Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Brand to Undergo Refresh

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Brand to Undergo Refresh

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I can't speak to Fairfields; but I would add some of the refurbed Courtyards' lobbies are nice and even some Residence Inns have pleasant lobbies, at least within the Marriott portfolio. I also think the HPs would benefit from a "social hour" or "manager's hour" a la Residence Inn and Kimpton. While Hyatt House is more akin to the Hyatt portfolio's Residence Inn, HPs would benefit from not only aesthetically more pleasing lobbies, but functions within those spaces as well.
To whatever extent this might be true, and it's debatable, this is an issue for new builds, not a "refresh." No way Hyatt is going to require owners to spend huge money creating new lobby spaces, and such a thing probably isn't possible at a large percentage of existing properties.

Every HP and HH has at least a decent-sized breakfast area, typically with TVs, etc., so I'm not sure I see the need for big lobbies.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:53 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Your experience with the HP and HH brands seems limited. I’ve had great made-to-order breakfasts at HPs that blew away the breakfasts at (allegedly) higher-level brands.
I've probably stayed at 30+ different HPs, mostly in the US but a couple in Europe, so my experience is limited. I've never seen a "made-to-order" breakfast at a HP. I'm just curious, where were you served one ?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:01 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Every HP and HH has at least a decent-sized breakfast area, typically with TVs, etc., so I'm not sure I see the need for big lobbies.
In many of the former AmeriSuites properties, the "decent-sized breakfast area" and the lobby are the same space. At least the "breakfast in a bowl" concept means less items to try to balance on your lap when there's no table available.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by skj
I've probably stayed at 30+ different HPs, mostly in the US but a couple in Europe, so my experience is limited. I've never seen a "made-to-order" breakfast at a HP. I'm just curious, where were you served one ?
The HPs I've been to usually have one or two breakfast items on their Gallery menu. Like an omelette or a scrambled eggs and bacon plate or a frittata. Must admit I can't remember exactly.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by skj
I mostly stay at non-U.S. HPs; there’s usually an expansive breakfast buffet plus an omelette station.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB

I mostly stay at non-U.S. HPs; there’s usually an expansive breakfast buffet plus an omelette station.
HPs are extremely low on my list for non-U.S. travel; there has to be better options. With many of the former AmeriSuites I’ve used in the past being real dogs, even Stateside, it’s a brand I’ve avoided, but am happy to revisit that decision if and when this refurb comes. Just my two cents, but in this category of lodging, Res Inns, Courtyards, and Four Points seem to be upgrading rooms and amenities whereas HPs stay the same with an occasionally revised bar menu. Hyatt Corporate should demand more of franchises.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767

HPs are extremely low on my list for non-U.S. travel; there has to be better options. With many of the former AmeriSuites I’ve used in the past being real dogs, even Stateside, it’s a brand I’ve avoided, but am happy to revisit that decision if and when this refurb comes. Just my two cents, but in this category of lodging, Res Inns, Courtyards, and Four Points seem to be upgrading rooms and amenities whereas HPs stay the same with an occasionally revised bar menu. Hyatt Corporate should demand more of franchises.
Seems like a higher percentage of the non-U.S. HPs are new builds and, thus, don't really need a refresh.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
I went to make a reservation at the Hyatt Place Mesa and I caught this in the rate rules. Note that so far this only appears in the rate rules for the Advanced Purchase rate. I've stayed here and I cannot imagine how they plan to police this, unless they hire more breakfast staff.

Starting November 1, 2018, only World of Hyatt members booking an eligible rate can enjoy free breakfast at this hotel. Join today and enjoy all the benefits. Eligible rates are defined in the World of Hyatt program terms (see worldofhyatt.com/terms).
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by jn in ca
I went to make a reservation at the Hyatt Place Mesa and I caught this in the rate rules. Note that so far this only appears in the rate rules for the Advanced Purchase rate. I've stayed here and I cannot imagine how they plan to police this, unless they hire more breakfast staff.

This is interesting indeed. Tried to make a reservation using my corporate leisure code and the fine print says that it's a reduced rate and not eligible for free breakfast. Using the AAA rates does provide free breakfast. Are they seriously excluding corporate rates? Seems crazy.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Looks like it is being specifically stated that full breakfast will no longer be complimentary to all WoH members even on eligible rates from November 1st for some properties:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...erms.html#/IIB

V. Breakfast Benefit at Participating Hyatt Place Hotels

For reservations with a check-in date on or after November 1, 2018, booked on or after September 15, 2018, Members staying at a participating Hyatt Place hotel who have paid an Eligible Rate or redeemed a Free Night Award for the applicable night will receive complimentary breakfast the following morning when breakfast is available (which includes standard breakfast buffet (with coffee, juice, and/or milk), as well as tax and gratuity) for each registered guest in the room. Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Valid only at participating Hyatt Place hotels and no other Hyatt hotel or resort, M life Rewards destination, or other property. This benefit is not valid at the following non-participating Hyatt Place hotels: Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport, Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, Hyatt Place Hyderabad/Banjera Hills, Hyatt Place Rameswaram, and Hyatt Place West London/Hayes. Some Hyatt Place hotels may offer complimentary breakfast to all guests, in which case Members will not receive any additional or substitute benefit.
What is not clear is if even 'continental' will be available at those properties.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Who’s ready for day 0 tomorrow? I’m at an HP right now. Waiting to see if tomorrow morning is a Charlie Foxtrot. Staff claims they’re excited to see how it works
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Who’s ready for day 0 tomorrow? I’m at an HP right now. Waiting to see if tomorrow morning is a Charlie Foxtrot. Staff claims they’re excited to see how it works
You were at one of the five HPs listed above? How did it go?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Globallist
We were at HYATT PLACE Orange County, Disneyland Sunday am. . I haven't been paying attn. to Hyatt Place news, but people were being stopped and asked to show room card, see if they are WOH Members (?) and then told NO, but they could charge it to the room. I can tell you the exact dollar I would pay for HP Breakfast. -0-$. Not really sure what's going on, even today.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
You were at one of the five HPs listed above? How did it go?
Properties above are the ones where free breakfast doesn’t apply

First morning they didn’t ask for a room number but did the second day. Spread was a bit different.

Juices weren’t in pitchers anymore, but milk and water still were. Juices were in dispensers.

Honey was in a big jar instead of individual packets. Fruit spread seemed a bit different. Hard boiled eggs were still in the shell

Had a very soggy tortilla chip plus eggs dish out and I was there at 6:30. If they can’t even keep it crisp that long it is doomed

Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Properties above are the ones where free breakfast doesn’t apply
Right, I thought those were the only HPs where this change was kicking in, but apparently not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.