Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Seattle - Grand Hyatt or Olive 8 for Globalist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle - Grand Hyatt or Olive 8 for Globalist

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:25 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I'm 40 something and I prefer Olive 8. But it really depends on the kind of trip they're planning and whether having a sit down breakfast is of more value than access to light snacks and beverages throughout the day
philemer likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
I'm 40 something and I prefer Olive 8. But it really depends on the kind of trip they're planning and whether having a sit down breakfast is of more value than access to light snacks and beverages throughout the day
Both hotels are solid but are very different (despite being across the street from each other).

I'd go with the olive 8 if on vacation. I'd have the time to enjoy the (superior) sit down breakfast in the restaurant (or room service up to $28 pp last time i was there) and I'd be out and about in the evenings and would not head back to the hotel just to grab some run of the mill snacks. Even if I was back in the hotel in early evening, i'd probably pay for drinks at the olive 8 as their bar is pretty solid.

Odds of an upgrade are probably higher at the grand since i think they have more suites. But it is a big convention hotel with a lot of marble and dark wood. In a place like seattle where there's plenty to do during the day you don't need that much space anyway so i'd still stick with the olive 8.
philemer likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, UA Gold
Had a lovely stay at the Olive 8, which was unexpectedly crowded due to local families booking hotel rooms to escape the heat wave. Despite the hotel being at close to capacity, it didn't feel overly crowded. Pluses: love the luxury king suite--huge living room, wet bar, extra half bath. There is no more sit-down or room service breakfast due to Covid restrictions. You can order what you want at the small market --mainly bagel sandwiches (delicious) & coffee drinks--and charges are waived for Globalists.
moyafmx likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
I'm shocked the bagel sandwich was delicious given the entire city lacks a decent bagel.

And also glad you had a good stay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.