Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt CC Anniversary Free Night

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt CC Anniversary Free Night

I had signed up for a Hyatt Credit Card last year and my anniversary date is in mid-July. However they already posted a Cat 1-4 Free Night reward (actually a buy one, get the next night free) to my Hyatt account. I was actually thinking of canceling my Hyatt CC before the anniversary date. If I do so, what happens to the free night award sitting in my account? Do they have some way of clawing it back?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
You earned it. It's yours.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:44 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by puchong
However they already posted a Cat 1-4 Free Night reward (actually a buy one, get the next night free) to my Hyatt account.
This is the first time I've heard of a Hyatt B1G1 award. I don't think this would be the credit card award as it is purely a one night free award. Is it possible this is from something else?
bbbb and orca1114 like this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This is the first time I've heard of a Hyatt B1G1 award. I don't think this would be the credit card award as it is purely a one night free award. Is it possible this is from something else?
The terms of the Free night award state "Free Night Award must be redeemed in conection with a one (1) night reservation at any hotel or resort designated as Category 1 through 4 with a checkout date by the expiration date...."

I interpreted that to mean that the free night must be in conjunction with a paid night (hence B1G1 free) - perhaps I misunderstood this? Will be glad to be corrected
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by puchong
I interpreted that to mean that the free night must be in conjunction with a paid night (hence B1G1 free)
You are misreading it. You book a reservation, then redeem the award to cover that reservation.

Yes, it is poorly worded, but that's the way it works in practice.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:33 am
JWo

Programs: MPC DM / UA *A Gold / Hyatt Glob / SPG Gold
Does anyone know if these anniversary free night awards count as a "Qualifying Night" for the purposes of stay/night credits?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:09 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by JWo
Does anyone know if these anniversary free night awards count as a "Qualifying Night" for the purposes of stay/night credits?
Yes, they count.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JWo
Yup, I concur with CloudCoder. Starting this year (officially) and last year (retroactively) free night awards count toward status.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:57 pm

disregard

Last edited by downinit; Jun 28, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by downinit
9X on hotel spends...I guess this is confirmation that a major points devaluation is coming in the very near future. Other than that, not much here for a 5-10 night/$5k spend per year loser like me. I will stick to my lower AF card, since everything else is the same. Maybe if they had an Explorist card with a cat 5-6 cert at a higher AF, I would bite, but this is an easy pass.
Definitely possible, the only counterpoint to that is that I see a big part of the 4x multiplier is to get people to use this instead of more general 3x cards like the sapphire reserve. My Hyatt CC usage dropped to almost nothing since getting that card, and this will immediately incentivize me to move it back.

I could be wrong, but I tend to think with all the pieces moving right now, we're at least a year or so from some kind of widespread redoing of point values in WoH (cue me eating my words in a month )
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Spouse has some expiring club access awards. I have an expiring free night. If I book two nights on points in spouse’s account/name and add a club award, is there anyway to extend club to a third cc free night from my account?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:56 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Spouse has some expiring club access awards. I have an expiring free night. If I book two nights on points in spouse’s account/name and add a club award, is there anyway to extend club to a third cc free night from my account?
Per the T&Cs, club access awards can't be used with a cc free night. If you book a "mixed" reservation, using points and the cc free night, you most likely won't be able to use the club access award. If you book the cc night separately, you may get lucky, but ...
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skj
Per the T&Cs, club access awards can't be used with a cc free night. If you book a "mixed" reservation, using points and the cc free night, you most likely won't be able to use the club access award. If you book the cc night separately, you may get lucky, but ...
Right! I keep forgetting that they can’t be used with cc night. I’ll do separate rez and ask if they will extend. May end up at a Hyatt Place or Centric instead in which case it wouldn’t matter.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:26 am

Any recent DP's on when the free night posts to your account ?

My anniversary was 8/10, $75 AF posted 9/1. I just paid the AF today, still no free night showing under my awards. Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:32 am

Looks like they are posting over 30 days after annual fee posting..

https://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/chase-anniversary-nights-are-taking-longer-to-post/
flyer4512 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.