Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

*NEW* WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018]

*NEW* WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018]

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 11, 18, 7:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
World of Hyatt Visa credit card

40,000 Bonus Points - after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Plus, earn an additional 20,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.

Receive one free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort every year after your cardmember anniversary.

No foreign transaction fees

$95 annual fee

link: https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/wor...gaAhpLEALw_wcB
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 14, 18, 9:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cvseuy View Post
I applied during the 1st of November and I was able to get approved at 7/24. It would suck if this card is suddenly a 5/24 card.

It just hurts Hyatt more than it hurts chase at this point.
Itís not clear at all that this is true. With the ability to spend oneís way to Globalist, it would make sense for Hyatt to want to weed out churners and manufactured-spending types.
JackE likes this.
Old Nov 14, 18, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by enginere808 View Post
Was denied for the Hyatt card based on "too many credit cards opened in the past 48 months." Closed previous Hyatt 2 weeks ago, current stats are 10/24, 18/48. Hoping this doesn't mean this card is under 5/24. Rep said he is unable to reconsider due to this reason. Not sure if I should just call to reopen my closed account since I do value the free night cert.
too many cards in 48 months? That must be new. When they deny based on 5/24 they say too many cards opened in 24mo. 48 months sounds more like the new sapphire sign up bonus restriction.
Old Nov 14, 18, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by enginere808 View Post
Was denied for the Hyatt card based on "too many credit cards opened in the past 48 months." Closed previous Hyatt 2 weeks ago, current stats are 10/24, 18/48. Hoping this doesn't mean this card is under 5/24. Rep said he is unable to reconsider due to this reason. Not sure if I should just call to reopen my closed account since I do value the free night cert.
"Too many cards opened in the last 48 months" does not sound like 5/24. Just because it's not 5/24 does not mean that there is not a limit.
Old Nov 14, 18, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Reddit says this card is subject to 5/24 now.
Old Nov 14, 18, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Reddit says this card is subject to 5/24 now.
Glad I got in early.
Old Nov 14, 18, 9:04 pm

We still get one old card and one new card. With the new restriction (if new), not sure what to do with the old one. I think I just miss the 2nd night with $15k spending? We could just pick up the 2,000 points for the upgrade.
Old Nov 15, 18, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL DM; UA 1K; Hyatt D; HH D.
I've been Diamond>Globalist for 3 (maybe 4) years at least . I emailed customer service and they said I needed 60 night to re-qual this year? Any thoughts on how I address this?

I have 5K in spend on Hyatt Visa this year, will probably hit another 5K-- for 2 more nights, but if my Hyatt CC closes on Jan 1, 2019 am I screwed on earning extra nights for 2018? As per this thread seems as if I am?
Old Nov 15, 18, 11:53 pm

You should do the spend before your dec statement closes. Can you push some of it forward by buying gift cards or something?

Did you get 60 nights (or 100k base) last year? If so you should only need 55. But if you qualified some other way last year (eg between 55 and 59 nights) then yeah, you need 60.
Old Nov 16, 18, 12:05 am

Programs: DL DM; UA 1K; Hyatt D; HH D.
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
You should do the spend before your dec statement closes. Can you push some of it forward by buying gift cards or something?

Did you get 60 nights (or 100k base) last year? If so you should only need 55. But if you qualified some other way last year (eg between 55 and 59 nights) then yeah, you need 60.
Will nights hit on or about time spend does (e.g December 19) like Delta Amex or MR Amex does, as opposed to after statement close date? Chase seems kinda crappy about that.

How could I have re-qualified w/out 60 nights? Im pretty sure I hit 60 on the nose b/c I had to do one cheap mattress run at a Hyatt Place in late December as I recall. Do they re-qual folks with less than 60 (e.g. 55-59)?
Old Nov 16, 18, 12:22 am

One of the published benefits of hitting 60 nights or 100k base pts is that you only need 55 nights the next year to maintain globalist.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/member-benefits/globalist.html?icamp=woh_hometier_globalist_en

Stay 60 qualifying nights or earn 100,000 Base Points in a calendar year
Rewards:

Free night award in a Category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort (subject to expiration; see Program Terms)

4 suite upgrade awards to use at the time of reservation at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts (subject to expiration; see Program Terms; valid when paying an eligible rate or when redeeming points for a free night award)

Access to My Hyatt Concierge agent for reservations and personalized service

Maintain Globalist status after 55 qualifying nights each subsequent year
Old Nov 16, 18, 12:27 am

EDIT: The ToC are actually pretty clear. If you achieve globalist by hitting 60 nights or 100k base pts, you can requalify the following year with 55 nights or 100k base pts.

(a) Requirements To Earn Globalist Status: Members who, in the course of one (1) Calendar Year, record a minimum of sixty (60) Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points will receive Globalist status after meeting the minimum requirement through February of the second Calendar Year following qualification. Please allow approximately seven (7) business days from the checkout date of the stay during which you qualify for a new elite status to be applied to your membership. A member who, after March 1, 2017, who qualifies for Globalist status by satisfying the minimum Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual standards set forth above may re-qualify for Globalist status for the following year by either recording a minimum of fifty-five (55) Tier-Qualifying Nights or by earning one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points during the current Calendar Year.

Last edited by VegasGambler; Nov 16, 18 at 12:37 am
Old Nov 16, 18, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FishH2O View Post
Will nights hit on or about time spend does (e.g December 19) like Delta Amex or MR Amex does, as opposed to after statement close date? Chase seems kinda crappy about that.

How could I have re-qualified w/out 60 nights? Im pretty sure I hit 60 on the nose b/c I had to do one cheap mattress run at a Hyatt Place in late December as I recall. Do they re-qual folks with less than 60 (e.g. 55-59)?
They mark the nights 1 day after your statement closing date. I put $40k on my CC at different times between october and november 14 and still they all posted like if it all was November 15.

Each of the "reward bonus" 0 are 2 nights from $5k spending.

You need to spend before the December statements closes.

Old Today, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Got my points 2 days after posting this month, lols like itís working fully now. Will hit the 15k next month but at least I got my 60k.