FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018] (Chase) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1916906-woh-credit-card-launched-2018-chase.html)

josephstern Jan 2, 2019 8:05 am

OK - so here's my data point:

Had 77 nights at year-end.

I was planning on doing $5K of spend on this card, plus had one more night to go. When the night fell through, I gave up on the spend, figuring it likely wouldn't count for 2018 anyway since my Dec statement closed early in the month, and I'd have to argue, and I hate that.

Then, I think I did spend over $5K before EOY.

This morning, I got the "Choice is Yours" email for hitting 80 nights.

Did I basically get to 79 and Hyatt pushed me over? Or did something else happen here?

Biggie Fries Jan 2, 2019 10:43 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30599073)

I was planning on doing $5K of spend on this card, plus had one more night to go. When the night fell through, I gave up on the spend, figuring it likely wouldn't count for 2018 anyway since my Dec statement closed early in the month, and I'd have to argue, and I hate that.

Did I basically get to 79 and Hyatt pushed me over? Or did something else happen here?

Hey, good for you! Because I'd say that someone at Hyatt likes you... Based on our earlier colloquy, about a week ago I ran up $4500 via Plastiq (I already had some spend in) for 2 nights (to get from 77 to 79). When that clicked I moved a stay this past weekend from Le Meridien to Hyatt (cost a few bucks more, but ...) to get to 80. Worked as planned, but I wouldn't have minded saving the few bucks. ;)

It is kind of a drag that the end-of-the-year accounting vanishes at year's end... hard to do end-of-year Hyatt Grifter Index calculation. Because only a real Hyatt Grifter cuts these things so close....

joe_miami Jan 2, 2019 10:46 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30599073)

In another thread today, a person who stayed 60 nights last year and could have re-qualified at 55 reported being kept at Globalist with just 51 nights (which included 5 from the new WoH credit card) and relatively low spend. (This person got the Cat 1-7 and the upgrades, too; this isn't Globalist Lite as a courtesy.) Looks like Hyatt is being loose this year.

josephstern Jan 2, 2019 11:26 am

Hmm. 51 to 55 is a pretty big gift. I wonder if maybe Chase gave some info to Hyatt and that helped push some people over. So if you had spend $4k out of the $5k needed for two more nights, maybe they figured that if you needed that, plus a night or two, they'd push you over.

joe_miami Jan 2, 2019 11:34 am

Highly unlikely it's Chase-related. Chase would have had to report spending through Dec. 31 and then someone at Hyatt would have had to further nudge the people over the goal line, all on a holiday.

Now, if the person had spent $10,000 on his Hyatt card between his Dec. closing date and Dec. 31, the bump to Globalist would make sense, since it would have been earned.

jameswes Jan 2, 2019 12:03 pm

Does anyone see the 5 nights from their credit card yet? I'm at 0/55. I had a Reward Bonus on 12/31/2018 post with no points - I can't figure out what it was for.

joe_miami Jan 2, 2019 12:09 pm

I assume the 5 nights will post with one's first statement of 2019. Only people spending their way to Globalist on the CC could need those before late February. (I suppose some new Explorists could need them a little sooner.)

WantOnlinePoker Jan 2, 2019 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes (Post 30600299)
Does anyone see the 5 nights from their credit card yet? I'm at 0/55. I had a Reward Bonus on 12/31/2018 post with no points - I can't figure out what it was for.

No credit card nights for 2019 yet. I also had the Reward Bonus line item for 12/31 and I stopped spending on the card in December to not go over a $5k threshold in 2018. So I'm trying to figure out if any nights posted for whatever reason but the 2018 counter is gone. It appears that Chase may have done a year-end reporting to Hyatt that we theorized about last month but seemed unlikely.

opiuman Jan 2, 2019 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker (Post 30600345)
No credit card nights for 2019 yet. I also had the Reward Bonus line item for 12/31 and I stopped spending on the card in December to not go over a $5k threshold in 2018. So I'm trying to figure out if any nights posted for whatever reason but the 2018 counter is gone. It appears that Chase may have done a year-end reporting to Hyatt that we theorized about last month but seemed unlikely.

I have the same line item with 0/55 and no points change.

joe_miami Jan 2, 2019 12:21 pm

Just as a reminder, the 60,000-point sign-up bonus apparently ends on Jan. 9. Anyone under 5/24 who wants this card should apply for it sooner rather than later.

SP03 Jan 2, 2019 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami (Post 30600369)
Just as a reminder, the 60,000-point sign-up bonus apparently ends on Jan. 9. Anyone under 5/24 who wants this card should apply for it sooner rather than later.

How soon after cancelling the old Hyatt card can I get the new one? Cancelled it last night. I would like to get the new one before the current offer expires

joe_miami Jan 2, 2019 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by SP03 (Post 30600535)
How soon after cancelling the old Hyatt card can I get the new one? Cancelled it last night. I would like to get the new one before the current offer expires

Pay old one to $0, then wait three or four days, and you should be fine.

Remember to use a referral link when applying for the new one, since referrals = the same offer as on Chase's site.

VegasGambler Jan 2, 2019 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami (Post 30600323)
I assume the 5 nights will post with one's first statement of 2019. Only people spending their way to Globalist on the CC could need those before late February. (I suppose some new Explorists could need them a little sooner.)

I don't think it needs a statement. The original 5 nights posted before I even got my physical card.

I suspect that they will bulk-post them soon.

toomanybooks Jan 2, 2019 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami (Post 30600663)
Remember to use a referral link when applying for the new one, since referrals = the same offer as on Chase's site.

Is there a link for me to refer my brother? Chase “Refer a Friend” has about 9 CCs listed for me as referral options, but not the Hyatt card.

Or do you mean through a blogger/website?

joe_miami Jan 2, 2019 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 30601432)
Is there a link for me to refer my brother? Chase “Refer a Friend” has about 9 CCs listed for me as referral options, but not the Hyatt card.

Or do you mean through a blogger/website?

Sorry, I meant it as a reminder to use the referral links thread here at FT, for people who don't have their own referral links. The Hyatt referral links are the same bonus as the public offer, so it's a free 10,000 points for a friend/relative or fellow FlyerTalker:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...ost-first.html

If you have the Hyatt card, you should be able to generate your own, but apparently some people don't have them at times. (I couldn't generate one for a while earlier this year, but then it came back.)