FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018] (Chase) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1916906-woh-credit-card-launched-2018-chase.html)

shakim Jun 28, 2018 7:19 am

WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018] (Chase)

https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/wor...gaAhpLEALw_wcB

Highlights:

60,000 points for $6,000 spend intro offer

4 points per $ at hyatt
2 points per $ at wellness, dining, local transit, air
1 point per $ elsewhere

---

Discoverist status
5 night credit annually
2 night credit for every $5,000 spent
2nd cat 1-4 night at $15,000 spend

josephstern Jun 28, 2018 7:47 am

So $150K for Globalist now?

Seems like every hotel is getting into that game.

Edit: I guess it's $140K, considering you get five nights just for holding the card.

Kacee Jun 28, 2018 8:13 am

$95 annual fee. With the 4x earn, this is actually an appealing card if you plan to spend lots of nights at Hyatt.

shakim Jun 28, 2018 8:23 am

If putting $15k spend, you get 5 nights + 2 nights + 6 nights credit towards status. If already globalist, you get another 2 nights from qualifying, so even at $15k spend on this card one would just need 40 more nights.

jameswes Jun 28, 2018 8:36 am

Dang. I would switch over to this credit card in a heartbeat. If you're already a globalist and hold the cc, then you only need 50 nights to maintain status.

So if you put $15K/year on the card of general spend, you would get:
1 free Cat1-4 cert (annual from card)
1 free Cat 1-4 cert ($15K spend)
5 night credits (annual from card)
6 night credits (3x$5K spend)
15K Hyatt points

So two free 1-4 certs (up to 30K points, call $200-$400 value)
11 night credits (That will either get you to globalist much faster, or if you would have qualified anyway, it would get you a 10K bonus or extra TSU)
15K Hyatt Points (~$200)

Plus a 60K point signup bonus ($900).

This one is a great signup bonus card, and if you're a Hyatt loyalist, it's a no brainer to keep forever.

shakim Jun 28, 2018 8:41 am

Originally Posted by jameswes (Post 29916059)
Dang. I would switch over to this credit card in a heartbeat. If you're already a globalist and hold the cc, then you only need 50 nights to maintain status.

15K Hyatt points

11 night credits (That will either get you to globalist much faster, or if you would have qualified anyway, it would get you a 10K bonus or extra TSU)
15K Hyatt Points (~$200)

This one is a great signup bonus card, and if you're a Hyatt loyalist, it's a no brainer to keep forever.

if you're already globalist, don't forget the 2 free nights from status you'd get too. So if putting $15k spend you need 40 mire nights!

ClarkGriswold Jun 28, 2018 8:54 am

Originally Posted by jameswes (Post 29916059)

15K Hyatt points

15K Hyatt Points (~$200)

Yes, it's a no brainer. Just deciding whether to cancel the current card, wait a month and apply for the bonus or just do the upgrade and be done with it.

dakid23 Jun 28, 2018 9:09 am

From Onemileatatime

If you currently have The Hyatt Credit Card, you have the option of upgrading to this card, and they’ll even give you 2,000 points for doing so. That’s not a very generous upgrade offer, though at the same time the card’s perks are compelling, and a lot of people will want to upgrade.Existing Hyatt cardmembers aren’t eligible for this card. The terms state the following:

Earn up to 60,000 Bonus Points: The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.So you’re eligible as long as you don’t currently have a Hyatt Card, and haven’t received the new cardmember bonus on one in the past 24 months.

slippahs Jun 28, 2018 9:22 am

Went ahead and called to upgrade to the WOH Card. No issues other than the rep telling me that the 2000 bonus is targeted and he couldn't guarantee that I'd get it. Product change was quick and easy; new card logo already showing up in my Chase account.

It's always a little unsettling when the blogosphere jumps and down to hype a card. Note that price and return protection are eliminated from the card. There's a landing page with more info now: https://www.chase.com/personal/credi..._hpmasthead_en

MarkOK Jun 28, 2018 9:24 am

What is the downside of just upgrading to this card if you are a current card member? It seems like it only gives you more.

I got my Hyatt CC just last year, so I wouldn't qualify for the bonus offer anyways.

elg26 Jun 28, 2018 9:27 am

Originally Posted by dakid23 (Post 29916185)
From Onemileatatime

If you currently have The Hyatt Credit Card, you have the option of upgrading to this card, and they’ll even give you 2,000 points for doing so. That’s not a very generous upgrade offer, though at the same time the card’s perks are compelling, and a lot of people will want to upgrade.Existing Hyatt cardmembers aren’t eligible for this card. The terms state the following:

Earn up to 60,000 Bonus Points: The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.So you’re eligible as long as you don’t currently have a Hyatt Card, and haven’t received the new cardmember bonus on one in the past 24 months.

So if i got this card 4 years ago...im safe to cancel and reapply and get bonus? Any downside besides a credit check of doing this?

shakim Jun 28, 2018 9:27 am

Originally Posted by slippahs (Post 29916235)
Went ahead and called to upgrade to the WOH Card. No issues other than the rep telling me that the 2000 bonus is targeted and he couldn't guarantee that I'd get it. Product change was quick and easy; new card logo already showing up in my Chase account.

It's always a little unsettling when the blogosphere jumps and down to hype a card. Note that price and return protection are eliminated from the card. There's a landing page with more info now: https://www.chase.com/personal/credi..._hpmasthead_en

called the number on the back of the hyatt card or something else?

jameswes Jun 28, 2018 9:29 am

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold (Post 29916121)
Yes, it's a no brainer. Just deciding whether to cancel the current card, wait a month and apply for the bonus or just do the upgrade and be done with it.

I've done 4 cards already this year, so I'm <almost certainly> not eligible for a new card. So I just product changed my existing card over, <10 minutes. I'd love the 60K points, but this card is so much better than the existing card it's a no brainer. DONE.

SeeTheLights Jun 28, 2018 9:35 am

So if you have no Hyatt status, you can get this card and spend $140,000 and get Globalist? I am already Globalist so it not really an issue for me, but was thinking about having my wife get it. Question is - would credit card Globalist get Cat 1-7 cert and 4 TSUs?

JetAway Jun 28, 2018 9:38 am

Would the existing card's unused free night cert be lost by simply upgrading? I'm assuming it would be but does anyone know for sure?