Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

*NEW* WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018]

*NEW* WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018]

Hide Wikipost
Old May 24, 19, 2:06 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lamont2718
Wiki Link

World of Hyatt Credit Card

Chase card overview and application page: Link

Sign-up bonus offers

Current sign-up offer: Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points
  • Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
  • Earn an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases (including first $3,000) within the first 6 months of account opening.
Previous sign-up offer: Earn up to 60,000 Bonus Points (ended Jan 9, 2019)
  • Earn 40,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
  • Plus, earn an additional 20,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases (including first $3,000) within the first 6 months of account opening.

Benefit details and notes

Anniversary Free Night Award (Category 1-4)
  • Issued 10 weeks after cardmember anniversary date
  • Expires 1 year after issuance
  • Ineligible for use with Club Lounge Access Awards and Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards
Additional Free Night Award (Category 1-4) with $15k spend
  • Spend counter tracks total cumulative purchases (excluding $95 annual fee) during cardmember year. Spend counter resets every cardmember anniversary date
  • Issued 1-2 days after statement closing date of the triggering transaction (the transaction causing the spend counter to cross $15k)
  • Expires 1 year after issuance
  • Ineligible for use with Club Lounge Access Awards and Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards
  • Cardmembers are eligible for only 1 additional Free Night Award per cardmember year (e.g., spending $30k does not result in a second Free Night Award)
Two Additional Night Credits with every $5k spend
  • Spend counter tracks total cumulative purchases (excluding $95 annual fee) since account opening. Spend counter never resets
  • Issued 1-2 days after statement closing date of the triggering transaction (the transaction causing the spend counter to cross a multiple of $5k)
  • For World of Hyatt status qualification purposes, the night credits are associated with the posting date of the triggering transaction (relevant for billing cycles ending in January)

Other notes and tips

Chase spending tracker
  • The spending tracker is useful for seeing how close you are to the $15k free night threshold, or the next $5k threshold for 2 qual nights
  • Chase mobile app: "View all transactions", then switch to the "Spending Summary" tab
  • Chase website: From the account page, in the "Things you can do" menu, choose "Spending Summary"
  • Remember to add spend from prior calendar year(s) as needed (see spend counter notes above), and to subtract $95 for each annual fee paid
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 1, 18, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium / LTG, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by uppereastsider View Post
And for those who haven't gotten the 5 elite nights, I applied / was approved on 7/3, still no elite nights. Have talked to Chase via SM and Twitter, got same response "up to 8 weeks for the nights to post".
Today they posted (yay!). For those keeping score at home, I cancelled old Hyatt card on 6/30 (no balance, no charges... sock drawer card), applied on 7/3 (instant approval), received card on 7/16, received 5 night bonus on 8/1, backdated to mid July for whatever reason. Hope this DP helps for anyone looking to apply. I was at 6/24, with it becoming 5/24 end of August.
Old Aug 1, 18, 1:06 pm

Has anyone had nights based on spend post yet?
Old Aug 1, 18, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Something?,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Has anyone had nights based on spend post yet?
Yes. Chase Statement closed 7/23. Today (8/1) my night credits posted (backdated to 7/24).

So really roughly, expect them a week or so after your CC statement closes.
Old Aug 1, 18, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
How much spend did you have and how many elite nights did you get? I spent $5,000.00 and got the 5 Elite nights, but did not get the additional nights for the spend and my statement closed awhile ago.
Old Aug 1, 18, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by SeeTheLights View Post
How much spend did you have and how many elite nights did you get? I spent $5,000.00 and got the 5 Elite nights, but did not get the additional nights for the spend and my statement closed awhile ago.
When did your statement close?
Old Aug 1, 18, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes View Post
Yes. Chase Statement closed 7/23. Today (8/1) my night credits posted (backdated to 7/24).

So really roughly, expect them a week or so after your CC statement closes.
OK - thanks. Strange that they wouldn't post when the points post, but whatever.
Old Aug 1, 18, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
When did your statement close?
July 12th. Got 5 Elite nights but not 2 nights for $5000 spend.
Old Aug 1, 18, 5:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Something?,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
The 5 elite nights (from CC) posted within a couple days of upgrading the card.

I spent $9K, got 9K points the day after the CC statement closed.
A week after the CC statement closed, my 2 night credits posted (and backdated).
Old Aug 1, 18, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes View Post
The 5 elite nights (from CC) posted within a couple days of upgrading the card.

I spent $9K, got 9K points the day after the CC statement closed.
A week after the CC statement closed, my 2 night credits posted (and backdated).
thanks for data point. Mine closed 7/12 but never got elite nights. I am going to call Hyatt.
Old Aug 1, 18, 7:17 pm

thanks for data point. Mine closed 7/12 but never got elite nights. I am going to call Hyatt.
Something tells me they're going to tell you to call Chase.

In any event, please tell us what you find.
Old Aug 1, 18, 7:39 pm

Something tells me they're going to tell you to call Chase.

In any event, please tell us what you find.
you are probably right. Will report when I hear something
Old Aug 2, 18, 10:04 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by christof View Post
I’m curious about folks who had no balance to pay off and had the legacy Hyatt CC: when was your cancelation and new application relative to your normal billing cycle? I canceled 7/16 with $0 balance, but my billing cycle ends 8/12. I’ve had the legacy Hyatt CC since 2014. I wonder when the best time to submit my application might be, especially because I’m over 5/24. Thanks.
Timing update for this 5-Year Globalist / Diamond over 5/24:
- 7/16 Canceled legacy Hyatt VISA
- 7/23 Applied for WOH VISA (morning)
- 7/23 Called reconsiderations (afternoon), who requested reallocation for approval
- 7/30 Received e-mail from Hyatt Credit Card (Chase) that card is on the way
- 8/2 Noticed 5 elite nights posted, but Account Past Activity shows 7/31 “Reward Bonus, 0 Points”, which I assume to be the nights
- 8/2 Received e-mail from Chase that card has been mailed
- 8/3 Received e-mail from Hyatt that 5 elite nights were added to my account
- 8/6 Received primary card and 2 AU cards
- [will update when spend threshold is met and when signup bonus is received]

Last edited by christof; Aug 6, 18 at 12:15 pm
Old Aug 2, 18, 12:16 pm

you are probably right. Will report when I hear something
hyatt said we need to wait 8 weeks from the statement date for elite nights to post. Hopefully they post soon
Old Aug 2, 18, 12:16 pm

Has anyone noticed a delay in the annual free night award posting to your WOH account on the OLD card? My anniversary date was 7/23 and I've been waiting for the free night to post so I can cancel the card (and then apply for the new WOH card). I received an email from Chase/Hyatt on May 30th that my free night would post to my account "sometime in July" and here we are on August 2nd and no free night yet. Typically, the free night always posted right around my anniversary date (so 7/23, plus or minus a day). My annual fee posted on 8/1 so the clock is ticking to cancel the card and get the fee back.
Old Aug 2, 18, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Yep, similarly late here.

Search this Thread