

jja34-1 Jul 24, 2018 9:20 am

Originally Posted by KristenNix (Post 30007486)
+1. Andaz 5th Avenue is very supportive of the Privé program and is always a pleasure to work with :)

My experience was exactly the opposite. Not only were they not supportive of Prive benefits, but staff including management, were unhelpful and basically tried to accuse my Prive agent as having misrepresented the program. I've had several Prive stays and my stay at Andaz 5th Avenue, which was for a special occasion, was the worst.

Kacee Jul 24, 2018 9:27 am

Originally Posted by jja34-1 (Post 30007935)
My experience was exactly the opposite. Not only were they not supportive of Prive benefits, but staff including management, were unhelpful and basically tried to accuse my Prive agent as having misrepresented the program. I've had several Prive stays and my stay at Andaz 5th Avenue, which was for a special occasion, was the worst.

There's an awful lot of aggressive pitching of Prive booking services in this forum lately, which seems to me a violation of FT rules. Caveat Emptor.

jja34-1 Jul 24, 2018 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30007956)
There's an awful lot of aggressive pitching of Prive booking services in this forum lately, which seems to me a violation of FT rules. Caveat Emptor.

I agree with you generally but that was not the root of my issues. My travel agent is not on FT (that I know of) and has always been reliable. In this case it was definitely the hotel dropping the ball. Every other Hyatt I've stayed at on a Prive rate has been much better.

Markie Jul 24, 2018 11:20 am

No More Commercial Posts please.
This is against the rules of the board

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt

MSPeconomist Jul 25, 2018 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Cityguy1 (Post 30007700)
Correct - you only earn night credit on paid nights, so any "free" nights part of a 3rd/4th/5th night free would not earn any night credit. The only "free" nights that earn night credit are points nights. Hope that helps!

My Hyatt Concierge says otherwise.

josephstern Jul 25, 2018 2:20 pm

For sure, the credit card and qualification level free nights DO count now.

martinplas Jul 25, 2018 3:45 pm

I just did one of the St. Kits 4th night free stays and the free night was not credited towards my status. I received 3 nights credit

josephstern Jul 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Figures that Hyatt would make these changes to include other award nights, but not really go all the way here.

platbrownguy Jul 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 30008374)
No More Commercial Posts please.
This is against the rules of the board

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt

+10000000

caliform Jul 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by martinplas (Post 30013236)
I just did one of the St. Kits 4th night free stays and the free night was not credited towards my status. I received 3 nights credit

Yep, I believe this is SOP. Makes sense, if you ain't paying for it, why get credit for it?

josephstern Jul 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by caliform (Post 30016720)
Yep, I believe this is SOP. Makes sense, if you ain't paying for it, why get credit for it?

You're paying for that more than you are for the free night award you get from the Chase credit card.

For the credit card free night award, you have to pay an annual fee of $75.

For this, you have to pay for three nights at the hotel.

caliform Jul 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Well, feel free to take it to your Concierge or Hyatt Corporate and let me know how it goes. As far as I know, there's no credit for the 4th night.

josephstern Jul 26, 2018 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by caliform (Post 30016791)
Well, feel free to take it to your Concierge or Hyatt Corporate and let me know how it goes. As far as I know, there's no credit for the 4th night.

That's fine if there's no credit. I'm just disputing your logic for why there's no credit.

SQ421 Mar 1, 2019 8:55 pm

Any experiences from Globalists re. how the Prive benefit of a complimentary upgrade operate with the Globalist benefit of upgrade to a base category suite wherever available? Would staying on a Prive rate at a property that usually puts Globalists into a base category suite see me bumped further into a premium suite?

I've emailed my conceirge to ask the exact question but figured I'd seek inputs from the hive mind here as well!

Aventine Mar 1, 2019 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by SQ421 (Post 30837572)
Any experiences from Globalists re. how the Prive benefit of a complimentary upgrade operate with the Globalist benefit of upgrade to a base category suite wherever available? Would staying on a Prive rate at a property that usually puts Globalists into a base category suite see me bumped further into a premium suite?

I've emailed my conceirge to ask the exact question but figured I'd seek inputs from the hive mind here as well!

For me, my agent had a good relationship with the property and the Prive upgrade came confirmed and beyond a Grand suite. YMMV.

enox5 Mar 2, 2019 5:42 am

Does Prive not significantly reduce the value of having status with Hyatt anyway?

Aventine Mar 2, 2019 5:59 am

Originally Posted by enox5 (Post 30838402)
Does Prive not significantly reduce the value of having status with Hyatt anyway?

It's a nice add-on and Globalist still means something since Prive does not cover the entire Hyatt footprint.

VegasGambler Mar 9, 2019 12:32 am

If the difference between the member rate and the standard (prive) rate over the course of the stay is less than the hotel credit I will do Prive. Otherwise I'll just pay the cheapest available member rate.

I find that the most valuable benefit of globalist is the waived resort/destination fees, and there's no overlap between that and prive. I suppose that for a family the breakfast might have a lot more value (since it's a per-person value) but I often travel solo and the resort/destination fee is often more than I would actually pay for breakfast.

Prive clearly has more value for those who have low or no status, but even as globalist the value is often there, especially for short stays.

enox5 Mar 9, 2019 12:38 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30864892)
If the difference between the member rate and the standard (prive) rate over the course of the stay is less than the hotel credit I will do Prive. Otherwise I'll just pay the cheapest available member rate.

I find that the most valuable benefit of globalist is the waived resort/destination fees, and there's no overlap between that and prive. I suppose that for a family the breakfast might have a lot more value (since it's a per-person value) but I often travel solo and the resort/destination fee is often more than I would actually pay for breakfast.

Prive clearly has more value for those who have low or no status, but even as globalist the value is often there, especially for short stays.

Globalist requires 55/60 nights per year. If you can get benefits at a fair chunk of Hyatt properties through Prive/Virtuoso/AMEX FHR, then it gives less reason to give Hyatt so much business. Much better to free yourself of the burden, and try out more hotels! It's not like Hyatt is going out of their way to say thanks for you giving so much business to them..

VegasGambler Mar 9, 2019 12:59 am

Originally Posted by enox5 (Post 30864899)
Globalist requires 55/60 nights per year. If you can get benefits at a fair chunk of Hyatt properties through Prive/Virtuoso/AMEX FHR, then it gives less reason to give Hyatt so much business. Much better to free yourself of the burden, and try out more hotels! It's not like Hyatt is going out of their way to say thanks for you giving so much business to them..

What? Why? That doesn't make sense. Why should I pay an extra $1500 or so per year in resort fees, and give up all my suite upgrades (both at check-in and confirmed through upgrade awards), and all my breakfasts when I'm not on a Prive rate, and the lounge access?

Prive rate gets you a room-to-room upgrade (generally worthless; usually same room on a higher floor) and a restaurant breakfast, and a hotel credit. I won't pay for it if the credit does not offset the rate difference.

Prive does not get you waived resort fees (say, $1500/year), free breakfasts on your other stays, lounge access (often including free drinks), suite upgrades at check-in, confirmed suite upgrades for 4 stays per year, a free cat 1-4 night, a free cat 1-7 night, or a 30% bonus to points earned.

Globalist status is worth about $3k per year to me. Why would I give that up again?

enox5 Mar 9, 2019 1:10 am

Everyone's situation is different. So for you it may be worth it

But the existence and expansion of these programs, makes earning status the hard way less valuable for many people

Also Hyatt's footprint is not great, so you are limiting yourself to the hotels you stay in. I personally take value in being able to try different hotels in the same location, but you may not

Also, the best Hyatt hotels will be on Prive/Virtuoso/AMEX FHR, so you would still get benefits at the most desirable properties

Every year, hotels reward their elites less and less. At the same time, they offer more and more through credit cards. I just don't think earning status the hard way, is as attractive as it used to be

OsakaWino Mar 9, 2019 1:27 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30864937)
What? Why? That doesn't make sense. Why should I pay an extra $1500 or so per year in resort fees, and give up all my suite upgrades (both at check-in and confirmed through upgrade awards), and all my breakfasts when I'm not on a Prive rate, and the lounge access?

Prive rate gets you a room-to-room upgrade (generally worthless; usually same room on a higher floor) and a restaurant breakfast, and a hotel credit. I won't pay for it if the credit does not offset the rate difference.

Prive does not get you waived resort fees (say, $1500/year), free breakfasts on your other stays, lounge access (often including free drinks), suite upgrades at check-in, confirmed suite upgrades for 4 stays per year, a free cat 1-4 night, a free cat 1-7 night, or a 30% bonus to points earned.

Globalist status is worth about $3k per year to me. Why would I give that up again?

Are you sure resort fees are not waived for Globs staying on a Prive rate? The T&C say they are waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate. Prive is an eligible rate.

In any case, the post you quoted said less reason, not no reason. There are a lot of reasons for a lot of people why it does make sense not to go too far out of their way to pursue Glob, especially with the availability of Prive, Virtuoso, etc.

VegasGambler Mar 9, 2019 10:10 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino (Post 30864974)
Are you sure resort fees are not waived for Globs staying on a Prive rate? The T&C say they are waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate. Prive is an eligible rate.

Of course they are. I didn't say that they weren't.

The post was suggesting giving up globalist and just paying the Prive rate because you "get the benefits" anyway. And my point is that that's ridiculous. The only "globalist benefit" that a non-globalist gets on a Prive rate is breakfast. Globalist has so much more value than just breakfast.

OsakaWino Mar 9, 2019 9:13 pm

[QUOTE=VegasGambler;30864937]Prive does not get you waived resort fees (say, $1500/year)/QUOTE]

VegasGambler Mar 9, 2019 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino (Post 30867788)
(quoting me) Prive does not get you waived resort fees (say, $1500/year)

Yes, exactly. The prive rate does not get you the waived resort fee. Being globalist does. A non-globalist would have to pay the resort fee, even on a prive rate.

The assertion was that if you are paying the prive rate, you are "getting the benefits" of globalist anyway, so there is no point in getting the status. And my point was that that is simply not true -- being globalist can easily save you $3000/year, even if you often pay the Prive rate.

AirbusFan2B Mar 23, 2019 8:10 pm

Slowly trying to figure out this Privé thing... If I want to stay at a Hyatt Unbound property this summer, how do I find out if the property is Privé compatible? And I need to book it via a luxury travel agent like Virtuoso - any luxury site or can only certain ones access certain properties for the Privé program?

VegasGambler Mar 23, 2019 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B (Post 30922275)
[left]Slowly trying to figure out this Privé thing... If I want to stay at a Hyatt Unbound property this summer, how do I find out if the property is Privé compatible? /left]

Go to the website of a travel agent that does Privé bookings and see if it's on the list. There are many of them. A google search for "Hyatt Prive travel agent" will find you one quite easily.

And I need to book it via a luxury travel agent like Virtuoso - any luxury site or can only certain ones access certain properties for the Privé program?[
I think any agent who is in the program can access any property in the program.

FWIW the unbound properties that currently take part are:

Carmelo Resort & Spa
Hôtel du Louvre
Hotel Martinez
Jinmao Hotel Lijiang
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
The Bellevue Hotel
The Confidante Miami Beach
The Driskill
The Eliza Jane