Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2,500 Bonus Points after every 5 nights GH,HR 1Jun-31 Aug, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2,500 Bonus Points after every 5 nights GH,HR 1Jun-31 Aug, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Because it's summertime and relatively fewer people holiday at GH and HR...

At least the new WoH mgmt are experimenting with things. Before we'd have seen nothing at all for the summer.
Sorry, but I think that explanation is a reach. Even given the extremely limited portfolio of properties that WoH offers vs Starriott/Hilton, to say that as a general rule during the summer there is lower occupancy across all GHs and HRs, hence the bonus points? That doesn't even make sense for typically slow travel seasons, e.g. January to March; let alone summer given the different "high seasons" for travel at different locations.

Yes, the bonus is better than nothing; but it's hardly enticing...
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:12 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
The reason for a company to offer bonus points is low occupancy or low revenue. This offer should be an incentive to generate more revenue for them. .So yes, maybe the outlook for GH and HR is low for the summer.....

Same with airlines and e.g. double miles... for routes with low load factor.

As others mentioned, Hyatt is experimenting, which is good. let them do so. so far WOH is working good this year again with the improvments/changes.
Anything else is pure speculation.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Sorry, but I think that explanation is a reach.
I welcome a better explanation for why the two most business-heavy brands in the chain are the only ones targeted for this promo.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Hmmm...

Perhaps WoH is attempting to match the competition's summer bonuses with a similar, but weaker offering of exclusionary/more restrictive bonuses, solely as a monkey see monkey do? Perhaps, WoH recognizes that the "two most business-heavy" have low occupancy for reasons other than seasonal travel/slow downs, i.e. outdated offerings (HR Miami, HR Houston Dowtown, HR Cambridge, MA; etc., etc.) and potential guests need an incentive to even consider booking with them?

To put it more bluntly: this is a "meh" bonus. From posts within this forum, even from persons who tend to value or book based upon similar bonuses/promotions (or at least they're more cognizant of them than the average traveller) with WoH, this promotion failed to get said persons just to sign up for it, let alone book because of it.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
To put it more bluntly: this is a "meh" bonus. From posts within this forum, even from persons who tend to value or book based upon similar bonuses/promotions (or at least they're more cognizant of them than the average traveller) with WoH, this promotion failed to get said persons just to sign up for it, let alone book because of it.
It's not even been two weeks since they announced the promo and they have already started spamming me with reminders to register. I smell desperation
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
To put it more bluntly: this is a "meh" bonus.
Certainly true, but OTOH every promotion can't be better than all the ones that preceded it.

Last edited by JackE; Jul 4, 2018 at 9:40 pm
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JackE
Certainly true, but OTOH every promotion can't be better than all the ones what preceded it.
True. But I dearly loved the two promos that Hyatt did for 75K points after 25 nights.

And I wasn't with Hyatt way back when, but man, Faster Free Nights sounds like it was incredible (and WAY too generous).
a free night (at ANY) hotel after 2 stays
2K points after 2 stays (when paying with Mastercard)
+ 1K welcome amenity per stay
+ 2.5K if the club was closed.

So if you could mattress run anything it was extremely lucrative. Every two stays gave at least 4K points plus a free night anywhere in the world. Plus another bit if the club was closed.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jameswes
True. But I dearly loved the two promos that Hyatt did for 75K points after 25 nights.

And I wasn't with Hyatt way back when, but man, Faster Free Nights sounds like it was incredible (and WAY too generous).
a free night (at ANY) hotel after 2 stays
2K points after 2 stays (when paying with Mastercard)
+ 1K welcome amenity per stay
+ 2.5K if the club was closed.

So if you could mattress run anything it was extremely lucrative. Every two stays gave at least 4K points plus a free night anywhere in the world. Plus another bit if the club was closed.

Sure, I remember some stays where, as a Diamond, the room had a negative cost given any reasonable value assigned to points. (e.g., 11K+ points on a $79 stay.) Nevertheless, I hope those DON'T all come back! But that's ONLY because they were a result of a very painful recession. With the economy roaring, it's less of a buyer's market.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by JackE
Nevertheless, I hope those DON'T all come back! But that's ONLY because they were a result of a very painful recession. With the economy roaring, it's less of a buyer's market.
What's not to like about that - hotel rooms on sale, airfare on sale, stocks on sale.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:20 pm

Back on track here... has anyone had the bonus points post yet?

I've had 6 nights at HR, but no 2500 bonus points yet. Last checkout was 6/10, so I would have thought points would post. T&C say "points will post as you complete criteria", but also "allow two to three weeks".
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
My bonus points from the promo posted with the rest of the points with the stay, as in the day after checkout. In fact, dare I admit, I for some reason got two 2,500 bonuses for the 7 night stay (and this was thus far the only hr or GH stay during the promo period). Also, this was a pts plus cash stay, which are always eligible rates (just fyi to those that keep asking the question).
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
My bonus points from the promo posted with the rest of the points from my most recent stay that pushed me over the first 5 night threshold.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by MarkOK
My bonus points from the promo posted with the rest of the points with the stay, as in the day after checkout. In fact, dare I admit, I for some reason got two 2,500 bonuses for the 7 night stay (and this was thus far the only hr or GH stay during the promo period). Also, this was a pts plus cash stay, which are always eligible rates (just fyi to those that keep asking the question).
I'm not sure what happened, but it's the same for me.
The points did NOT post right away. I'm 100% sure because I was watching my account and saw the nights post, but didn't have the 2500 bonus.

Then, like MarkOK, the bonus posted twice. With slightly different promotion names/terms.
Now, my account is correct in that there is a single 2500 point bonus attached to the stay that went over 5 nights.

2018 Regency Grand Summer Promotion: 2500
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by jameswes
I'm not sure what happened, but it's the same for me.
The points did NOT post right away. I'm 100% sure because I was watching my account and saw the nights post, but didn't have the 2500 bonus.

Then, like MarkOK, the bonus posted twice. With slightly different promotion names/terms.
Now, my account is correct in that there is a single 2500 point bonus attached to the stay that went over 5 nights.

2018 Regency Grand Summer Promotion: 2500
I checked this last night again, and I had THREE 2,500 promos posted, but alas, this morning, it is down to just one. I suppose we can chalk this up to Hyatt IT getting its act together.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I stayed June 22--27 at HR Montreal. On June 29, I got almost everything: My 5 night credits, 1 stay credit, regular points on the cash portion of P&C (first 3 nights) and my 2500 bonus points.
Only thing I had to fight for was points-earning on my massage at their spa, which was listed on my folio as a "Debours," which looks like "disbursement" as if they had advanced me cash for a taxi or purchase of a show ticket or COD parcel. The accounting manager or whoever of the hotel credited my account 175 points "bonus" for my spend of C$170.25, so I had to phone Hyatt CS to say I should have gotten 5 pp$ on ~US$132 which = 660 points. He decided to be nice by ignoring the exchange rate, giving me 700 more "bonus" points. So I got 875 non-status points vs. ~ the 660 status points I deserved. Which is better for me because I will earn Discoverist status with 2 more nights & have no chance of earning Explorist.

Last edited by Brendan; Jul 7, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.