Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Brand to Undergo Refresh

Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:58 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What are the breakfast meats now? Bacon, ham, (turkey) Canadian bacon, or just variations on sausage?
I posted the general menu here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30432143-post64.html

Last edited by 59Impala; Jan 23, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Stayed at Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport for a quick overnight - was looking forward to one of the Southwest breakfast options that I greatly enjoyed at Hyatt Place Denver Westminster. Alas, none were served; just the basic pancakes, sausage, and scrambled eggs... They did have fresh berries and new breads as well as "cage free" hard boiled eggs.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Interesting tidbit regarding new menu items at Hyatt Place properties - had a manager reach out to me and explain that the regional breakfast offerings are a Monday through Friday thing and are not served on weekends... What an odd policy.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Interesting tidbit regarding new menu items at Hyatt Place properties - had a manager reach out to me and explain that the regional breakfast offerings are a Monday through Friday thing and are not served on weekends... What an odd policy.
Interesting. Since I've had a number of week long stays at HPs, I've seen that. At some HPs like Tempe the weekend menu is clearly adjusted to appeal to families. The weekday menu has different items. I stayed at the Phoenix HP this week and one weekday they DID serve the barbacoa hash. (Note to Hyatt: if you want regional menus, HPs in the South must serve grits.)

I still find the HP breakfasts lacking vs Hampton Inn or HIE, but that is not HP's big problem. Hyatt has this new HP design, the one at LAX is one of these, where the rooms are simply Holiday Inn Express rooms. These are Hyatts in name only, and there seems to be a LOT of these in the pipeline. After staying at one of these inferior HPs in Delano, I now check before making reservations to make sure I don't stay at another.

BTW, in response to some comments above, I've stayed at a pile of HPs since the new breakfast rule, and I have never once seen anyone attempt to police who gets the free breakfast.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:21 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jn in ca
BTW, in response to some comments above, I've stayed at a pile of HPs since the new breakfast rule, and I have never once seen anyone attempt to police who gets the free breakfast.
I've only had a couple of stays since the new breakfast program rolled out, but the properties (both in the Houston area) did try to ask everyone for room numbers when they were entering the breakfast area.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:19 pm

Has Hyatt Place breakfast been upgraded?

Current ad for Hyatt Place shows scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes...have they upgraded the breakfast from what they had been offering a year or more ago? (as in breakfast sandwiches were about the only hot offering)

Breakfast had been one of the negatives for me staying at Hyatt Place. The Hyatt House breakfasts with made-to-order omlets, etc. were many times better.

The other negative (not much they can do about it) is the wall AC unit next to the bed. I hate to book Hyatt Place in the summer and have the AC blowing on me all night...
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Yes, things have gotten a tad better except for the silly members only breakfast rule.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:03 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by BobOscar
Current ad for Hyatt Place shows scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes...have they upgraded the breakfast from what they had been offering a year or more ago? (as in breakfast sandwiches were about the only hot offering)

Breakfast had been one of the negatives for me staying at Hyatt Place. The Hyatt House breakfasts with made-to-order omlets, etc. were many times better.

The other negative (not much they can do about it) is the wall AC unit next to the bed. I hate to book Hyatt Place in the summer and have the AC blowing on me all night...
i started a thread a while ago here. Quite some comments and menu items are listed too, based on region.
yes it seems to have improved

Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Yes, things have gotten a tad better except for the silly members only breakfast rule.
So do they now screen people when they are getting breakfast at Hyatt Place to make sure they are members? Give them a wrist band?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by BobOscar
So do they now screen people when they are getting breakfast at Hyatt Place to make sure they are members? Give them a wrist band?
its YMMV, some properties do; some dont
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:48 pm

I think the breakfast is way better now. Especially the fresh fruit and berries.... I also prefer it over HH breakfast.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Unhappy

More sugar and fat, less fruit and fiber. For me its a downgrade.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold
I stayed at three different Hyatt Places this year. Overall I think the breakfast is worse than ever. Most of the fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, grapes & bananas) has been improved. The cantelope is out of season and was horrible both times I tried it. The scrambled eggs are just ok and the bacon (the few mornings they had it) was average at best. It is a far cry from the standard applewood bacon at full service Hyatts. Most morning they had thin ham or greasy sausage so I passed. Some mornings they had stale potatoes and brussel sprouts. I rarely see French toast or pancakes anymore. It's usually dried out, hard pieces of waffles that were lousy. They have toasters and bread with jars of peanut butter and jelly but good luck finding a bagel and I didn't see any cream cheese.

Hyatt says they've upgraded it and I've had a G.M. tell me that they spend more on it now than before. I really find that hard to believe. I get it for free and I usually pass on it. I can't believe anyone who has ever eaten it would pay for it again. All the frequent guests I've talked with hate it. Bring back the breakfast sandwiches or French toast. Return the cottage cheese & individual yougarts. Who puts out bagels with no cream cheese? The jars of peanut butter and jelly next to the bread encourages families with kids to make sandwiches for later. Ive seen this happen. What genius at Hyatt came up with that idea?

Sorry to be so long but this post touched a nerve. Leave it to Hyatt to give people a reason to stay at Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. The breakfasts at those places are better than Hyatt Place now.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
I think the breakfast is way better now. Especially the fresh fruit and berries.... I also prefer it over HH breakfast.
Some HPs had that as part of breakfast offerings even 3 years ago.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:53 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
US Hyatt Places seriously needed another 'refresh'

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.