Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

*NEW* WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018]

*NEW* WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 28, 19, 10:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: VegasGambler
Wiki Link
World of Hyatt Visa Credit Card

Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points

Here's how it works:
  • Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
  • Earn an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 in total purchases [$3k+$3k] within the first 6 months of account opening.
  • Application Link
[Was 60,000 total; ended Jan 9, 2019]

40,000 Bonus Points - after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Plus, earn an additional 20,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.
  • Receive one free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort every year on your cardmember anniversary.
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • $95 annual fee

Spending Tracker
The spending tracker is useful for seeing how close you are to the $15k free night threshold, or the next $5k threshold for 2 qual nights.
  • Chase mobile app: "View all transactions", then switch to the "Spending Summary" tab
  • Chase web page: From the account page, in the "Things you can do" menu, choose "Spending Summary"
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 20, 18, 11:26 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by a2663171 View Post
So is this card subject to Chase 5/24 rule or not? I saw one report saying it is and many others that its not.
I'm 9/24 and was approved.
Old Aug 22, 18, 8:24 am

Sorry couldn't find it but has anyone had the 40k signup bonus post? If so, when after the MSR was met?
Old Aug 22, 18, 9:08 am

How would you handle this situation?

It's been >24 months since I've received the bonus on the old Hyatt card, so I am planning to cancel and apply for the new product. My anniversary and thus award night are approaching in September. I'd like to wait to cancel until that award hits my account, but I'm wondering how much Chase might frown on the timing of that - receiving the free night and then canceling either before the AF posts, or shortly after to receive a credit. Any experiences here with this or other cards that have awards tied to the card anniversary? I'd even be fine telling Chase to keep my $75 and forgo any credit, as I'll get more value out of the award night, but I'm assuming these types of things are generated automatically.
Old Aug 22, 18, 10:07 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Troopers View Post
Sorry couldn't find it but has anyone had the 40k signup bonus post? If so, when after the MSR was met?
You get the bonus shortly after your statement closes (provided you met the required spending threshold).
Old Aug 22, 18, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by afmiami View Post
You get the bonus shortly after your statement closes (provided you met the required spending threshold).
Thanks...I'll wait a few more days. I have met the MSR and points from spend have posted, just waiting for the signup bonus.
Old Aug 23, 18, 5:29 am

Is Hyatt going to release this card anywhere else in the world beside the US?
59Impala likes this.
Old Aug 23, 18, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
I want to apply for the new world of hyatt card with the bonus. Should I cancel the old (HYATT) card I have prior to applying?

Thanks
Old Aug 23, 18, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by robertw477 View Post
I want to apply for the new world of hyatt card with the bonus. Should I cancel the old (HYATT) card I have prior to applying?

Thanks
Yes. Also wait a couple of days with a $0 balance.
Old Aug 23, 18, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WoH Glob, HHonors (faux) Diamond
Originally Posted by RMZ2006 View Post
How would you handle this situation?

It's been >24 months since I've received the bonus on the old Hyatt card, so I am planning to cancel and apply for the new product. My anniversary and thus award night are approaching in September. I'd like to wait to cancel until that award hits my account, but I'm wondering how much Chase might frown on the timing of that - receiving the free night and then canceling either before the AF posts, or shortly after to receive a credit. Any experiences here with this or other cards that have awards tied to the card anniversary? I'd even be fine telling Chase to keep my $75 and forgo any credit, as I'll get more value out of the award night, but I'm assuming these types of things are generated automatically.
This is what I am planning to do: Wait until anniversary award night posts in mid-September (I already received an email reminding me that it was coming), then cancel before the AF is due in October.

Remember, by the way, that once the award night is issued, it is basically something between you (or me) and Hyatt, not you (or me) and Chase. Not like Amex clawing back its own points from its own accounts.

If I am reading you right ("these types of things are generated automatically") then, yeah, approval for the new card will depend on whether we qualify on universalistic terms (waited a few days, have no balance to payoff, haven't gone hog-wild on new cards recently [speculative; I know 5/24 does not formally apply], credit score, and so on). Those are likely programmed into the decision algorithm. Resentment ("Hey, I just gave you a free night and look what you are asking me for now!") likely is not.
Old Aug 23, 18, 3:01 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Have you got your cards? Is there any update? I am in the same situation as yours.
Old Aug 23, 18, 3:03 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
I cancelled my cards 33 days ago, and applied for the WoH today.

I got the 30-days messages. Could I call the reconsideration lines as follows?

I think the benefits of WoH suit me better than old hyatt, so i closed the old hyatt and apply the WoH. Does this sound good?
Old Aug 23, 18, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by stmadfish View Post
I cancelled my cards 33 days ago, and applied for the WoH today.

I got the 30-days messages. Could I call the reconsideration lines as follows?

I think the benefits of WoH suit me better than old hyatt, so i closed the old hyatt and apply the WoH. Does this sound good?
I'd call, I don't think there's really any downside, as long as your polite, etc.

sometimes it's a real quick fix (like moving credit limit over from another card). Sometimes it's been flagged for whatever reason for manual review, but calling may expedite this.
Old Aug 23, 18, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Troopers View Post
Thanks...I'll wait a few more days. I have met the MSR and points from spend have posted, just waiting for the signup bonus.
Iím curious about this as well. Statement closed on August 8th and got my points from spend, but not the bonus. How long is it taking usually?
Old Aug 23, 18, 8:54 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Does anyone know if the 2 elite nights from spending $5,000 post right after I spend the $5,000 during the anniversary of the card?
Old Aug 24, 18, 12:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, M/SPG Plat Prem, National Exec Elite, mlife platinum
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Per your comment in #396 , your card was approved on August 9 or 10 and was "ordered on 8/13," but you apparently still don't have it, despite supposedly receiving a notification that next-day delivery was scheduled for 8/16. That doesn't sound like expedited delivery to me.
Indeed, I received the card by regular mail (the kind that looks like bulk commercial without a postmark) on Monday 8/20. One interesting note -- I was approved on 8/9 or 8/10, added an authorized user on 8/11, and both the primary & the AU cards came together in the package, side by side.

In any event, glad to have the card the 4x Hyatt and 2x Uber will come in handy, not to mention the bonus points.

Search this Thread