Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Extending expiration on free hyatt nights?

Extending expiration on free hyatt nights?

Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mirob
Called to ask about an expired Cat 1-4 Chase free night certificate and was told this isn't possible since it's a Chase certificate (and not their own certificate) but later asked for points courtesy, was transferred to the manager and they were happy to issue this one-time courtesy credit of 10,000 points.

It used to be their policy but is no longer, so the managers are nice to do this credit as a one-time point courtesy. It looks like it will work for most of 2019.
Are you globalist?

Data points suggest that they will usually do it for globalists but not for anyone else (maybe you will very rarely find someone to do it for you as a non-globalist)

I'm guessing that doing it for globalists is an unpublished policy, but it's hard to be sure. So, there is always a risk.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:35 pm

I have a Cat 1-4 expiring on Mon and don't think I can use it (kicking myself for paying cash at a Cat 4 in Jan). Is it better to just mattress run with it for 1 qualifying night at the local HP (Cat 3) or let it expire and count on the courtesy points afterward? I'm a Globalist lite if that might affect my chances of the courtesy.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
I have a Cat 1-4 expiring on Mon and don't think I can use it (kicking myself for paying cash at a Cat 4 in Jan). Is it better to just mattress run with it for 1 qualifying night at the local HP (Cat 3) or let it expire and count on the courtesy points afterward? I'm a Globalist lite if that might affect my chances of the courtesy.
please try for our sake
craigthemif likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
They're not supposed to give points anymore. If you don't have a concierge, you're taking a risk by not using it, but unless you really need that one qualifying night, it's probably worth the gamble.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
Originally Posted by joe_miami
They're not supposed to give points anymore. If you don't have a concierge, you're taking a risk by not using it, but unless you really need that one qualifying night, it's probably worth the gamble.

1500 promo points for the HP mattress run as well. So 1 elite night + 1,500 points versus a lottery ticket...
Old May 9, 2019, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Yes, but only if the person enrolled. Deadline passed long ago.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I emailed my concierge last week and she told me to email her back after the cert expired and she would see what she could do for me. Sounded very vague, but looks to be some hope at the end of the tunnel. I have a cert expiring Saturday, and I really would just rather be at home.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:24 pm

Still giving out 10K for 1-4 chase certs

called in tonight regarding my chase 1-4 free night that expired earlier in may. was put on hold for 10 minutes or so, rep came back and let me know she was able to get 10,000 points for me for the expired night. No mention of any new policy or it being a one time exception. Discoverer status with just 2 qualifying nights and 13K base points YTD.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Expiring 1-7 award

Originally Posted by nbecks
called in tonight regarding my chase 1-4 free night that expired earlier in may. was put on hold for 10 minutes or so, rep came back and let me know she was able to get 10,000 points for me for the expired night. No mention of any new policy or it being a one time exception. Discoverer status with just 2 qualifying nights and 13K base points YTD.

Had a few stays this month that I could've used award but nothing cat 7 or high point so I decided to call and get 20k points. After 3 calls and twitter all saying nothing they can do I burned it at local Hyatt place. Was too tired to travel to nyc for the night and park Hyatt wasn't available.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
I was unsuccessful in converting my expired cat 1-4 award cert into points with Explorist hotline and Hyatt senior manager. They would not budge
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:21 pm

My free night expired 6/10 and I realized it on 6/11. Called Hyatt, spoke to customer service and manager, nothing. Sent a tweet, they responded saying they can't do anything and call Chase. Called Chase, nothing they could do, blamed Hyatt. Tweeted to Hyatt that Chase blamed them, they did nothing.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:50 am

Called the Globalist line a couple months ago and was successful in converting my expired cat 1-7 cert into 20k points. No mention of a new policy.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Have the people who got turned down tried to HUCA? I'm just one person but it worked for me.

I suspect some of the people in this thread have no first hand experience extending Hyatt free nights, and are just regurgitating other people's speculation.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Hyatt extended your free night? I don't recall any examples of Hyatt ever doing that, as opposed to giving points.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by jn in ca
Have the people who got turned down tried to HUCA? I'm just one person but it worked for me.

I suspect some of the people in this thread have no first hand experience extending Hyatt free nights, and are just regurgitating other people's speculation.
I tried 3x and nothing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.