Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Brand to Undergo Refresh

Hyatt Place Brand to Undergo Refresh

Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
We were at HYATT PLACE Orange County, Disneyland Sunday am. . I haven't been paying attn. to Hyatt Place news, but people were being stopped and asked to show room card, see if they are WOH Members (?) and then told NO, but they could charge it to the room.
So do they hand out different key cards with different colors for WoH members or do they actually swipe the cards?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

So do they hand out different key cards with different colors for WoH members or do they actually swipe the cards?
No different cards. The woman at the entrance/gate to the holly land of FREE breakfast........Ask for room number and she used a tablet, punched it in. Either you PASSED, or spiel about joining the WOH or charge BK to your room.

Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM, MR Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
No different cards. The woman at the entrance/gate to the holly land of FREE breakfast........Ask for room number and she used a tablet, punched it in. Either you PASSED, or spiel about joining the WOH or charge BK to your room.

Exact same thing at a Hyatt Place I'm at this week. The contents of breakfast haven't changed one iota, just a staff member who's standing idle the large majority of the time with an iPad hanging around their neck asking what room number you're in. If they're going to go down this path, an upgrade to breakfast would be a bit welcomed also....
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:18 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
The press release: https://newsroom.hyatt.com/110118-Hy...nce-for-Guests

extract:

Hyatt Place hotels across the U.S. will now feature regional breakfast rotations, each giving guests a taste of the region they are visiting.

Atlantic

Hyatt Place hotels in the Atlantic region will feature:
  • Cinnamon French Toast with apple butter
  • Corned Beef “Red Flannel” Hash
  • Crustless Spinach and Cheese Quiche
  • Regional Bread: Bagels
South

Hyatt Place hotels in the South region will feature:
  • Sweet Potato and Roasted Corn Hash with Creole seasoning
  • Turkey Sausage and Pimento Biscuit Sandwich
  • Buttermilk Biscuits and Country Sausage Gravy
  • Regional Bread: Cornbread
Heartland

Hyatt Place hotels in the Heartland region will feature:
  • Buttermilk Pancakes with roasted apples and granola crunch
  • Heartland Scramble Bowl with diced shoulder bacon
  • Green Chile Corned Beef Hash
  • Regional Bread: Marble rye
Southwest

Hyatt Place hotels in the Southwest region will feature:
  • Chocolate Churro Bread Pudding
  • Breakfast tacos with pork carnitas
  • Chipotle Beef Barbacoa Hash
  • Regional Bread: Cornbread
West Coast

Hyatt Place hotels in the West Coast region will feature:
  • Granola Crunch Belgian Waffles with mixed-berry compote
  • Mediterranean Scramble with chicken sausage
  • Chilaquiles
  • Regional Bread: English muffins

In addition to the regional breakfast rotations, Hyatt Place hotels in the U.S. will offer cage-free scrambled eggs, cage-free hard-boiled eggs, all-natural bacon and sausage, Oikos® Greek yogurt, fresh-cut fruit, steel cut oatmeal, rosemary-garlic potato medley, and artisanal breads, including banana yogurt bread and zucchini spice bread.

The new, regionally inspired breakfast at Hyatt Place hotels will be complimentary for World of Hyatt members who book an Eligible Rate or a Points + Cash Rate, or who redeem a Free Night Award or Room Upgrade Award for stays starting November 1, 2018.2
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by serfty
Looks like it is being specifically stated that full breakfast will no longer be complimentary to all WoH members even on eligible rates from November 1st for some properties:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...erms.html#/IIB

What is not clear is if even 'continental' will be available at those properties.
I was surprised that I (Explorist) received free (full) breakfast for two at the HP Frankfurt Airport. I had booked the room with the Chase VISA free night certificate. The spread was actually very nice.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 59Impala
<snip>
West Coast

Hyatt Place hotels in the West Coast region will feature:
  • Chilaquiles
<snip>
I guess that's what they were going for with the soggy mess of tortilla chips they had out only 30 minutes after breakfast had started...
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Southwest

Hyatt Place hotels in the Southwest region will feature:
  • Chocolate Churro Bread Pudding
  • Breakfast tacos with pork carnitas
  • Chipotle Beef Barbacoa Hash
Just finished up a stay at Hyatt Place Denver Westminster, and had a chance to sample the above menu items. I have to say, I was happy with changes to the usually crappy HP breakfast - the breakfast tacos and barbacoa hash were very tasty as (fairly spicy) toppings for scrambled eggs, although the scrambled eggs themselves are same old HP (powdered?) stuff. The churro bread pudding was freaking delicious, and just as unhealthy - think custard-soaked donuts covered in caramel/chocolate, presented as a breakfast casserole. Other enhancements (and I'm not being facetious) included better fruit offerings with fresh blueberries and strawberries and pretty tasty zucchini bread and other new sweet bread items. They were asking people for names/room numbers, but I did not see anyone turned away. Speaking with front desk folks, they are definitely feeling like the corporate is making more work for them with the new policy, but are happy with the changes to the menu.
59Impala likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I had a stay at HP BWI this weekend, both breakfast and the galley menu are improved. The staff told me that in addition to the Magic Chef the kitchen now has a steamer and a deep fryer, the wings are over breaded but still good. Breakfast did not include any of the features from either the South or Atlantic menus but was greatly improved from my last HP stay in September. I had some time to kill so asked the breakfast bouncer what the cash price would have been, in my less than fully awake state heard either $12.95 or $13.95. At included in room rate the quality is there, not so much at $15 once tax is added.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Can someone clarify the breakfast rules for me as I haven't done a Hyatt Place stay since the rule change. Still hold Discoverist status via credit card.

I've looked at two U.S. properties that both have a "member advance purchase' rate and a higher "bed and breakfast" rate. Can't recall seeing a "bed and breakfast
rate" in the past when everyone got breakfast. Do all elites get breakfast included at the lower-priced "member advance purchase" rate, or do I need to buy the
"bed and breakfast" rate? Thanks.

Actually, think I found the answer in the fine print of the rate rules:

This is an eligible rate in World of Hyatt. Starting November 1, 2018, only World of Hyatt members booking an eligible rate can enjoy free breakfast at this hotel. Join today and enjoy all the benefits. Eligible rates are defined in the World of Hyatt program terms (see worldofhyatt.com/terms).

Last edited by tom911; Nov 30, 2018 at 10:42 pm
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
WoH Members booked at eligible rates get complimentary breakfast at Hyatt Place except at those listed in post #55 . (Although it seems the LHR properties still provide complimentary 'continental'- YMMV.)
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
And I noticed at the very end of the quote in post #55 , it states that some properties may continue to give free breakfast to all guests. Talk about confusion. I'd hate to be a desk agent at one of these when the guest just received free breakfast at the Hyatt Place Timbuktu the week before when booked through Expedia, but now on his/her identical reservation at the Hyatt Place Generic Office Park, is asked to pay.

I actually like Hyatt Place, but I've mostly gotten them through award reservations using Chase points. They don't show up much on Priceline where I do most of my booking.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I did another HP stay in the Southwest and none of the regional dishes appeared, disappointed in missing breakfast barbacoa. Also pretty sure I was the only guest with a WOH account prior to arrival at hotel as I heard the sales pitch repeatedly in passing through the lobby, no actual enforcement at breakfast time though.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:44 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
The new breakfast is a VAST improvement. Items are fresher, better-tasting, better prepared, healthier.

I've probably stayed in 5 different HP properties since the new breakfast was introduced. They ask every one else if they're a member, etc. I've never been asked, not even once. When I inquired, they said "we know who YOU are". When I inquired further, they said "you wrote long novels instead of user surveys". It's nice to know that they actually read the surveys.

An added benefit: now that it's no longer free, the breakfast scene is far less crowded..

Anyway: new HP breakfast is a legit improvement. Two thumbs up.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:35 am

Hyatt Place Breakfast Improvements

So, I'm normally NOT a Hyatt Place person - I definitely prefer the full service properties....

But I found myself in a HP this week and I have to say the breakfast seems to be quite a bit better than it was, say, a year ago (the last time I stayed at a HP)....

The formerly tasteless eggs are a smidgen better (with some kind of herb in them), but the breakfast meats are a major upgrade. They appear fresh cooked (rather than reheated). I also noticed a vastly better selection of fresh fruit (fresh strawberry's and blueberry's).

Question: Is fresh cooked meat and fresh berry's now a standard part of the HP breakfast? Or was this a one off?

I know IHG put a new type of oven into their Holiday Inn Express properties that allows for cooking (rather than reheating) and I wonder if HP has done the same... Also, didn't see any enforcement of the "pay for breakfast" for non WOH members or third party bookers...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What are the breakfast meats now? Bacon, ham, (turkey) Canadian bacon, or just variations on sausage?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.