Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2x elite stats credit at Andaz July 1-August 31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x elite stats credit at Andaz July 1-August 31

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:54 am
Original Poster

2x elite status credit at Andaz July 1-August 31

Just GIVING the status away like always. Hyatt clearly desperate to make it easy to get status.

Last edited by antonius66; Jul 1, 2018 at 10:00 am
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The T&C’s say:

You must be a member of World of Hyatt to participate in promotion. To join World of Hyatt, visit worldofhyatt.com. All eligible nights under this promotion must have a checkout date from July 1, 2018 through August 31, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). Each eligible night completed at Andaz properties during the Promotion Period will count as two (2) nights, instead of one (1), for the purpose of tier qualification for Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist status. The extra night credit will also count towards benefits and awards that explicitly require a certain number of qualifying nights. For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay. Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of check-in for each stay. Promotional nights earned for stays completed with a checkout date between July 1 and July 31 will be deposited in your account the first week in August and promotional nights earned for stays completed with a checkout date between August 1 and August 31 will be deposited in your account the first week in September. All nights associated with this promotion will be posted to your World of Hyatt account (My Past Activity section). Promotion not valid with other offers, promotions or discounts and is non-transferable.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Just GIVING the status away like always. Hyatt clearly desperate to make it easy to get status.
Nonsense. There are very few Andaz hotels and the number of Hyatt loyalists that happen to be staying in these generally pricey hotels during the promotion period is minuscule. I read it as Andaz is having occupancy issues during the Summer, nothing more
bbbb likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Stay 10 nights and get the new credit card and pay for your stays and a little more and suddenly you have 27-29 nights for staying 10. Yeah, no giveaway here.

This year alone we've seen:
- double elite credits at Andaz
- award nights counting for status
- a card that gives 5 free nights
- same card that gives 2 nights every 5k you spend
- same card gives 4 points per dollar, making it easier to earn points to use on awards that now give credit.
One maybe, but all of those? Clearly they continue to feel the need to mint more "loyal" customers. People like me end up feeling stupid every year for actually dedicating the actual supposed required nights to qualify/requalify.
craigthemif likes this.

Last edited by antonius66; Jul 1, 2018 at 11:00 am
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:00 am

Stay 10 nights and get the new credit card and pay for your stays and a little more and suddenly you have 27-29 nights for staying 10. Yeah, no giveaway here.
So how many people do you think will follow that scenario in the next 60 days-10, 100, maybe 1,000? Not even a blip on the screen.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:02 am
Original Poster

If they didn't think it would move the needle, I highly doubt they would bother with a promo. People always say stuff like that. A company doesn't create a promo thinking that no one will bother with it and it will have no impact on business.

The people it will really affect are the people who are doing 30-40 nights but won't make glob, but now could easily get the card and stay at andaz and suddenly have 55 plus, making them effectively 35-40 night globs, which they supposedly wanted to get rid of.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Do I need a promo code? I have a few nights planned in August.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Award nights count double too?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:36 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
Award nights count double too?
The T&Cs Markie posted say they do ...
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Giving away Globalist-lite was one thing. But between this and the credit card, they're now giving elite nights that qualify people for all the perks.

I suppose Hyatt really just don't care about members who don't live in the US or they'd simply run a double elite promo for Europe, Asia, etc. hotels instead of for a single brand.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:13 pm

If they didn't think it would move the needle, I highly doubt they would bother with a promo.
They are trying to move the needle for the Andaz brand, not WOH. Andaz has a tiny footprint within a brand with a limited footprint. And a small number of rooms. You could fill up all the Andaz hotels with Globalist-seekers for the two months and the effect would still be minimal in the scheme of things for WOH, although it would certainly help Andaz get through a slow Summer. In any event, the promo is so well hidden that only blog readers are likely to know or care about it.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Is this targeted? Signup link?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA
I have 2 weeks booked at an Andaz during this period. I don't see a sign up for this promo. Is it an auto applied 2x?

What is considered an eligible rate? I'm staying on AAA rate.

I'm assuming this is it? No need to sign up?

https://www.hyatt.com/promo/andaz-double-nights-offer?src=corp_sm_chico_andaz_facebk_toolkit_corp_ andaz-woh_nightscounttwice_2018&hycid=corp_andaz-woh_nightscounttwice_2018
Football Fan likes this.

Last edited by theshaun; Jul 1, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

As I understand it, it is automatic. No sign up needed.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others

This year alone we've seen:
- double elite credits at Andaz
- award nights counting for status
- a card that gives 5 free nights
- same card that gives 2 nights every 5k you spend
- same card gives 4 points per dollar, making it easier to earn points to use on awards that now give credit.
One maybe, but all of those? Clearly they continue to feel the need to mint more "loyal" customers. People like me end up feeling stupid every year for actually dedicating the actual supposed required nights to qualify/requalify.
You have access to all of those things if you want. You also get awarded free nights with your status every year that people who don't have that status aren't privy to, which reduces the number of nights you need further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.