Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Front desk staff misunderstanding Globalist benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Front desk staff misunderstanding Globalist benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DltaSchmlta
Just stayed at Miraval with my wife. Resort fees are 23% of daily rate. Daily rate was $459 per person per night. Even if you share a room they set up individual accounts. At checkout my $300+ in resort fees were waived but my wife was billed. Had to argue with them at checkout. Was asked if my wife was glob also. They did remove them. Having to negotiate for stated benefits at checkout negates the relaxation you are supposed to get after a stay at Miraval.
Usually resort fees are charged on a per room per night basis, not per person per night, even though IMO the latter would seem to be more logical. Two people use two beach chairs, two beach towels, might make twice as many free phone calls, etc.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:40 pm

They tried to do that when I stayed last year as well. I argued and eventually they took them off. The terms seem clear to me, and no hotel charges 2 resort fees for 1 room but they are doing it just to try and recoup the nightly credit per person and increase profit on glob rooms.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:33 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I now understand why Hyatt Headquarters does not want individual properties to do their own bonuses / amenities.

Checked in to HP Grand Rapids South for one night. I was informed that I had "won" ... and there's only one winner per day ... the "Guest Of Honor" for the day. So I could have my choice of a free dessert, two free sodas, or 200 bonus points.

I chose the points. Late to arrive, early to depart ... the points were more meaningful to me that then other options.

Then I asked about my bottle of water. "Sir, the computer selected you as Guest of Honor, so you don't get any other benefits."

Wow. Just wow.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I now understand why Hyatt Headquarters does not want individual properties to do their own bonuses / amenities.

Checked in to HP Grand Rapids South for one night. I was informed that I had "won" ... and there's only one winner per day ... the "Guest Of Honor" for the day. So I could have my choice of a free dessert, two free sodas, or 200 bonus points.

I chose the points. Late to arrive, early to depart ... the points were more meaningful to me that then other options.

Then I asked about my bottle of water. "Sir, the computer selected you as Guest of Honor, so you don't get any other benefits."

Wow. Just wow.
.........uhhh... I'm speechless

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.