Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Extending expiration on free hyatt nights?

Extending expiration on free hyatt nights?

Old Nov 21, 19, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Have there been any recent examples of Hyatt giving points for expired Chase nights? Just got shot down when I called.
Old Nov 21, 19, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AwardBee View Post
Have there been any recent examples of Hyatt giving points for expired Chase nights? Just got shot down when I called.
Iíve heard itís only for Globalists now.
Old Nov 21, 19, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
We had what I would call a moderate emergency and needed to stay overnight at a Hyatt property Cat 4 very last minute. Free night had expired the month before. I explained the situation and asked if they might make an exception and allow us to use the expired cert. Was on hold a bit and got a hard no ultimately. My feeling at the time, given what I told the rep about our situation, was that if they were ever going to allow it, they would have then (out of sympathy if nothing else). But no. I'm Explorist.
Old Nov 21, 19, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
We had what I would call a moderate emergency and needed to stay overnight at a Hyatt property Cat 4 very last minute. Free night had expired the month before. I explained the situation and asked if they might make an exception and allow us to use the expired cert. Was on hold a bit and got a hard no ultimately. My feeling at the time, given what I told the rep about our situation, was that if they were ever going to allow it, they would have then (out of sympathy if nothing else). But no. I'm Explorist.
Thats not a pleasant situation to be in, sorry that happened.

From what Iíve read itís only Globalists who get something, and even Globs only get points back usually 10k points which are put in as a ďcourtesy adjustmentĒ for the Cat 1-4 or 20k points for a Cat 1-7 Cert. But I donít think theyíd reinstate it for a Glob for an emergency even.
Old Nov 21, 19, 6:43 pm

I had started a thread on this a while back oh, I am globalist so I think that definitely has something to do with it. They have routinely giving me points for certs that I can't use there hasn't been a time when they haven't given me points.
Old Dec 1, 19, 2:58 am

I've called in and haven't been able to get a straight answer.

If I have a free night cert that expires January 15th, as long as I book a room before January 15th may I use it on a night after January 15th?

Cert expires Jan 15th, can I book a room say March 15?

TIA!
Old Dec 1, 19, 3:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jesperss View Post
I've called in and haven't been able to get a straight answer.

If I have a free night cert that expires January 15th, as long as I book a room before January 15th may I use it on a night after January 15th?

Cert expires Jan 15th, can I book a room say March 15?

TIA!
No, it must be used by Jan. 15, and not a day later.
Old Dec 1, 19, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
No, it must be used by Jan. 15, and not a day later.
+1

It must be used for a Stay beginning on or before January 15th.
Old Dec 1, 19, 5:47 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
+1

No, it must be used for a stay ending on or before 15 January. It could not be used for a stay the night of 15 January, checking out on the 16th, for example.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 1, 19, 10:08 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LGLO
+1

no, as @skj says, check-out date must occur during the validity. i.e. latest check-out is January 15.
Old Dec 1, 19, 12:54 pm

thanks everyone for your detailed replies!
Old Dec 1, 19, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
no, as @skj says, check-out date must occur during the validity. i.e. latest check-out is January 15.
Originally Posted by skj View Post
No, it must be used for a stay ending on or before 15 January. It could not be used for a stay the night of 15 January, checking out on the 16th, for example.
Not true, I have a Cat 1-7 Certificate expiring April 18th, I tried booking a stay for April 18th leaving on the 19th and it worked Booking a Promotional Free Night Award.
Old Dec 1, 19, 1:26 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LGLO
Not true, I have a Cat 1-7 Certificate expiring April 18th, I tried booking a stay for April 18th leaving on the 19th and it worked Booking a Promotional Free Night Award.
read the 1st sentence. I think that says it all. same for Cat1-7.

Last edited by 59Impala; Dec 1, 19 at 2:16 pm
Old Dec 1, 19, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Last I knew, the system will let you book free nights past the expiration date, but they won't be honored at check-in.

As for needing to check in or check out by the expiration date, the terms ("redeemed upon check-in") make this somewhat confusing. If the free night awards are, indeed, redeemed upon check-in, then a Dec. 1 check-in should work for a free night expiring on Dec. 1, but I don't believe that's how it works in practice.
Old Dec 1, 19, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Last I knew, the system will let you book free nights past the expiration date, but they won't be honored at check-in.

As for needing to check in or check out by the expiration date, the terms ("redeemed upon check-in") make this somewhat confusing. If the free night awards are, indeed, redeemed upon check-in, then a Dec. 1 check-in should work for a free night expiring on Dec. 1, but I don't believe that's how it works in practice.
Iíll email Globalist Concierge for a definitive answer. If you are able to successfully book it and you arrive at the hotel it should be honored. I mean what happens in that situation?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: