Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Extending expiration on free hyatt nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extending expiration on free hyatt nights?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
At least Hyatt policy is very clear, not like Marriott policy. If they make one exception, people ask for more and more exceptions.
they clearly DO make exceptions as you can see from the earlier posts of people getting 5-10k in points
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:26 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by BaconSF

they clearly DO make exceptions as you can see from the earlier posts of people getting 5-10k in points
I think this was before, not the most recent.
iflyjetz and joe_miami like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold

The exceptions in 2019 have mostly, if not entirely, been for Globalists, and I believe a few of them have been shot down.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:33 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by joe_miami
The exceptions in 2019 have mostly, if not entirely, been for Globalists, and I believe a few of them have been shot down.
Yes, my impression is that Hyatt rep has been mainly stick to the rules, not open to exceptions on annual reward night and category change etc....
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by RedSun
Yes, my impression is that Hyatt rep has been mainly stick to the rules, not open to exceptions on annual reward night and category change etc....
That sounds correct. Exceptions are getting very, very few if at all. And one has to be a Glob.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:21 pm

was able to get 10k points, told them I’ll hit Globalist by October and have the stays already booked for September to make it happen.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

was able to get 10k points, told them I’ll hit Globalist by October and have the stays already booked for September to make it happen.
Dang. I was on the phone today for quite a while doing a few rez and had a great rapport with the agent. At the end of the call I asked about any options for a cert expiring this week. Agent was nice but gave me a firm no. I'm only Explorist though.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Dang. I was on the phone today for quite a while doing a few rez and had a great rapport with the agent. At the end of the call I asked about any options for a cert expiring this week. Agent was nice but gave me a firm no. I'm only Explorist though.
They never give points before an award expires, for fairly obvious reasons. You can try again after expiration, but non-Globalists don’t seem to have much luck anymore.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
So. I had a cat 1-4 cert that was set to expire this week. I called globalist line 2 days before expiration, spoke to someone who was very, very tight lipped about points being given for expired certificates. She stressed, "at this point, you have to use it before it expires." Refused to say anything about points being given after the expiration.

Two days after expiration, quick email to concierge, got 10k points, supposedly the max that can be given for expired cat 1-4 cert. I requalifed already this year..
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:10 pm
zxd

Programs: A3
My free night expires in 20 days...can I post-reserve something far out? Like in a couple of weeks?

If so, what happens if you then cancel that? Do you get the night back?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zxd
My free night expires in 20 days...can I post-reserve something far out? Like in a couple of weeks?

If so, what happens if you then cancel that? Do you get the night back?
It must be used by the expiration date.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:04 pm
zxd

Programs: A3
But it let's me book past the expiration date...so would that reservation just not be valid ?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zxd
But it let's me book past the expiration date...so would that reservation just not be valid ?
No, you’ll get hit with the cash rate for that night if you try to use an expired award past the expiration date.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zxd
The reservation is valid but without a valid award cert attached when you check in. You either have to come up with points or cash. IOW, you can lock in room type inventory but you need another form of payment at check in.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
What I was told in the last few days is an absolute rule now. I was only looking for 48 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.