Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Promotion: get 10% of points back for aug-sept 18 redemptions (cc holders only)

Promotion: get 10% of points back for aug-sept 18 redemptions (cc holders only)

Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:31 pm

Ouch! A couple of weeks ago, I moved a points stay back a day from 9/27-30 to 9/28-10/1 to save on flights. At least it was worth more than the 3K points. Maybe there will be some other promo starting Oct 1?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:02 am

Anyone know how long it usually takes for this kind of promotion to post to your account? Do we need to wait until the end of the promotion to get the points? I had a 100k stay at the beginning of August, but I booked it last year.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:00 pm

Any data points on this promotion with Guest of Honor bookings? As I read the T+C, I see nothing that says I shouldn't get the rebate for redeeming my points in this manner (it clearly states not even tied to award nights specifically). I was told it wouldn't count by Hyatt's twitter team, but when I asked them to point me to where it stated they didn't in the T+C, they just gave me the runaround. I had about 100K points spent for GoH bookings in the last month, so clearly it's worth finding out for sure and pushing back a bit.

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
Any data points on this promotion with Guest of Honor bookings? As I read the T+C, I see nothing that says I shouldn't get the rebate for redeeming my points in this manner (it clearly states not even tied to award nights specifically). I was told it wouldn't count by Hyatt's twitter team, but when I asked them to point me to where it stated they didn't in the T+C, they just gave me the runaround. I had about 100K points spent for GoH bookings in the last month, so clearly it's worth finding out for sure and pushing back a bit.

Thanks
With similar promo last year, I was anlble to get the 10% as the actual guest ...provided I linked my acct to the reservation. Not sure you'd geet 10% back as the actual globalist.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Anyone have points post?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:56 am
Original Poster

I haven't--looking forward to getting 30k points back. I haven't had a 300k award stay in a long time, so glad it landed during this promo (I checked out of the hotel about a week ago)
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Anyone have points post?

I haven't. Waiting for about 10,000 points for stays between Aug 5-10. Promo says 6-8 weeks, hopefully they will post.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I've only had one 5,000-point redemption, but no rebate yet.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:11 pm

No rebate for me yet. Maybe they're just waiting until the whole thing is over.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Same boat here, waiting.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

has anyone gotten info from Hyatt on when these might post? I'd like to cancel my existing cc and sign up for the new Hyatt card, but don't want to do it until these points post
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
This promotion is valid only for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers and World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who register for the promotion between 7/16/2018 and 8/31/2018. To qualify for this offer, account must be open at the time of fulfillment. Only points redeemed between 8/1/2018 and 9/30/2018 will be eligible for this promotion. If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by 9/30/2018. You will receive 10% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points you redeem for award stays, points + cash, suite upgrades, dining and spa services during this period. Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for this promotion.

Please allow 6-8 weeks after your point redemption has been completed for your Bonus Points to be loaded into your World of Hyatt account.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:49 am

Coming up on 6 weeks here and still no bonus points.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:10 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I wonder what happens if you had one (HGP) credit card when you registered for the promotion, had NO Hyatt credit card during some of the stays, and had a different (WoH) credit card at the end of the promotion?

I'm guessing their I.T. system can't handle this scenario, but it's just a wild guess.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I wonder what happens if you had one (HGP) credit card when you registered for the promotion, had NO Hyatt credit card during some of the stays, and had a different (WoH) credit card at the end of the promotion?

I'm guessing their I.T. system can't handle this scenario, but it's just a wild guess.
We'll find out, as I cancelled the old card and got a new one in the middle of this. I suspect (and hope) that it's a sticky bit that's flipped on your account when you register. We'll see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.