Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2x elite stats credit at Andaz July 1-August 31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x elite stats credit at Andaz July 1-August 31

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Are there only 17 Andaz hotels in the world? If so, I don't know if the 2x elite credit is going to make such a big difference. If there were 170 hotels, it would be a different story.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller
Are there only 17 Andaz hotels in the world? If so, I don't know if the 2x elite credit is going to make such a big difference. If there were 170 hotels, it would be a different story.
My point exactly. The idea that this very limited promo will dilute the exclusivity of chain hotel Globalism is overblown.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
I personally think this is a really good promotion.

As others have said, Andaz is a very small brand, and even if every single hotel had every single room filled with Globalist seekers, it would barely move the needle for WoH.

On the contrary, this might expose people who are already members of WoH and have never stayed in an Andaz to the brand. I personally didn't stay in any Andaz for the first several years of my Hyatt membership (only Grand, Regency and Park, in my early years), and was amazed with how much I liked the brand after I tried it out.

I will actually "benefit" from this promo as I actually just checked into an Andaz today for a 2-week stay ... but I would have re-earned globalist this year anyway, so this perhaps gets me some mild additional benefits (I'll be over 70 nights after this stay), but realistically those benefits aren't worth all that much -- I never use all four TSU's, and 10,000 points wouldn't even pay for one night at an Andaz.

Summary -- in hard costs, this doesn't really cost Hyatt much, but the potential upsides for Andaz are huge. I hope Andaz gets more customers, and they are able to justify building more properties -- my biggest complaint about Hyatt is the comparatively small number of properties.

I'm not sure where everyone who complains about "too many globalists" are staying, but I've been able to consistently redeem TSU's when I want to, generally get good complimentary upgrades, and the breakfast/recognition has also generally been great.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Too bad I don't have a way to take advantage. I'm not likely to step foot anywhere that has an Andaz in the next couple of months anyways. Oh well, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by antonius66
Stay 10 nights and get the new credit card and pay for your stays and a little more and suddenly you have 27-29 nights for staying 10. Yeah, no giveaway here.

This year alone we've seen:
- double elite credits at Andaz
- award nights counting for status
- a card that gives 5 free nights
- same card that gives 2 nights every 5k you spend
- same card gives 4 points per dollar, making it easier to earn points to use on awards that now give credit.
One maybe, but all of those? Clearly they continue to feel the need to mint more "loyal" customers. People like me end up feeling stupid every year for actually dedicating the actual supposed required nights to qualify/requalify.
The double elite Andaz thing is so narrowly focused that it isn't worth commenting on.

As for award nights that count for status, that is an overall great benefit of the program and something I would wager most feel was a much needed and celebrated move. For me, the best part is that it increases the value of my points -- no longer do I have to scope out Pt+cash rates to burn points without carefully calculating its effect on requalification. Now, I can burn points on full point stays, or on pts+cash, whatever makes the most sense from a purely value perspective.

As for the CC rehaul, that too is much needed. These changes make the card worth actually using, which no doubt will benefit Chase and Hyatt.

For now, I only see the good in all of this. Extra qualifying nights from CC use and holding means something like 10,000 or 20,000 bonus points (or a couple TSUs) when I more hit the extra 70/80/90/100 nights, and an extra cat1-4 when I hit the 15K threshhold is worth ~180$ for me (easily). That is a tangible benefit without any hard, known, tangible costs. Maybe next year, if I am having to fight lounge crowds, can't redeem TSUs and never get an upgrade, I might be singing a different tune. All I know is that this year, my upgrade rate isn't all that good, and my lounge experiences have been relatively mediocre to the point that I would rather just get a restaurant breakfast at a non-club property anyways.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by some dude
I personally think this is a really good promotion.

As others have said, Andaz is a very small brand, and even if every single hotel had every single room filled with Globalist seekers, it would barely move the needle for WoH.

On the contrary, this might expose people who are already members of WoH and have never stayed in an Andaz to the brand. I personally didn't stay in any Andaz for the first several years of my Hyatt membership (only Grand, Regency and Park, in my early years), and was amazed with how much I liked the brand after I tried it out.

I will actually "benefit" from this promo as I actually just checked into an Andaz today for a 2-week stay ... but I would have re-earned globalist this year anyway, so this perhaps gets me some mild additional benefits (I'll be over 70 nights after this stay), but realistically those benefits aren't worth all that much -- I never use all four TSU's, and 10,000 points wouldn't even pay for one night at an Andaz.

Summary -- in hard costs, this doesn't really cost Hyatt much, but the potential upsides for Andaz are huge. I hope Andaz gets more customers, and they are able to justify building more properties -- my biggest complaint about Hyatt is the comparatively small number of properties.

I'm not sure where everyone who complains about "too many globalists" are staying, but I've been able to consistently redeem TSU's when I want to, generally get good complimentary upgrades, and the breakfast/recognition has also generally been great.
For that matter, they could make this permanent. That would really help Andaz -- which I also like -- take off.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I got the email this afternoon and have been wondering whether it's targeted. I've only stayed in Andaz a couple times, IIRC Tokyo, several in NYC (Wall Street and near the public library), West Hollywood, and Napa. There aren't many in the locations I need.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Mistake post

Last edited by hailstorm; Jul 4, 2018 at 4:03 am
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really like almost all the Andaz hotels I've stayed at (not you, San Diego). But even so, this meager promo isn't incentivizing me to book a stay during this period.

I'd say that now, especially, with the new credit card elite night earning structure, this just doesn't do anything for me.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I was originally planned to go to Singapore early Sep, and also try the new Andaz out there, now I am seriously considering moving my trip 1-2 weeks earlier..

I am one of those globalist-lite that struggles to hit 60 this year, so far I'm sitting on 21 nights only. The change of Hyatt program actually hurt me a lot, almost all of my work travel were one night stays. out of the 21 nights I had, it would be 19 stays under the old program (18 if taking out one night on points).

I do hope Hyatt will be running more promotions toward the end of the year, so I know exactly how many more nights I would need and do some mattress run.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I was originally planned to go to Singapore early Sep, and also try the new Andaz out there, now I am seriously considering moving my trip 1-2 weeks earlier..

I am one of those globalist-lite that struggles to hit 60 this year, so far I'm sitting on 21 nights only. The change of Hyatt program actually hurt me a lot, almost all of my work travel were one night stays. out of the 21 nights I had, it would be 19 stays under the old program (18 if taking out one night on points).

I do hope Hyatt will be running more promotions toward the end of the year, so I know exactly how many more nights I would need and do some mattress run.
If you did 60 nights last year for Glob, you only need 55 nights this year for requalification.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you did 60 nights last year for Glob, you only need 55 nights this year for requalification.
I was one of those glob-lite, did 20 nights in a period of 2.5 months.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

I actually did 5 nights at andaz that posted 2 days ago and still haven't seen the extra 5 nights. Anyone gotten credit for an andaz stay yet? Ironically this will put me on pace for 71 nights this year now instead of 66.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
The terms say they will post the extra nights in batches on 8/1 and 9/1.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Ok. Just curious since honestly it does nothing for me anyway and I was staying there before the promo was announced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.