Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Nish Palas Istanbul impressions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

I haven't seen a review thread yet so here are some impressions of my stay.

Overall: Not worth it. Stick with the GH or the PH.

The hotel is *brand* new - we checked in less than a week after it first opened, and it definitely showed. Lots of little inconsistencies, like:

- Improperly mounted toilet flushing mechanism
- Control buttons that were incomprehensible for the AC and lighting. Each button has several "pressure points" apparently that do different things, but they weren't clearly delineated or labeled. Apparently the only way to actually turn the AC on or off was to call the front desk.
- The balcony among the top floor rooms are shared between the units, so there's nothing preventing a neighbor from going onto the deck and looking into your room...
- Strangely, zero USB ports available. I'd expect those to come standard in any hotel

I had to spend a significant amount of time talking to the front-desk on check-in to get the View Terrace room, which I was told was the standard Globalist upgrade when I called ahead a day before. Always frustrating when the hotel doesn't properly try to upgrade you.

Globalist Breakfast was good. We didn't get a menu but we got the standard Turkish breakfast spread. Also asked if there was Menemen, and they gave it to us without an extra charge, so I don't know what the exact breakfast policy was.

Location-wise it's only 5 minutes away from the Park Hyatt and even close to the St. Regis.

Pricing wise it's inconsistent - It charges almost as much as the PH rate-wise, and considering that the standard upgrade at the PH is a spa room I consider the PH to be significantly better. The only redeeming quality is that the Nish Palas is categorized as a Category 2, so I'd only stay there to redeem the points - even so, considering how low Istanbul hotel rates are nowadays it might just be better to stay at the GH or PH.
aehlert73 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:20 pm

yes, i made also bad experiences. See the thread " Nish Palas Istanbul: The Unbound Collection"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.