Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2,500 Bonus Points after every 5 nights GH,HR 1Jun-31 Aug, 2018

Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ntsforyou.html

Register by July 15

T&C
You must be a member of World of Hyatt and register for the promotion between June 1, 2018 and July 15, 2018 to participate. To join World of Hyatt, visit worldofhyatt.com, and to register for the promotion visit worldofhyatt.com/morepoints. All eligible nights under this promotion must have a checkout date from June 1, 2018 through August 31, 2018 (Promotion Period). You will receive 2,500 Bonus Points for every five (5) eligible nights you stay at Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency properties during the Promotion Period. There is no maximum number of Bonus Points a member can earn. All points awarded under this promotion are Bonus Points. For the purpose of this promotion, an Eligible Night is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay. Nights at Park Hyatt, Miraval, Hyatt, Andaz, Hyatt Centric, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Residence Club properties are not Eligible Nights. Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of check-in for each stay. Please allow two to three weeks after your qualifying stay for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Promotion not valid with other offers, promotions or discounts and is non-transferable. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion with a suitable substitute promotion of equal value (if legally required) at any time due to actual circumstances. This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. The trademarks Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & ResortsTM, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara, Miraval, World of Hyatt, Hyatt Residence Club, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. 2018 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

HT Loyaltylobby
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
This seems like it would be mostly aimed at members who are 1 stay short.

"Should I stay at Starwood or Hyatt? Hmmm, just one more stay for 2500 Hyatt points. I guess it's Hyatt."
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
There is no maximum number of Bonus Points a member can earn.
How can you stay an infinite number of nights in a limited amount of time?
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
How can you stay an infinite number of nights in a limited amount of time?
If I were going to have a problem with the precise wording of he T&C, it would be that the promotion only applies to the rack rate.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JackE
If I were going to have a problem with the precise wording of he T&C, it would be that the promotion only applies to the rack rate.
Huh? It says Eligible Rate, including redeeming a Free Night

Separate note - I've currently got 4 nights definitely booked (3x HR Jeju, 1x GH Singapore). Other nights on the vacation are a PHs... (Seoul and Maldives). Guess I'll have to get another GH/HR night in before the promo ends.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
It also says "Promotion not valid with other offers, promotions or discounts".

The point being sometimes we just have to ignore the precise language.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I definitely don't mind if Hyatt want to hand out some bonus points, but a promo covering 2 brands and offering 500 points per night is pretty close to "who cares" territory.

It should only really incentivise an extra night from somebody already planning on 4, 9 ,14 etc. nights at the brands in question.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I'm in the situation described by JackE & Craig above. I have a ressie for 4 nights at the HR Montreal during St. John the Baptist Day festivities, so I can benefit by adding a night somewhere! I just wish that ALL Hyatt brands were eligible!
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jasonvr

Separate note - I've currently got 4 nights definitely booked (3x HR Jeju, 1x GH Singapore). Other nights on the vacation are a PHs... (Seoul and Maldives). Guess I'll have to get another GH/HR night in before the promo ends.
Instead of the PH, spend your last night in Seoul at the GH ICN. It's much better than getting up early and worrying about traffic getting to the airport.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
These bonuses do not exist in a vacuum. SPG/Marriott's bonuses lately are decidedly "meh", so from Hyatt's perspective, why should they do any better?

On the other hand, SPG/Marriott's merger doesn't appear to be nearly as bad as once thought, and I'm sure plenty of people who were hedging their bets by maintaining status at both SPG and Hyatt are considering switching back to SPG.

Personally, I will be earning both SPG 75 night status and Globalist 55 night status this year (completing both milestones in the next month), and will have to decide how to spend the rest of my year since there's no compelling difference in status of either brand continuing beyond that point. Good bonuses will probably drive those decisions for the rest of the year, so hopefully Hyatt comes to their senses.

Most likely next year will not have nearly as much time in hotels for me, and I'll have to pick one side or the other, and SPG/Marriott is looking to be the logical move for a few reasons (lifetime status being earnable based on number of stays and years platinum is much more attainable than Hyatt's purely spend-based)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Hyatt has accomplished the impossible - that is, make the current Marriott/SPG promo (750 MR/250 SPG per night) look generous.
kiowavt and Tommys888 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:08 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by some dude
Personally, I will be earning both SPG 75 night status and Globalist 55 night status this year (completing both milestones in the next month), and will have to decide how to spend the rest of my year since there's no compelling difference in status of either brand continuing beyond that point. Good bonuses will probably drive those decisions for the rest of the year, so hopefully Hyatt comes to their senses.
I'm in almost the same situation. I indeed to make SPG 50 (because there's no compelling reason to make SPG 75), and Hyatt 100 (to get the bonuses after 60 nights, which amount to 1000 points per night). This will leave another 35 to 50 nights to be given to whichever hotel seems to treat guests better. As of right now, Hyatt would get the lion's share, expect for the small fact that some places I need to go have no Hyatt properties.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Instead of the PH, spend your last night in Seoul at the GH ICN. It's much better than getting up early and worrying about traffic getting to the airport.
Negative - first 4 nights are at the PH Seoul, then we fly to Jeju from Gimpo. Then fly back to GMP and connect to ICN to catch late night flight on SQ down to SIN. Thought about spending the first night at ICN since we arrive late from LAX, but it seems better to just get to the PH, especially since there shouldn't be much traffic at that time

Thanks for the suggestion though
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
[QUOTE=CloudCoder;29824419](because there's no compelling reason to make SPG 75)/QUOTE]
United Silver status.

Believe it or not, I manage to rack up something like 130-150 nights/year, and it's extremely unlikely I will fly over 25,000 miles.

Most of my flying is from a non-hub airport (MCO) to EWR, so United silver is actually worth more to me than AA EXP would be (since lying to JFK/LGA would add an extra hour to my commute, and a connection at CLT would eat up any benefit of the possible FC upgrade as far as I am concerned)

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Hyatt 100 (to get the bonuses after 60 nights, which amount to 1000 points per night)
I didn't actually even think of that -- I was looking at it more as the TSU certificates which probably wouldn't be valuable to me. I rarely use all 4 in a year anyway, but the additional 10K points ... While not great, is at least something.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:49 am

[QUOTE=some dude;29829747]
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
(because there's no compelling reason to make SPG 75)/QUOTE]
United Silver status.

Believe it or not, I manage to rack up something like 130-150 nights/year, and it's extremely unlikely I will fly over 25,000 miles.

Most of my flying is from a non-hub airport (MCO) to EWR, so United silver is actually worth more to me than AA EXP would be (since lying to JFK/LGA would add an extra hour to my commute, and a connection at CLT would eat up any benefit of the possible FC upgrade as far as I am concerned)

I didn't actually even think of that -- I was looking at it more as the TSU certificates which probably wouldn't be valuable to me. I rarely use all 4 in a year anyway, but the additional 10K points ... While not great, is at least something.
40K, not 10K.

10K at 70 and 80 and 90 and 100.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.