Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

*NEW* WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018]

*NEW* WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 28, 19, 10:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: VegasGambler
Wiki Link
World of Hyatt Visa Credit Card

Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points

Here's how it works:
  • Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
  • Earn an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 in total purchases [$3k+$3k] within the first 6 months of account opening.
  • Application Link
[Was 60,000 total; ended Jan 9, 2019]

40,000 Bonus Points - after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Plus, earn an additional 20,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.
  • Receive one free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort every year on your cardmember anniversary.
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • $95 annual fee

Spending Tracker
The spending tracker is useful for seeing how close you are to the $15k free night threshold, or the next $5k threshold for 2 qual nights.
  • Chase mobile app: "View all transactions", then switch to the "Spending Summary" tab
  • Chase web page: From the account page, in the "Things you can do" menu, choose "Spending Summary"
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 17, 18, 8:36 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nicksta View Post
When does the Discoverist status post once the account is opened? Is it necessary to call Hyatt to get the status amended?
No, it gets updated automatically once Hyatt is notified by Chase of the card approval. Usually 3-4 business days after approval. At the same time you get the five nights credited
Old Jul 17, 18, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by afmiami View Post
No, it gets updated automatically once Hyatt is notified by Chase of the card approval. Usually 3-4 business days after approval. At the same time you get the five nights credited
Yeah, that did not occur. I called this morning and was told the minimum spend had to be met first. That is incorrect. I called back and was told that it could take 4-5 weeks to update. I guess I'll check back again in a few more days.
Old Jul 17, 18, 12:59 pm

I received an email yesterday, about 5 days after my online approval saying I had Discoverist status and was credited with the 5 nights. I have not yet received my card.

Update: I just received the following email from Chase (7/17/18):

Dear Dan,
We wanted to let you know that we mailed you a new credit card yesterday, and it should arrive in 3-5 business days. For security purposes, it will be in a plain, unmarked envelope.
Once you receive your card, please visit chase.com/verifycard to confirm that you got it. While you're there, you can also manage your account and personalize your alerts.1
Don't remember why you would be getting a card from us? Here are some reasons:
- Your current card is about to expire
- You were approved for a new account
- You accepted an offer to upgrade to a different rewards program
- You reported your card as lost or stolen, or requested a new card
- We are sending you a new card with updated features or benefits
Thank you for choosing Chase.

Sincerely,

Cardmember Services

Last edited by danbnash; Jul 18, 18 at 12:45 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 17, 18, 3:05 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by danbnash View Post
I received an email yesterday, about 5 days after my online approval saying I had Discoverist status and was credited with the 5 nights. I have not yet received my card.
Same here
Old Jul 17, 18, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium / LTG, Amtrak Select Executive
What are other DPs regarding the 5 nights? I was approved on 7/3 but havenít received the 5 nights yet
Old Jul 17, 18, 9:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by uppereastsider View Post
What are other DPs regarding the 5 nights? I was approved on 7/3 but havenít received the 5 nights yet
I got my 5 nights ~4 days after approval.
Old Jul 17, 18, 9:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Got approved for the card last Friday and the nights posted today.
Old Jul 17, 18, 10:22 pm

Took them weeks to update me, even after several inquiries. The reps claimed it had to do with the fact that Iíd had the [classic] card before.
Old Jul 18, 18, 12:08 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
To add to this DP: Cancelled old Hyatt Card 6/30. Applied for new card 7/3. Received Card 7/16. Ready to charge rent and gym with it and ensure Globalist requalification for next year and beyond!
I’m curious about folks who had no balance to pay off and had the legacy Hyatt CC: when was your cancelation and new application relative to your normal billing cycle? I canceled 7/16 with $0 balance, but my billing cycle ends 8/12. I’ve had the legacy Hyatt CC since 2014. I wonder when the best time to submit my application might be, especially because I’m over 5/24. Thanks.

Last edited by christof; Jul 18, 18 at 12:14 am
Old Jul 18, 18, 12:56 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hhonors Diamond
I have a corporate offer for fast track to Globalist with 20 nights stayed over 90 days. Any ideas if the 5 days will count towards this? Who can I ask to get an official answer?
sailor279 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 18, 1:00 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by herokitty View Post
I have a corporate offer for fast track to Globalist with 20 nights stayed over 90 days. Any ideas if the 5 days will count towards this? Who can I ask to get an official answer?
Highly unlikely they count — and, frankly, they shouldn't.
Old Jul 18, 18, 2:54 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
If I already have 75 nights, then I get the credit card and get 5 more nights ... does that qualify me for the bonus you get at 80 nights?
Old Jul 18, 18, 6:12 am

Programs: A bunch
For those that upgraded from the old Hyatt card, have you received the 2,000 hyatt points? My statement just closed and theres no points on there at all. Has anyone else seen those yet? My 5 nights posted just fine about 10 days ago. Thanks
Old Jul 18, 18, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by pointspinnacle View Post
For those that upgraded from the old Hyatt card, have you received the 2,000 hyatt points? My statement just closed and theres no points on there at all. Has anyone else seen those yet? My 5 nights posted just fine about 10 days ago. Thanks
I haven't received the 2,000 points, and I haven't seen a single data point of anyone receiving them.

I upgraded on the first day and I have had a statement cut since holding the new card.
Old Jul 18, 18, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium / LTG, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by solewalker View Post
I got my 5 nights ~4 days after approval.
Damn. Still none for me after 7/3 approval. I tweeted at them and they said 5-6 weeks before posting... yet everyone's DP here counters that

Search this Thread