FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018] (Chase) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1916906-woh-credit-card-launched-2018-chase.html)

WantOnlinePoker Apr 27, 2019 10:01 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 31041771)
Is the consensus still as posted in the wiki, that the spend bonuses are based on YTD spend?

No, the wiki is correct but doesn't make clear that the extra night at 15k is on cardmember year not calendar. So if you got the card in 2018, you need to look at last year's spending too on the chase website.

LIH Prem Apr 28, 2019 10:48 am

that seems to make sense .. and I got the 15k spend/free night email as well.

Thanks,
-David

Mary2e May 5, 2019 1:19 pm

I've kept a running total of my credit card spend since getting it last year. I recieved one free nights when the Jan bill closed, and just hit 15k again this last statement (on the 24th), and I still haven't received the free night. I did receive the stay credits almost immediately.

I didn't pay attention the last time I got them. How long does it take?

VegasGambler May 5, 2019 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 31070060)
I've kept a running total of my credit card spend since getting it last year. I recieved one free nights when the Jan bill closed, and just hit 15k again this last statement (on the 24th), and I still haven't received the free night. I did receive the stay credits almost immediately.

I didn't pay attention the last time I got them. How long does it take?

I'm a bit confused by your post. I assume that you haven't had a cardmember anniversary yet? You don't get a free night every time you spend 15k. You get one per cardmember (not calendar) year, if you spend 15k or more that year. So after your anniversary, if you spend another 15k in the following year, you will get another one.

The elite qual nights are 2 per $5k with no limit, though. So you will keep getting those.

UA-NYC May 5, 2019 3:44 pm

Just have to say, I love this card. So much better than the newish Marriott cards.

Mary2e May 6, 2019 8:32 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31070384)
I'm a bit confused by your post. I assume that you haven't had a cardmember anniversary yet? You don't get a free night every time you spend 15k. You get one per cardmember (not calendar) year, if you spend 15k or more that year. So after your anniversary, if you spend another 15k in the following year, you will get another one.

The elite qual nights are 2 per $5k with no limit, though. So you will keep getting those.

Got it... I have spent $30k since getting the card and have not yet hit my cardmember anniversary.

Buckeye2604 May 15, 2019 6:45 am

For anyone signed up for the two free night (cat 1-7) bonus rather than 50k points after $6k spend....

Check your expiration date on your free night rewards. My free nights were set to 6 months rather than 1 year as indicated in the terms and conditions.

I contacted Hyatt (no help at all), whom referred me to Chase. The issue is now being escalated to their marketing team. Just want to spread awareness...

toomanybooks May 16, 2019 7:47 am

Ever since I got the new Hyatt card, the statement has always closed on the 27th of the month.

All of a sudden, it last closed on April 15. Has anyone else experienced this?

Had this happened in December, it could really mess with one’s plans if trying to hit 60 nights too closely.

Mary2e May 16, 2019 7:48 am

No, I changed the date on mine to match the other Chase cards so I pay them all on the same day. My dates have never changed on any of them.

WantOnlinePoker May 16, 2019 8:31 am

With the new WoH card, your statement close date will only affect when the nights post to Hyatt, but not which year the nights count toward. With 2018 as the only data point we have, all spending that occurred in 2018 counted to 2018 qualifying nights, regardless of whether it was after your Dec statement closed. So if your Dec statement closes early, you still have until the 31st to spend for qualifying nights. From the other perspective, don't spend after your Dec statement closes expecting it to count toward the next year's qualifying.

4aks May 16, 2019 7:35 pm

just had my first billing cycle close , spent $10k ... should I expect to need to wait 60 days for the 4 elite nights to post to hyatt ? my signup bonus posted same day of billing close

Updated:
I counted , they credited me for 2 spend related nights, instead of 4 ... I'm guessing they counted some on my spend as pre-conversion from the previous Chase Hyatt card, so I'll need to make up a bit for next statement

UA-NYC May 16, 2019 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by 4aks (Post 31109559)
just had my first billing cycle close , spent $10k ... should I expect to need to wait 60 days for the 4 elite nights to post to hyatt ? my signup bonus posted same day of billing close

Likely not - should only be a few days IME (brand new card opener who had 2 nights post shortly after first closing date this month)

NOLAnwGOLD May 16, 2019 11:55 pm

How long does it take for referral points from Chase to show up from the time the person referred is approved??

joe_miami May 17, 2019 12:26 am

A day or two after the next statement closes.

nall May 23, 2019 12:06 pm

When (if ever) does the 5K for 2 elite night spending counter reset? i.e., how far back do I need to look to determine how close I am to the next $5K threshold?