Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Seattle - Grand Hyatt or Olive 8 for Globalist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Wondering which hotel is better to stay in Seattle as a Globalist - The Grand Hyatt or Olive 8?

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:17 pm

For breakfast Olive 8 (no club lounge but good restaurant). Upgrade to suites, better chance at GH.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: Globallist
Olive 8 is one of my favorite Hyatt’s.

i prefer the Olive8 for the following reasons.

As a Globalist

Breakfast
spa/steam/pool
rooms. Luxury king. Great room. Have been upgraded to Presidential or Govenor suite 4-5 times.
olive8. A green hotel. Modern

both are great. My preference olive 8
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I agree with Olive 8 -- breakfast benefit being the primary thing.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Olive 8 might be better but the Grand Hyatt is really nice and so I don't think you'll go wrong with either properties ... its probably based on which benefits you prefer (i.e. full breakfast vs. lounge breakfast and evening snacks).
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM; AS; GP D; HH D
I've had more suite upgrades at the Grand, but the breakfast at Olive 8 wins
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Which one is closer and less uphill from the light rail station (Westlake?) on the airport line?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
The GH is a Hyatt Prive property and therefore booking via that rate would give you a full restaurant (not club) breakfast for 2 in addition to the other Hyatt Prive perks (room upgrade confirmed within 24 hours of booking, $100 credit, welcome amenity, VIP status and more. Send me a PM for more info!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:17 am

Both are right by each other, and not that far from the light rail.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Which one is closer and less uphill from the light rail station (Westlake?) on the airport line?
As mentioned above - Olive 8 and GH are a block apart. Technically GH is a little closer (you walk past the entrance for GH before turning left onto 8th), but that shouldn't be a deciding factor.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
As mentioned above - Olive 8 and GH are a block apart. Technically GH is a little closer (you walk past the entrance for GH before turning left onto 8th), but that shouldn't be a deciding factor.
Save yourself a half a block and turn left on the alley between 7th and 8th directly across the street from the main GH entrance.

Agree with others here. I like the feel of the olive 8 better because it is a smaller hotel. GH feels like a giant convention hotel. Olive 8 rooms are more modern. More suites so more upgrade opportunities at the GH. Breakfast is much better at the olive 8 but no lounge so no evening snacks. Olive 8 also has spa and nicer gym.

Overall I would go with olive 8 unless I really needed a suite and an upgrade was confirmable with TSU at GH but not O8.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Olive 8 hands down better hotel for me and the breakfast is over the top. The crab Benedict is amazing
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Going to add another vote for the Olive 8. Nothing wrong with the GH, it's just a very convention-y hotel. Last time I was there, there was a convention of proctologists happening and they had a giant inflatable colon in the downstairs lobby.

It was... interesting.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:28 pm

Apparently it doesn't matter ... they are "eye-dentical"
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
which one for 40 somethings?

Using GofH benefit from a Globalist friend I'm going to be treating my son & his wife to a weekend in Seattle later this year. They are 40 yr. olds and will be walking & using public transport.

Olive 8 ++ are better breakfast and possibly a better chance for a room u/g.

GH ++ are club lounge with so-so breakfast, light dinner & discounted drinks.

Which one do you think they would prefer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.